i love taking pictures o nature and sunsets, etc.
    anybody else into photography
    05-30-12 07:58 PM
    Moi....as much as I enjoy 35 mm photography using any one of my Nikon's or Leica's from yesteryear, I do enjoy the things I can do with my Leica Digilux 2 and 3.
    05-30-12 09:28 PM
    You haven't lived till you've been under the hood of an 8 x 10 view camera.
    05-31-12 07:02 AM
    I don't know... can you still buy film? It used to be hanging from every checkout register in every store. Does anyone still use film? My darkroom technician skills aren't in such high demand any more.
    05-31-12 07:08 AM
    You haven't lived till you've been under the hood of an 8 x 10 view camera.
    Yes...Ansel baby.
    05-31-12 07:23 AM
    Present and accounted for. Been into photography since high school.
    I actually still have my first two cameras Pentax K-1000 (absolute tank) and
    Yashica FX-3. One of these days I will get around to setting the darkroom
    up again.
    05-31-12 07:37 PM
    Present and accounted for. Been into photography since high school.
    I actually still have my first two cameras Pentax K-1000 (absolute tank) and
    Yashica FX-3. One of these days I will get around to setting the darkroom
    up again.
    How interesting....I still have an Asahi Pentax K-1000 I bought in a PX in 1968; it definitely is a tank.
    05-31-12 10:52 PM
    You make me think of the days I used to lug a Mamiya RB-67 around with a few lenses in a huge aluminum case I think Cheney made. Had to be crazy to drag that thing through the snow in Telluride (about 13,000 ft) on snowshoes to take a few pics. I don't think backpacks were invented yet. The snow was so deep I pushed the case along but was afraid it would plunge down the abyss. Don't think I could breathe properly for a few weeks after...
    06-01-12 12:10 PM
    While the Mamiya is a fine camera, I have always considered it a poor man's alternative to a Hasselblad.
    06-01-12 04:33 PM
    Dude! Why do you think I had Mamiya???

For what I had in the whole banana I couldn't have bought a decent used Hassie body. 'Sides, back then Hassies only came in 6x6 and I hated wasting all that photo paper when I printed. 6x7 Mamiya solved that and let me sleep at night. And then I sold a Rollei with Zeiss glass at a garage sale for $20 bucks. Now my hobby is boating... wayyyyyyy cheaper.
    06-07-12 01:12 PM
    Dude! Why do you think I had Mamiya???

For what I had in the whole banana I couldn't have bought a decent used Hassie body. 'Sides, back then Hassies only came in 6x6 and I hated wasting all that photo paper when I printed. 6x7 Mamiya solved that and let me sleep at night. And then I sold a Rollei with Zeiss glass at a garage sale for $20 bucks. Now my hobby is boating... wayyyyyyy cheaper.
    Ahhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha.....boating cheaper??? Just keeping my 22' Whaler in storage is $210.00 per mont; and that's only because I'm getting a break for being military. I have a few hobbies, but damn, owing a boat has got to be worse then raising 4 girls and putting them all through 1st tier universities.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 06-07-12 at 03:31 PM.
    06-07-12 03:26 PM
    Ahhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha.....boating cheaper??? Just keeping my 22' Whaler in storage is $210.00 per mont; and that's only because I'm getting a break for being military. I have a few hobbies, but damn, owing a boat has got to be worse then raising 4 girls and putting them all through 1st tier universities.
    You can park it at my dock for half that, maybe less if you mow the lawn once a month.

BOAT=Break Out Another Thousand

But shhhhhhh, don't let it get out that boating isn't so cheap as photography. I may have to sell it and get a Kodak disposable.
    06-08-12 01:01 PM
    i love photography! especially when its two naked girls!!!

and watch out for trucky...last time he mentioned dark room to me i woke up wearing lipstick and ...well there is no "and" ok? forget it!
    06-08-12 04:44 PM
    i love photography! especially when its two naked girls!!!

and watch out for trucky...last time he mentioned dark room to me i woke up wearing lipstick and ...well there is no "and" ok? forget it!
    That wasn't lipstick..........
    06-11-12 08:00 AM
    That wasn't lipstick..........
    Hemorrhoids???
    06-12-12 06:09 AM
    I'm into it.
    06-14-12 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD