just saw it on tv tonight and it got me interested. now i know that you crackberry addicts couldnt deal with it but i almost never use data so this would be perfect for me. its 30 a month for 1000 min,1000 texts and 30mb of data or 45 a month for unlimited. now i thought about getting the droid just cause its a beast phone but i really dont like the idea of paying 100 a month.

has anyone else used this service or heard anything about it in the va area? its verizon service correct? any reviews? ive read some online but would like some more. didnt know if this was the proper area for this thread but here goes...
    12-20-09 10:06 PM
    It's the old TracFone. I haven't used it but have heard of it. One downfall is you are limited to a few handsets with them. The handsets they offer aren't very impressive. It does run in the Verizon network. I haven't heard how well it works in the VA area.
    12-20-09 10:13 PM
    yeah i know the phones kinda suck but thats not a deal breaker if the service is good...
    12-20-09 10:17 PM
    How many minutes and texts do you typically use?
    12-20-09 10:29 PM
    well i usually use about 2000 minutes a month and 2000 texts and maybe a few megabytes of data. now i have been with alltel and all my friends are on alltel so i have had the 500 min plan with 5 my circle numbers and 400 my circle pack all my texts to my friends and gf have been under that...now that comes out to about 90 a month. the verizon plan with 900 mins and unlmt text and data is gonna be about 110. its like it just keeps going higher and higher.
    12-20-09 10:37 PM
    Have not heard of it..
    12-21-09 06:42 AM
    anybody? debating on that or just going with verizon and the droid...
    12-21-09 09:12 PM
    I have not tried it yet, but am about to switch from At&t. A friend has the straight talk unlimited plan. He personally got the cheapest phone Lg 220c, his wife however got the samsung R451c $99 phone. He left verizon, but straight talk is on the verizon network. He says he actually gets a better signal where he lives , than he did on the verizon plan. I would say that depends on the phone difference, as I said it's on the verizon network. Great for northwest Tennessee. If your area gets a great verizon signal, then I'd switch!At&t comes and goes as it pleases! No contract, no hidden extra $12 a month charges. I can pay $45 a month for unlimited everything minutes,text,web,and free 411. Or I could keep paying around $150 a month for no signal! I do hear customer service sucks, but so does At&t!An online review I read from a truck driver who travels all 50 states said he has never had a dropped call, but the internet is kinda slow. However it's just a cellphone! They just came out with the samsung R810C finesse for $328. which is also a beast of a phone, if your willing to pay that much for it.Hope this helps.
    Last edited by atjacobs; 12-27-09 at 12:08 AM.
    12-27-09 12:01 AM
    It looks like it's not a bad idea for someone looking for basic service. The phones don't look appealing, but there is something to be said for not contract/commitment.
    12-27-09 10:48 PM
    Not sure if this warrants it own thread, however, if this could be done, this (TracFone\Verizon Network) may be preferable to using an 8350i over Boost (Sprint\Nextel).

It would be cool if there were a similar MVNO that had GSM service under similar terms: I would use it with an iPhone.
    12-31-09 11:15 PM
    I have had straight talk for about a month now, I love it $45 dollars unlimited everything the service is great! texting is fast. But I still want my storm 9500. Because I cannot get alot of video texts that I could with my storm. Oh btw I have the Samsung R355C with straight talk. I would like to know if I could somehow get my storm to work with this new service? And how I can go about.
    05-03-10 11:25 AM
    My friend has a straight talk phone and it gets pretty decent service, even in the basement. And yes it uses Verizon's towers so that's a plus
    05-03-10 11:30 AM
    just saw it on tv tonight and it got me interested. now i know that you crackberry addicts couldnt deal with it but i almost never use data so this would be perfect for me. its 30 a month for 1000 min,1000 texts and 30mb of data or 45 a month for unlimited. now i thought about getting the droid just cause its a beast phone but i really dont like the idea of paying 100 a month.

has anyone else used this service or heard anything about it in the va area? its verizon service correct? any reviews? ive read some online but would like some more. didnt know if this was the proper area for this thread but here goes...
    Check out the straight talk coverage maps online. You can google it and find it that way. Problem is, only straight talk phones work on straight talk. No blackberrys allowed.... On the bright side, the Nokia e71 ($189 online @ Walmart.com) is a nice gsm smart phone, with a large coverage area (at & t).. Their cdma phones run on the verizon networks. Good Luck with it....
    05-15-11 10:02 AM
    i can hardly ever get any straight talk from wally world...it's always either "skrate talk" or "que?"
    05-16-11 02:10 PM
    Just wanna tell you that the service is based on T-Mobile towers. . That is all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 02:56 PM
    So it will be AT&T in a few months
    05-23-11 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD