Kinda like in the movie The Strangers...there's a thread on this on imdb and it's amazing, so I thought I'd start it up here. They're addicting and once you start reading you can't stop.

I unfortunately don't have any, but want to hear from you guys...

IMDb :: Boards :: The Strangers (2008) :: Any weird people knock on your door? CO...
    03-24-09 08:31 PM
    Only weirdo's that come knocking on mine are the religious ones.....hahaha
    03-24-09 08:35 PM
    Mormons and JW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 09:17 PM
    I had a guy knock on my door who was a dead ringer for the guy selling magazine subscriptions in the movie Office Space (The hello my name is Michael, i am a recovering crack addict guy) He asked for a glass of water, so I gave him one. He then proceeded to invite himself in and take a seat...at this point I was like WTF are you doing. Get out of my house! He told me that he was dissapointed in me, because he thought I was "cool" and stormed off.
    03-25-09 03:03 AM
    When I was in college, I had a woman come and knock on my door at 2 in the morning. Her boyfriend had apparently abandoned her on the side of the road after they had a fight and she needed a ride. My roommate and I were night owls and had the only lights on in the area. My roomie decided to give her a lift home. He also got her number when he dropped her off and they started dating and eventually (3 years later) got married.
    03-25-09 09:36 AM
    The Strangers freaked me out...

It's one of the few horror movies that struck a primitive chord in my mind-

The thought of someone just barging in on you in your home, a place that is sacred to you and your family, just freaks me out.

Especially how plausible the whole scenario is-

I know if someone were to ring my doorbell at 3 am, and I opened the door to a shotgun or a knife or something-

I would definitely not be prepared, or alert enough to deal with such a situation.

After seeing that movie I'm a bit creeped out at the thought of going to my ski cabin in the poconos
    03-25-09 11:19 AM
    3am visit from the repo man count as weird?
    03-25-09 12:10 PM
    I haven't seen 'The Strangers'; and don't know what it's exactly about...but from what I understand; it's basically a glorified Hollywood version of what happens all the time in both rich and poor (mainly poor) communities alike...breaking-in, forced entry, armed robbery. Those weird people are called robbers...whether they knock or not.

It happens day in and day out; even more often now since the economy is in the shape it's in. It took a movie for that realization to be known and hit home?

03-25-09 12:12 PM
    Burglary/Robbery/Trespassing Are Three Distinct Things.
    03-25-09 12:18 PM
    From Yahoo Answers:

The Stangers
    INSPIRED by a true story:

Hollywood has sneakily made a difference between the words based and inspired. Apparently, inspired is made up while based on is truly based on a true story. The Strangers was a great movie in my opinion however, it was "inspired by a true story". The Strangers was loosely based on various home invasion murders, including The Manson Murders, and based upon an Austrian couple that was murdered by three teenagers in their vacation home in The Czech Republic. I also felt duped, I mean I know its an old movie trick but it also feels like I got scammed

The True Story Behind the New Movie "The Strangers" is a mixture of three stories.

The killers, a principle male assailant and female accomplices, is based upon Charles Manson and the Manson killings.

The frantic "there's blood everywhere" 911 phone call and "bounding to a chair and stabbing" was based on the killings in Cabin 28.

The basic story of a couple being terrorized by a group of people was based on the famous killing in the Czech Republic, which was also made into a French Film titled Ils, translated to mean "Them."

In the Czech Republic murders, an Austrian couple are terrorized in their vacation home by three teenagers and are later killed in the forest when they try to escape. BUT, a concrete source for this alleged crime has yet to be found other than countless blog postings, leading most people to believe that the story was engineered much like the Blair Witch Project, to give Directors a legal excuse to claim that it was based on a "True Story."

In the Cabin 28 murders, the daughter of a woman walks into a cabin where her mother, brother, and brother's female friend were staying only to find them stabbed and hammered to death. She calls 911 frantically repeating "there's blood everywhere," which there was although no one heard anything all night.

This took a few hours to finally piece together, but I noticed that no one else had figured it out and wanted to be the first to say, "I cracked the story."

So in the end The Strangers inspired by aTrue Story claim is definitely true, but a combination of several stories to appeal to general audiences. That's Hollywood, but, as scary as it may be, also real life.
    03-25-09 02:19 PM
    I'm sorry, but if those lunatics from The Strangers tried that crap at my house, they would be out smarted and either...

A: Get ripped to shreds by one of my firearms.
    B: Get ripped to shreds by one of my neighbor's firearms.
    C: Get ripped to shreds by my dog.
    D: All of the above.
    03-25-09 02:45 PM
    C: Get ripped to shreds by my dog.
    Which reminds me, my 5 lb Chihuahua is trained to be able kill someone 10x before they hit the floor!

03-25-09 02:58 PM
    Which reminds me, my 5 lb Chihuahua is trained to be able kill someone 10x before they hit the floor!

03-25-09 03:15 PM

Haha You Don't Know The Half Of It!!
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 03-25-09 at 03:34 PM.
    03-25-09 03:27 PM
    And Before Everyone Calls For The Firing Squad-

Thats my 12 year old Brother Holding My 2 Year Old Chihuaua.

I'm just making everyone aware because last time I posted a pic everyone went off the deep end-

Apparently if you post a picture it has to be of yourself.
    03-25-09 03:42 PM
    I thought the movie The Strangers is sooooo stupid. I couldn't even get to the end of the movie

03-25-09 04:52 PM
    I thought the movie The Strangers is sooooo stupid. I couldn't even get to the end of the movie
    same here, I fell asleep twice also!
    03-25-09 09:45 PM
    def the religious ones they wont let you say no and they just stand there awkwardly
    04-05-09 11:56 AM
    Yes. My roommate has odd people come over at all odd hours. Heh.

04-05-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD