Just wired $300 to my e-trade. Anyone else into the stock market?
    I'm looking to invest in some newer stocks that have potential.
    Doing some research now.
    03-19-10 03:14 PM
    Hi,

What stocks do you invest in now?

Do you invest in RIMM?

I have also been doing some research. I would like to find more companies like OTTR that let me direct purchase stock without any fee's or high min. monthly purchases.

I have had a sharebuilder account for about a year, but just put some cash in it last night.

I'm looking at buying F, RIMM or AAPL.

I started using Google Finance at the end of 2008 when I started hearing how low stock prices were. That is about the time I started buying OTTR stocks.

I remember talking about WHR stocks on my forum and they were around $20/share at the end of 2008. I talked about buying them, but did not. Sure wish I would have.

F was less then $2/share around the end of 2008 and look at them now.

I feel F is still under prices, but think WHR maybe to high to buy now.
    Last edited by appliancejunk; 03-19-10 at 05:29 PM.
    03-19-10 05:05 PM
    I'm not too sure about rimm...
    Right now I'm looking to invest in 4G companies. Not carriers but suppliers of 4G technologies.
    Still need to do some research. I'm talking about chips, etc that will make 4G possible.
    I also look at upcoming devices like Apple iPhone 4G and look at the B.O.M. (Bill Of Materials) It isn't out yet for 4G (Or whatever they decide to call it) but once it is I will look at it and evaluate what would be good to invest in, if anything.
    I prefer high risk stocks, not necessarily penny stocks but new, prospect companies with potential.
    03-19-10 05:50 PM
    Right now I'm looking to invest in 4G companies
    Interesting, could you list some of the companies your looking at?
    03-19-10 06:13 PM
    The companies making 4G possible on ATT Include Erricson and Alcatel-Lucent. However I'm looking into Verizon, bigger network. Haven't done research on them yet though.
    Just invested in 10,000 shares of a prospect Gold mining company that has shown promising drills.
    Too bad it was like 20 minutes after the aftermarket hours closed lol.
    Last edited by FTWrath; 03-19-10 at 08:46 PM.
    03-19-10 08:43 PM
    I'd stay away from palm right now!
    03-19-10 08:48 PM
    I'd stay away from palm right now!
    No kidding!
    03-19-10 08:55 PM
    I've been an equities trader for close to nine years. But i don't have any recommendations. There was some volatility today due to options expiration and there are some things I'm looking at for possible reversals, but being that it's my profession, i don't like to make recommendations. I do agree with the other negative sentiments regarding PALM though. But who knows what can happen there. There was another thread talking about RIMM buying them, i just don't see how that makes any sense. But in the world of stocks, one never knows. Good luck, and be careful. Don't invest a dime more than you can afford to lose.
    03-19-10 09:06 PM
    Palm wouldn't be too bad to invest in. It's expected to be back to making profits in 4-6 quarters (1 - 1.5 years) and most likely wont drop under $3. So buy it at $3-$4 as a long term investment.
    You're looking at a stock that peaked at $23 and WILL make it through this low point. I don't see a company like PALM failing completely.
    03-19-10 09:21 PM
    Palm wouldn't be too bad to invest in. It's expected to be back to making profits in 4-6 quarters (1 - 1.5 years) and most likely wont drop under $3. So buy it at $3-$4 as a long term investment.
    You're looking at a stock that peaked at $23 and WILL make it through this low point. I don't see a company like PALM failing completely.

Just did a little reading about PALM. They have 320 million in current liabilities, 353 mil in current assets, and a product backlog of 800,000 unsold units. I personally wouldn't attempt to cath this falling knife. But that's just me. I'd rather short a week company than buy it. But personally i've never traded PALM once, and likely never will, so for me it's a non-issue. I'm just speaking philosophically from a trading standpoint. And the only reason i'm mentioning palm at all is it was in the news quite a bit today.
    03-19-10 10:01 PM
    I wouldn't buy it either. Just saying it's a long term high risk stock though. Projected to profit in about a year, if it survives that long

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 11:14 PM
    Hey I'm daytrader but stopped for a while just to get my attention and research on the current political actions rolling up congress.
    03-20-10 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD