10-29-08 11:55 AM
38 12
tools
    Hey Everyone!

I Got My BB and I Love it! I see there are other Religious Threads, are there any Proud scientologists with BB's?
    10-22-08 03:29 PM
    Tom cruise, he has the force in his veins...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 03:52 PM
    I liked his scifi when I was a kid. Battlefield Earth was a good read, too. Terrible movie, though.

10-22-08 04:00 PM
    Agreed, that could be said about most movie adaptations.
    10-22-08 04:01 PM
    Too bad he made a crazy azzed religion

10-22-08 05:55 PM
    Hard to fit years into 2 hours.

10-22-08 08:41 PM
    Who made a crazy religion? Hopefully you don't mean Tom Cruise. I agree it's a crazy religion, but it was started by L. Ron Hubbard.
    10-24-08 01:50 AM
    Tom Cruise! LOL That guy lost touch with reality YEARS N YEARS N YEARS ago!!!!! A cult's a cult.....no matter who u brainwash into believing in it!!!
    10-24-08 09:53 AM
    Everyone seems to forget...

ALL Religions Started as Cults-

AND ALL Religions sound Crazy if you take a step back and look at them Subjectively.

I don't care for Scientology, But I Find it funny that So Many People Take issues with it.

Who The Heck Cares What Tom Cruise Does In His Spare Time?

Is He Even Relevant anymore?

Let People Practice What they Want to Practice.

If they want to Spend 250,000 Dollars to Become Clear, Let them.

If People Want to Give Their Church their First Hours Worth of Labor, Let them.

Surely after 50 years, Weekly Donations Are equivalent to a One Time Donation.

Who The Heck Cares.

If Scientologist Believe in Aliens or Whatever, Who Cares?

Surely, Believing in Alien Spirits must be more unacceptable than Drinking Blood on Sunday Mornings, Right?

Heh- Perspectives are Weird Huh?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 10-24-08 at 11:42 AM.
    10-24-08 11:40 AM
    Prada, there are numerous things that are incorrect with your post, try researching next time...

Hope this helps

10-24-08 12:43 PM
    To Elaborate:

1.)I have Taken Several Courses on World Religions and Theologies, and All Religions Began as Cults. Even the Catholic Religion was viewed as a Dangerous Cult to the Romans. It is likely that you take the word Cult to mean something Horrid that involves brainwashing, and suicide. This is very rarely the case, due to the fact that the only Cults that make it to the media are the "bad" ones.

2.) Tom Cruise is Irrelevant. Did you See Minority Report? War of the Worlds? The Oprah Winfrey Show? I Rest my Case.

3.) It Costs Roughly $250,000 to go clear, this is a very rough number provided through leaked documentation. You can find this at Operation Clambake, or Xenu.net. These costs are accumlated through "donations" for "courses" to Cross the "Bridge" to "Clear".

4.) Traditionally, many Christian churches require members to fork over 10 percent of their annual income in a practice known as “tithing.”

5.) IF you are Christian, and go to Sunday mass, the MOST Important, and HOLIEST part of Mass, is the Parting of Bread and Wine. By Belief, and through Transubstantiation the Bread and Wine turn into the BODY and BLOOD of Christ.

Hope this Helps
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 10-24-08 at 01:15 PM.
    10-24-08 12:47 PM
    Muhahahahahaa......and so it begins!

*Edit*

I def with ya on the fact that all religions started as cults n most of em still are if ya really think about it.......but Tom Cruise is still a dou**che!
    10-24-08 01:05 PM
    Muhahahahahaa......and so it begins!

*Edit*

I def with ya on the fact that all religions started as cults n most of em still are if ya really think about it.......but Tom Cruise is still a dou**che!
    No Doubt

10-24-08 01:18 PM
    To Elaborate:

1.)I have Taken Several Courses on World Religions and Theologies, and All Religions Began as Cults. Even the Catholic Religion was viewed as a Dangerous Cult to the Romans. It is likely that you take the word Cult to mean something Horrid that involves brainwashing, and suicide. This is very rarely the case, due to the fact that the only Cults that make it to the media are the "bad" ones.

2.) Tom Cruise is Irrelevant. Did you See Minority Report? War of the Worlds? The Oprah Winfrey Show? I Rest my Case.

3.) It Costs Roughly $250,000 to go clear, this is a very rough number provided through leaked documentation. You can find this at Operation Clambake, or Xenu.net. These costs are accumlated through "donations" for "courses" to Cross the "Bridge" to "Clear".

4.) Traditionally, many Christian churches require members to fork over 10 percent of their annual income in a practice known as “tithing.”

5.) IF you are Christian, and go to Sunday mass, the MOST Important, and HOLIEST part of Mass, is the Parting of Bread and Wine. By Belief, and through Transubstantiation the Bread and Wine turn into the BODY and BLOOD of Christ.

Hope this Helps
    Prada, again, do a little more research.

1. Judaism did not begin as a cult

2. I was joking about tom cruise, the guy is clearly crazy

3. I wouldn't dispute this

4. Correct, look at the origins of tithing, tithing exists for the church to not only function, but provide help to the "widows and orphans". The concept behind tithing is that God gave you everything you have, give him back ten percent. With the church of scientology you have to give x amount of money to join, that is a huge fundamental difference.

5. All christians aren't catholics prada. According to the biblical definition of being a christian, a catholic person isn't a christian. Most churches do not have communion every sunday. Only the catholic "church" believes that the bread and wine actually turn into blood and body. Refer to the above statements about catholocism.

You may have taken a class on "christianity", but you clearly didn't learn much outside of the catholic religion...

hope this helps
    10-24-08 01:25 PM
    Imho, all religions are STILL cults. Don't feel all so special that yours aint.

Yes, let it begin...

10-24-08 01:28 PM
    all hail zeus. he throws the sickest parties.
    10-24-08 01:29 PM
    Prada, again, do a little more research.

1. Judaism did not begin as a cult

2. I was joking about tom cruise, the guy is clearly crazy

3. I wouldn't dispute this

4. Correct, look at the origins of tithing, tithing exists for the church to not only function, but provide help to the "widows and orphans". The concept behind tithing is that God gave you everything you have, give him back ten percent. With the church of scientology you have to give x amount of money to join, that is a huge fundamental difference.

5. All christians aren't catholics prada. According to the biblical definition of being a christian, a catholic person isn't a christian. Most churches do not have communion every sunday. Only the catholic "church" believes that the bread and wine actually turn into blood and body. Refer to the above statements about catholocism.

You may have taken a class on "christianity", but you clearly didn't learn much outside of the catholic religion...

hope this helps
    1.) Who said it didnt?

2.) Good

3.) Cool

4.) You never have to give X amount to join. Everything is labeled as a DONATION to help the Church of Scientology keep Running. The Co$ Helps you achieve all your desires, Why Not Give Back? Why Else would Tom Cruise Donate Millions?

Because the Co$ Has made him the MOST SUCCESFUL CHARMING ACTOR OF ALL TIME!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can you hear the Sarcasm?

5.) Your trying to be a stickler here. Whether they do it every sunday, or the first sunday of every month. They still practice TRANSUBSTANTIATION.

I May Have Accidentally Swapped Christian with Catholic- Whatever.

I was typing on the Fly at work.

The original intent was to point out that ALL RELIGIONS ARE WEIRD.

Its not just Scientology.

It's nice to see you pounce over something as irrelevant as that, because you definitely understood what I meant, you just want to be a stickler.

We all know you to well My Dear Vinnie.
    10-24-08 01:48 PM
    A stickler, catholocism is fundamentally different than almost all other forms of christianity

10-24-08 01:50 PM
    Is that all?

No Explanation?

Didn't you read?

That wasn't the Point.

Catholicism Still Falls Under Christianity.

Judaism-Christianity-Islam

And You Didn't Elaborate, Why Didn't Judaism Start off as a Cult?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 10-24-08 at 01:57 PM.
    10-24-08 01:55 PM
    Scientology was founded by a science fiction writer in the 50's, christianity was founded thousands of years ago...

10-24-08 01:57 PM
    Your Point is?

Did You Google Scientology? Was that the first line that came up?

LOL

This was pointed out a while ago by exelant.

Just because its "Thousands of years old", doesn't make it "less weird" than Scientology.

It just makes it Older.
    10-24-08 02:00 PM
    How many odd religions from thousands of years ago still exist?

10-24-08 02:03 PM
    Does that matter?

Where talking about Scientology LOLOL

Not the Credibility of a religion due to its Age.

My OLD Dinosaur of a Computer is OLD, and SILLY.

Is it Relevant?

No.

I can name a few-

Hinduism, Buddhism, Shamanism, Zoroastrianism
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 10-24-08 at 02:18 PM.
    10-24-08 02:11 PM
    bad example with the computer prada, computer technology has only been around for roughly fifty years, and computers are outdated almost every six months, religion is a different story...
    10-24-08 02:15 PM
    You still get the point

How many Religions Come and Go and Never Go Mainstream?

TONS.

Lets get back on topic- Your Not Getting any where, and you aren't trying to either.
    10-24-08 02:19 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD