has anyone tried using the swoopo web site that is advertised in the right hand side of the blogs page?
    05-01-09 06:03 PM
    Its a scam. It cost .75 cents to bid on an item. And each bid only rasies the value of the item .30. So if the plans play out right Swoopo can make 800$ off of a 225$ item. Its legit as far as getting the item bid on. But good luck getting it. The item has to go 1 full min before a person can win it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 09:22 PM
    Thank you I knew it was to good to be true...I hope you didn't find out by getting burned.

05-01-09 10:26 PM
    Thank you I knew it was to good to be true...I hope you didn't find out by getting burned.

No i didn't get burned. What i meant in since i'm a PC i can post it properly...

they had a Apple 3G 16Gb starting bid $25.00 and it sold for 78$ and change, in a penny bid. Each time a bid was placed it raised the item price .01Cents

So if you do the math 78even - 25even = 53 dollars.

And if each bid only raises the bid of the item .01cent that is 5300 bids.
    (5,3000 x .01 = 53.00 / 25.00 + 53.00 = 78.00)

but if each bid raises the price .01cent and you are paying .75/bid where does the other .74cents go you ask?

To Swoopo.com!!!!

so that item that had 5,300 bids placed on it made .74cents per bid, thats 3,922 dollars that item made for swoop.com.

The end payer only paid 78 & change for the item plus the bids, but the members of swoopo gave Swoopo.com 3,922 dollars in the process.

It's not a rip-off it's really good marketing, The end bidder gets a good item at a great price, and Swoopo.com makes a killing off of the items sold.

The reason i said good luck getting the item you bid on is this. the Item has to go One full min. (60 seconds) without having a bid placed on it, for the end bidder to win it. and with Swoopo offering a "BidButler" which is a automatic bidder for the buyer, it's really tough to get the item in question.
    05-04-09 07:40 AM
    When people loss money on penny auction sites like swoopo or bidray, they started considering these sites as a Scam . It's not so easy to win a particular products on penny auction websites as lot of other people are also bidding for the same product and hence not possible that the same product belong to everyone. These sites always earns huge profit by selling the products through auction but they are not cheaters. I have won a product on swoopo but was not easy and took lot of time to win my first so I am focus on Brugle.com, the new entertainment shopping website. However, I don't have much idea about the site but the model and bidding concept looks imaginative and never tried before. You may want to have a look at their website;
    03-19-10 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD