Real instruments, of course...

My parents had me taking formal Classical Tutelage from the age of 7. I always thought it nonsense and boring - yet stuck with it for 11 years (I had no choice ).

Now? After 36 years of playing, I'm SO glad I did stick with it! All those years of lessons taught me how to read music (no Tabs), the diversity of the instrument and a Fanny-Load of technique! I may not be able to shred with metal (not my cup-O-tea) - but I can play just about anything written for Acoustic, Classical, Folk, etc...

I do get the wayward look from time-to-time when ppl notice the nails on my right thumb, Index, Middle and ring finger as somewhat "Fem-Long"

Anyone else out there play?

Cheers!

Craig
    04-27-08 10:54 AM
    I've been playing nearly 8 years (this summer). I play mostly rock/punk/metal stuff though, but I'll just about anything that sounds good or is fun to play. I wish I had learned to place Classical style...I mess around with finger picking, but I'm not particularly good.

I also play bass and drums...if I could sing worth anything, I'd be my own band!
    04-27-08 11:25 AM
    classical, guitar that is.
    04-27-08 04:16 PM
    Right-On Shady!

Another Nylon-Stringer..

Cheers!

Craig
    04-27-08 04:21 PM
    dave matthews, tim reynolds, stuff like that. nothing too crazy. that takes away from the peaceful state of mind playing gives me.
    04-27-08 04:24 PM
    I've been playing for about 4.5 years now- and I love it. Its one of my absolute passions- I'm hoping I can go to music college- but who knows, its so expensive. For right now I'm just trying to get as good as I can! I like listening to just about every style! But I've been into the virtuoso's lately such as Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci. But I love the blues and all that old rock too, its all good to me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-08 04:35 PM
    I have been playing seriouly for about 2 years or so and I gotta say it is quite a satisfying passion. I have a bass, just a squire precision bass and two epiphones a les paul studio and a sg with maestro tremolo.
    F

04-29-08 01:58 PM
    I record guitar players for a living. While I don't play, I do spend a lot of time hearing guitar players play wrong. lol
    04-29-08 02:02 PM
    I like to play country/ rock country...6 years now...

04-30-08 10:46 AM
    Mostly play rock and ska. Playing for 2 years now.
    Just picked up a Yamaha acoustic for 20 to bang on when I'm not in front of the crowd, Plus my Silverburst LP is heeeeeavy...but I love her.

Dm
    05-01-08 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD