01-06-11 08:59 PM
34 12
tools
    Odyssey and Iliad, both are fantastic, you can really see why these books have continued to be read for 1000's of years.
    I'm sorry I can't say which translation I suggest the most, but they truly are great books.
    I read Odyssey and Iliad in literature class my freshman or sophomore year in high school. Those were good.
    01-04-11 08:44 PM
    I read Odyssey and Iliad in literature class my freshman or sophomore year in high school. Those were good.
    I read Brave New World, and Bright lights Big City in those years,

maybe check those out
    01-04-11 09:28 PM
    I'm well into James Patterson, wish I cud get through them all but keeps releasin more, because I have a short attention span the short chapters keep me reading. Readin worst case at the min, the others in this series wher great n can't wait for the next already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 10:13 PM
    Anything written by Asimov! Foundation series is pretty good.

Also, Jonathan Strange and Mr.Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It's a masterpiece.

01-05-11 12:40 AM
    Anything written by Asimov! Foundation series is pretty good.

Also, Jonathan Strange and Mr.Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It's a masterpiece.

The older Asimov is good. First three foundation novels plus the 4th are good, but I think the last ones, and his later novels ruined all his older works by trying to tie different universes together.
    01-05-11 07:05 AM
    I read Brave New World, and Bright lights Big City in those years,

maybe check those out
    Will do.

I can haz 10 char?
    01-05-11 10:37 AM
    My daughter's class is embarking on a group read/bookclub type thing with the parents. We're all reading Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli (and then having a group discussion in a few weeks).

I just finished today. It's a really great Holocaust-related read.
    01-05-11 01:38 PM
    Robert Heinlein's, Stranger in a Strange Land
    01-05-11 05:28 PM
    The older Asimov is good. First three foundation novels plus the 4th are good, but I think the last ones, and his later novels ruined all his older works by trying to tie different universes together.

Well I wouldn't quite say ruined, Asimov at his worst is still better than most if you ask me. But yeah, I agree the later ones feel a little out of place.

Asimov frequently said he didn't want to continue the foundation series. It was supposed to be over with the first book, I think.

01-06-11 08:59 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD