Just a place for the classic to contemporary Bimmer owner to gather and commiserate. Anyone else? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

Here's mine. Whatta' Beast! Passes everything except the gas station...

Craig
    05-18-08 12:47 PM
    BALLLINNN dam clean ride dude.. um my first car was a like 87 5 series dark green wit black interior lol power doors and locks a sunroof LOL that car was classic. that thing ran like a champion lol. buy yea only bimmer i ever had and dont plan on gettin any other. imma fan of benz
    05-18-08 12:57 PM
    Yup! I am a proud Z3 owner!!

Luv your M6. Very hot!

I don't know how to put a pic in my post so I attached a picture of my beamer.
    05-18-08 01:03 PM
    Thanks S.F!

I drove a C 63 AMG about 3 weeks ago. Damn fine ride! Love the interior! 451 HP doesn't hurt either...

My wife HATES our M6! She doesn't care for the SMG at all! Of course, that's fine by me - LOL! She doesn't mind arriving in it though!

Craig
    05-18-08 01:05 PM
    yea im sorry dude i tried to like beamers but once u drive a benz for so long its hard to drive anything else.. my friend recently bought a m3 a 2007 i think black on black blacked it out mm super clean smg but the he doesnt know how to drive wat a shame to such a nice car. u got any plans with that car make it a lil louder by removin the resonators or sumthin lowering it. its already nice the way it is but i like to modify cars
    05-18-08 01:07 PM
    Sweet Z CJ!

Back in the late 80's when I was stationed in Germany, one of my fellow pilots bought a Z1. That was a wicked-cool BMW! The doors didn't open 'out' - they were motorized and dropped down into the door sill. Great little cabriolet and the start of the "Z" cars... along with my affinity towards BMW.

Craig
    05-18-08 01:11 PM
    I'm not one to modify my rides too much SF. Maybe later (after the free maintenance warranty expires). Last thing I need to to modify something, only to find that BMW has voided the entire warranty...

Craig
    05-18-08 01:15 PM
    Thanks Craig. It's my first BMW and I'm so glad I bought it. It's time to drop the top for the summer now that it's nice here.
    05-18-08 01:16 PM
    It's not mine (it's my parents), but here's our '04 Z4 3.0 with my car next to it. What a fun pair! (btw...photo was taken with my Curve. Just thought I'd throw that out there)

Last edited by TechJunkie; 05-18-08 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Messed up picture and shameless BB plug
    05-18-08 08:38 PM
    Nice Z4 your parental figures have. (Your mustang ain't too bad either.)

I used to not like the body style of the Z4, but now I don't think it's all that bad. I am a big fan of the gills and suppose that's why I didn't like the Z4 when it first came out. It looked nekked. LOL.
    05-18-08 08:57 PM
    Nice M6. I just sold my Dinan S2 M5. I miss that car. I'm waiting for my new one. My wife has a 2007 550I MSport. Awsome cars. I'll post pics asap.

PS, my daily driver is a V8 4Runner Sport. Love that truck.

Manny

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 09:19 PM
    When we were shopping, I was considering the M5. I wasn't sure (with two small boys and all)... After driving each, I settled on the 6 because of the styling.

My Daily Driver is a '94 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo. 14 years old and just hit 80k miles. She's MUCH easier on the gas too! LOL!

Craig
    05-19-08 10:09 AM
    Hey Dadto - I was driving home the other day and when I looked in my rearview mirror I saw a white 6 series behind me. As the guy passed me (he had the top down) I noticed a wind block up that looked oddly enough like the back window. (Saw the defroster lines)

Does your M6 have this too and is it button activated?
    05-22-08 12:06 PM
    I HAD a 2000 540i. I loved that car.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 04:28 PM
    Hey Dadto - I was driving home the other day and when I looked in my rearview mirror I saw a white 6 series behind me. As the guy passed me (he had the top down) I noticed a wind block up that looked oddly enough like the back window. (Saw the defroster lines)

Does your M6 have this too and is it button activated?
    Hey CJ,

Sorry for the delay! Yes it's the rear window. The top is a soft-top, however, the rear window is glass w/defroster as you noticed. When you stow the top, the trunk opens out, the glass drops (retracts) into the deck-lid, the top folds, the trunk-lid closes and the window extends back into position. Yes. I can raise/lower the rear window with a button like the driver/passenger windows. It's standard on every 6 series Cabriolet.

Hope this clears it up!

Cheers!

Craig
    05-24-08 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD