1. latinlegacy's Avatar
    my wifes dad is getting a 200$ rebate check but he doesnt want to cash it at a cashin place cause they will take 20$ and he owes us 200$ can we depoist it in are bank using atm or we cant do it at all or am i sol of 20$ i know why does he owe money and how come he cant pay it cause he's broke and he's not well of and thats that i aint getting in to details about him but some 1 let me know

    when we signed up from bank her old last name and her new last name are on th bank untill we changed it to just my last name so will this be a problem?
    01-15-09 05:05 PM
  2. GapBoyPCS's Avatar
    I believe your wife's dad can endorse the cheque, and then he can write "Pay To The Order Of XXXXX", where you or your wife is the XXXXX. Then, you sign for it.
    01-15-09 07:03 PM
  3. latinlegacy's Avatar
    how do u write another name on check? what if he gives it to me iono lol
    01-15-09 07:25 PM
  4. iobxchick's Avatar
    Write it on the back where you sign it to cash it then have him sign below that and then you or your wife, depending on who he is signing it over to, signs it.
    01-15-09 07:34 PM
  5. Shortyflirt247's Avatar
    Ok here is the deal...(i used to work in a bank) You/wife need to go in with your father in-law. He needs his id with him as do you. He can sign on the back of the check his name then next line "pay to the order of insert your name here"and then you/wife would sign. As long as you have $200 plus in your account in case the check came back. Hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions.
    01-18-09 10:57 PM