I went out of town with my wife yesterday for some shopping and dinner. I left the restaurant and knew I had my phone clipped in its leather case, to my waistband. went into Lowes. Came out, got in the car and began to drive through the parking lot. For whatever reason, I suddenly realized my phone wasn't there, so I reached down beside the seat because it's not uncommon for the phone to fall off and land by the seat. Nothing.

Now my heart's beating fast! I did a quick u-turn in the parking lot to see if my phone had fallen out at the parking space I'd just left. NADA. Hyperventilating now! The restaurant was just a few blocks away, but I was pretty certain I'd left there with my phone. I jump out of the van and looked on the floor around my seat. AHA! I spot the phone behind the seat, on the carpet. Disaster averted. It took me a good 15 minutes to calm down. I've lost a phone before--while on vacation years ago, but a good samaritan turned it into to lost and found (San Diego trolley) so I got my phone back the next day. My wife lost two phones which cost:
    A) $200 to buy a replacement Nokia, and B) I forgot how much to replace a Star Tac, but AFTER we bought the replacement another good Samaritan found our phone and called us so that we could come get it.

All's well that ends well, but I gotta tell you I was out of breath from freaking! LOL!
    06-11-10 12:02 PM
    I went out of town with my wife yesterday for some shopping and dinner. I left the restaurant and knew I had my phone clipped in its leather case, to my waistband. went into Lowes. Came out, got in the car and began to drive through the parking lot. For whatever reason, I suddenly realized my phone wasn't there, so I reached down beside the seat because it's not uncommon for the phone to fall off and land by the seat. Nothing.

Now my heart's beating fast! I did a quick u-turn in the parking lot to see if my phone had fallen out at the parking space I'd just left. NADA. Hyperventilating now! The restaurant was just a few blocks away, but I was pretty certain I'd left there with my phone. I jump out of the van and looked on the floor around my seat. AHA! I spot the phone behind the seat, on the carpet. Disaster averted. It took me a good 15 minutes to calm down. I've lost a phone before--while on vacation years ago, but a good samaritan turned it into to lost and found (San Diego trolley) so I got my phone back the next day. My wife lost two phones which cost:
    A) $200 to buy a replacement Nokia, and B) I forgot how much to replace a Star Tac, but AFTER we bought the replacement another good Samaritan found our phone and called us so that we could come get it.

All's well that ends well, but I gotta tell you I was out of breath from freaking! LOL!
    LOL. Don't you wish you really lost your phone? I'll give you an excuse to buy the jesus phone.
    06-11-10 12:29 PM
    LOL. Don't you wish you really lost your phone? I'll give you an excuse to buy the jesus phone.
    LOL! Nope, I'll never need an excuse because that's the last smartphone I'd ever want. IF (a BIG "if") I stop using BB smartphones, I'll be going with Android. But that won't be anytime soon (meaning within the next 12 months).
    06-11-10 12:32 PM
    I know how much you don't like anything to crowd this part of the forum so I'll give you the link for your next off topic rant here. You are welcome

http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/<-----Off topic discussions
    06-11-10 12:37 PM
    I know how much you don't like anything to crowd this part of the forum so I'll give you the link for your next off topic rant here. You are welcome

almost losing my storm is somehow OT? How did you come to that erroneous conclusion? (just curious)
    06-11-10 01:33 PM

wassamatter? were you one of those guys that kept posting Android threads here?
    06-11-10 01:39 PM
    Not me. Those phones don't interest me. I was just messing with you.

Those threads you were getting on people about is what made me make the comment (joke)
    06-11-10 01:41 PM
    Not me. Those phones don't interest me. I was just messing with you.
    no problemo! (oh, and I read so fast, I missed seeing your smiley). I'm a "skimmer".
    06-11-10 01:42 PM

Cool story tool. Guess what? Nobody cares. Its completely off topic and you out all people should be able to find the proper sub forums
    06-11-10 01:47 PM
    Cool story tool. Guess what? Nobody cares. Its completely off topic and you out all people should be able to find the proper sub forums
    u cared enough to "send your very best". thanks.

BTW, I'm not at all worried if my little story doesn't interest you. Heck, the number of threads I even READ on a forum are minuscule.
    06-11-10 01:51 PM
    I love it!!
    06-11-10 02:07 PM
    I liked it, it shows the human condition we all experience. Thankfully, Ive yet to lose a Berry, but I would freak if I did.
    06-11-10 02:12 PM
    @hydroz_23, speak for yourself. What's with the bad attitude? To the op, glad you found yur phone. I would have had a heart attack myself.
    06-11-10 02:55 PM
    @hydroz_23, speak for yourself. What's with the bad attitude? To the op, glad you found yur phone. I would have had a heart attack myself.
    thanks! For a while there, my heart was running about double speed!

Sort of like when one's car gets in an accident hours or a few days after being repaired or waxed, if I'd lost my phone yesterday it would have been somewhat similar--I'd just reinstalled the OS after hours of trouble shooting why Dragon for Email wasn't working properly. I'd gotten my phone back in working order just the day before yesterday.
    06-11-10 02:59 PM

Geez Dave. Another worthless thread? How far will you go to get your post count up to get to the next level? Are you not happy being a friggin "genius"?
    06-11-10 06:34 PM
    Rofl. It took all that just to say: I lost my phone. Then, later, I found it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 06:37 PM
    bahahahaha nice!
    06-11-10 07:17 PM
    Glad you got your phone back. "Geez" this thread is an excuse for everybody to up their post count.
    06-11-10 07:55 PM
    Rofl. It took all that just to say: I lost my phone. Then, later, I found it.

I guess reading books isn't your thing, either, eh?

"boy meets girl, boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back".

yeah, it took all that...

You probably go directly to the last page in a book and read "The End". that's the most exciting part for you.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-11-10 at 08:49 PM.
    06-11-10 08:47 PM
    I'm glad you found your phone, dave. I have had several of those "Oh, ****" moments myself lately.

06-11-10 10:02 PM
    What's with the negativity people! Great thread Dave! I have been there myself especially the phone dropping within the car! Glad you got it back. And I agree its in the story telling too and you told it well I could actually feel your heart beating and your pulse racing!

Looks like a fellow mod put this in CB Rehab which is THE location for a thread like this. But folks really we are not the thread police here! Relax and enjoy the forum and if a thread does not interest you ignore it do NOT make a nasty comment. Don't make me break out my mod stick! Don't make me angry you wouldn't like me when I'm angry! (like the Hulk reference I worked in there? )

06-12-10 12:25 AM
    With SmrtGuard offering its tracking functions for free, I don't understand why someone wouldn't use it.

Several years ago, my friend left her BB and a bottle of amazing Barolo (worth about as much as the phone) in a gypso limo in San Francisco, and both were gone forever. I gave her a SmrtGuard subscription as soon as it came out of beta.

On the new free version, you don't have the data backup (no big deal if you use Google Sync for contacts and calendar), but you still get GPS tracking and the ability to make the thing squawk so you can find it.
    06-12-10 03:54 AM
    Geez Dave. Another worthless thread? How far will you go to get your post count up to get to the next level? Are you not happy being a friggin "genius"?
    Did you take your meannie pills today? WTF be nice for Gods sake, and if you can't be nice, may I tell you were you can go?
    06-12-10 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD