Analysts are looking for 5 billion in sales for the quarter, down from 7 billion plus. Hitting this number or better shouldn't damage the stock price any further, although any further guidance down could hurt badly. Tomorrow's numbers are hugely important in a very jittery market. -If you own RIMM, or if you did, are you holding or selling (or buying) before the news? What are your predictions? I may need to make a decision myself tomorrow.........
    06-15-11 04:15 PM
    I have a small chunk of RIMM stock, around $5,000. I would not make ANY moves regardless of the news right now except hold and perhaps increase position.

I enjoy some of the negative sentiment and slaughtering the stock has had the past few months. I too have lost a bit of money, but i believe patience will yield profits with this stock. Rimm has good financials and a strategy that i was willing to bet will work in a year or two.
    I took positions at 43 and 41 dollars. I bought with the intention to hold a 1.5 to 2.0 years. Until the new products with QNX are fully operational and availible on the market for a quarter or two.

Good luck.
    06-15-11 05:30 PM
    I predict that no matter what is said tomorrow that the trolls will be out in full force on Crackberry with end of RIM posts and the anal cysts, I mean analysts will be bashing RIM as usual.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-15-11 05:46 PM
    If I owned, I would not sell. If I were buying, I would not buy.

QNX gonna save the day? Wasn't WebKit supposed to make the BB browser usable? Frankly, I just don't have faith in their OS/programming strategy right now.

I believe RIM will bounce back... but they are so lost right now.
    06-15-11 07:08 PM
    My wife and I just meet with our stock guy this afternoon. Rim is the only real dent in our portfolio and I am on the fence as to sell BEFORE 4pm tomorrow or stick it out. We bought about 200 shares back in Sept. @ $49. Down around 4K.

I have been reading a lot of Rim articles over the last few weeks and most are doom and gloom. Part of me says run..... Part of me says hold on.

The only thing we may do is if the stock dives any further after the news and I still own it is purchase more and hope it goes up in the near future. At that point we'll be in it for the long run.....

I will be checking this thread again in the morning to get a better feel as well as reading the "chatter"

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-15-11 07:19 PM
    I predict that no matter what is said tomorrow that the trolls will be out in full force on Crackberry with end of RIM posts and the anal cysts, I mean analysts will be bashing RIM as usual.
    ^what he said.

Oh, I bought last Friday!!!

Last edited by Qbnkelt; 06-16-11 at 07:13 AM.
    06-16-11 07:11 AM
    ***MODS: Why was this post moved to Crackberry Rehab? Every other post dealing with current BB/ RIM financials is in the news category, as this is certainly important breaking , relevant news. Instead, this post was buried in a sub forum. Could anyone explain why this was done and every other stock related post is in News where it should be?
    06-16-11 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD