Anyone else slightly excited by Amazon's new Cloud Service?

I will be very excited about it if/when they update the MP3 BB app to include the cloud player. But as a backup solution, I am still mildly excited.

5gb free. 20gb free if you purchase an "album".

Right now, you can purchase the Glee "Trouty Mouth" "album" for $.69. This will qualify you for the 20gb free.

Amazon.com: Trouty Mouth (Glee Cast Version): Glee Cast: MP3 Downloads
    03-30-11 08:44 AM
    I'm still on the fence about the "cloud" but I can see where it would be useful.
    03-30-11 09:21 AM
    From a business/work perspective, I have major issues/concerns with the cloud....mostly regarding privacy and data security.

From a personal use perspective, I can see the benefits of this service specifically with music and from a backup perspective. I can buy a 60gb+ portable hard drive and periodically copy all of my music to it. But that HD could fail over time.

My music copied into the cloud might have a better lifespan.
    03-30-11 10:14 AM
    Well I have about 15Gb on my iPod and at least 3 times that amount on my laptop, plus uncounted CD's that I haven't ripped yet. I burn purchased music to DVD's and use a portable hard drive for back up as well.

I would probably need at least the 50Gb, and I'm not interested in shelling out $50 a year.

I might use the free 5Gb's to store purchased music, since it's probably easier to find than on DVD's.
    03-31-11 06:58 AM
    Oh that is a very good point. I think all of my purchased would fit under that. And if necessary, I am ok with buying one album (like the Glee $.69 one above) in order to do just that. I will still probably get a new external HD for backup purposes, but this is a great way to do it for now.....
    03-31-11 10:27 AM
    Thanks for the info. I have a 1.5TB for music and such, but this would be good for files I'm working on that won't fit on DropBox http://db.tt/sm0LA0J (because it's almost full).
    03-31-11 06:39 PM
    I wish you didn't have to download software to upload music tho :/
    03-31-11 08:56 PM