Hello All,

My new employers very kindly said that I could have whatever mobile phone I wanted and (after much market research) I eventually opted for the BB. I seriously considered the iPhone 4 and Nexus 1, but I felt the BB looked a bit more business-like and I preferred its understated look.

I should point out that until now my mobile phones (all of them Nokias) have tended to be something that I used solely for making phone calls and sending an occasional text message.

So I've had my 9700 for a couple of weeks now and it is performing beautifully.

However, I am a bit worried to find that:-

1. I am collaring various friends in order to show them how the 9700 switches itself on and off when I take it out of its "you have to admit, Colin, it looks pretty businesslike and understated" leather case.

2. I am constantly changing the wallpaper to illustrate to increasingly impatient colleagues how clear and bright and high definition the screen is.

3. I will pull the phone out in pubs in order to illustrate the relative merits of various apps (that I have NEVER, EVER used before:-) within the context of the BB OS 5.0.whatever it is operating system.

4. I am logging onto the internet at all sorts of inappropriate moments (in the middle of making my wife a cup of tea; during a telephone call from my wife's sister) ON THE BB in order to check out what's happening in here.

5. I regale iPhone owning friends with my now strongly held views on how much I appreciate the elegant simplicity of a physical Qwerty keyboard as against an inevitably less precise and slower virtual touch-pad.

6. My dear, loving wife has begun sighing ostentatiously whenever I pull the BB out of its case in order to polish fingerprints off the silver metal surround. She has also begun making occasional dark mutterings about becoming "a BlackBerry widow".

Help! Is there hope for me, or am I doomed! Am I the only one behaving like this:-)

In an attempt to restore order in our household I have promised my wife that she can have a WhiteBerry 9700 in the very near future - as I explained, it means that we'll be able to communicate via BlackBerry Messenger "which is much faster than texting"...

All the best

David
    07-20-10 09:04 AM
    What's the problem? Sounds perfectly normal to me!
    07-20-10 09:16 AM
    Nope no hope for you dude. Youve got the addiction. Might as well embrace it and make it your own. Welcome the the family.
    07-20-10 09:19 AM
    Amen, Welcome to the Family.
    07-20-10 09:30 AM
    Welcome to beginning of your wonderful new relationship!
    07-20-10 09:30 AM
    Looks like we have another Crackhead. Welcome to the addiction!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 09:53 AM
    It's a phone, if you've ever used one before then the novelty will wear off real quick.
    07-20-10 09:57 AM
    Hello All,

My new employers very kindly said that I could have whatever mobile phone I wanted and (after much market research) I eventually opted for the BB. I seriously considered the iPhone 4 and Nexus 1, but I felt the BB looked a bit more business-like and I preferred its understated look.

I should point out that until now my mobile phones (all of them Nokias) have tended to be something that I used solely for making phone calls and sending an occasional text message.

So I've had my 9700 for a couple of weeks now and it is performing beautifully.

However, I am a bit worried to find that:-

1. I am collaring various friends in order to show them how the 9700 switches itself on and off when I take it out of its "you have to admit, Colin, it looks pretty businesslike and understated" leather case.

2. I am constantly changing the wallpaper to illustrate to increasingly impatient colleagues how clear and bright and high definition the screen is.

3. I will pull the phone out in pubs in order to illustrate the relative merits of various apps (that I have NEVER, EVER used before:-) within the context of the BB OS 5.0.whatever it is operating system.

4. I am logging onto the internet at all sorts of inappropriate moments (in the middle of making my wife a cup of tea; during a telephone call from my wife's sister) ON THE BB in order to check out what's happening in here.

5. I regale iPhone owning friends with my now strongly held views on how much I appreciate the elegant simplicity of a physical Qwerty keyboard as against an inevitably less precise and slower virtual touch-pad.

6. My dear, loving wife has begun sighing ostentatiously whenever I pull the BB out of its case in order to polish fingerprints off the silver metal surround. She has also begun making occasional dark mutterings about becoming "a BlackBerry widow".

Help! Is there hope for me, or am I doomed! Am I the only one behaving like this:-)

In an attempt to restore order in our household I have promised my wife that she can have a WhiteBerry 9700 in the very near future - as I explained, it means that we'll be able to communicate via BlackBerry Messenger "which is much faster than texting"...

All the best

David
    Classic! Welcome to the addiction...
    My gal used to say the same stuff... then I got her a BB and she doesn't say anything about mine
    07-20-10 10:15 AM
    They don't call it a CrackBerry for nothing!
    07-20-10 10:17 AM
    I love this post!! So true!
    07-20-10 11:00 AM
    CrackBerry!...the keyword here being "crack"...lol its a lifestyle....live it, love it
    07-20-10 11:09 AM
    All classic signs and you have nothing to worry about welcome to the club
    07-20-10 11:25 AM
    One thing that I found that helped me is...........................................I talk everybody around me into getting a blackberry! Including my wife! In 2008, when my addiction began, i bought the Storm and talked another colleague into doing so. That made four total smartphones within the whole departmnt.
    By Jan 2010 dumb phones were only used by the "others". About two thirds of my department have gone to some type of smartphone. Two iPhones (good for playing games and reminds me of the Sony PSP), 23 Blackberry's, 5 Androids, and one winmo whatever brand.
    I think I deserve a commission!
    07-20-10 12:03 PM
    Now you know the meaning of "Crackberry" and while she doesn't yet she will after she gets one.. I did this to my husband to shut him up and now there are two Crackberry addicts in our house

07-20-10 12:37 PM
    07-20-10 12:52 PM
    A "Bore?" No

Way over-enthused? Getting there.

It's a phone. At the end of the day, no one really cares.
    07-20-10 01:35 PM
    It's a phone, if you've ever used one before then the novelty will wear off real quick.
    Lol its more than a phone.. Its a smart phone

07-20-10 01:53 PM
    Hey! that's me your talking about..

Robin
    07-20-10 03:30 PM
    Your screwed just like me!! i dont mind
    07-20-10 03:41 PM
    Hahaha that was a good write up.
    07-21-10 04:03 AM
    so true she deserves to be infected by crackberry virus. im addicted my girl is addicted and as soon as my daughter is old enough she too will be quaratined in this community.
    07-24-10 11:54 AM
    Once you get a blackberry in your hands your infected. Spread the virus lol
    Welcome to our world. Now imagine your life without one ..scary isn't it lol

07-26-10 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD