Hi there,

I've recently wanted to purchase a Bose 2.1 system for my notebook computer but a lot of my friends have told me that there are better alternatives but they haven't given any specific names, just said "Bose is just expensive for what it is". Is Bose really just a brand hype? I've also heard that they set up the music and sound rooms specifically to make their sound systems sound superior as compared to if you had it in your own home.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 09:08 PM
    I would go with harmon kardon, creative or anything but sony. Besides, I don't want something that costs 2x what everything else is.

09-26-11 12:07 AM
    Bose makes good junk. I have a pair of bookshelf Bose speakers that traveled about a million miles in an 18 wheeler and now sit in my living room. They sound as good as the day they were new and better than many speaker systems 10 times the size. You can find cheaper alternatives that may sound almost as good so who knows... it's up to your ears and budget.
    09-27-11 07:24 AM
    I've never heard of any other brand being better than Bose.
    Cheaper, yes. Better, no.
    09-27-11 12:33 PM
    i like this set by Boobeez.
    09-27-11 12:39 PM
    i like this set by Boobeez.
    Click to view quoted image
    And the best thing about those speakers is they come in different size that might please the user.
    09-27-11 03:47 PM
    And the best thing about those speakers is they come in different size that might please the user.

I've always said its very important to be able to feel the sound.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    09-27-11 03:52 PM
    Hi there,

I've recently wanted to purchase a Bose 2.1 system for my notebook computer but a lot of my friends have told me that there are better alternatives but they haven't given any specific names, just said "Bose is just expensive for what it is". Is Bose really just a brand hype? I've also heard that they set up the music and sound rooms specifically to make their sound systems sound superior as compared to if you had it in your own home.

Thanks!

Is this for your docking station or will it travel with you? Are you limited to 2.1 by your sound card? What is your target budget?

My personal pick would for a 2.1 system would be;
    Cerwin-Vega "CVHD 2.1"
    CVHD 2.1 CERWIN VEGA HOME THEATER SPEAKER SYSTEM

Further define your needs for better suggestions, hth
    09-28-11 09:15 AM
    Is this for your docking station or will it travel with you? Are you limited to 2.1 by your sound card? What is your target budget?

My personal pick would for a 2.1 system would be;
    Cerwin-Vega "CVHD 2.1"
    CVHD 2.1 CERWIN VEGA HOME THEATER SPEAKER SYSTEM

Further define your needs for better suggestions, hth
    Hi there.

It is for home use only for my notebook PC. I have a pair of Bose OE headphones for travel. Those speakers in the link look awesome, my budget is 80-100 at maximum.

Thanks
    09-28-11 05:57 PM
    I've always said its very important to be able to feel the sound.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    True, I like to feel the sound too as well as hear it. I'm not looking for just bass and treble, but I'm also looking for midrange.

Thanks.
    09-28-11 05:59 PM
    I always thought Bose was too expensive but I usually get the cheaper alternatives
    10-01-11 05:10 PM
    Bose is the best, and worth every penny!
    10-01-11 05:32 PM
    What's your budget? Bose aren't good for price vs value. Check out [HTML]http://www.head-fi.org/[/HTML] awesome music forum and they are very helpful.
    10-01-11 06:38 PM
    There are NO alternatives to BOSE, its the best, but pricey. I've done extensive research over the years and BOSE sounds better hands down. Sure you can buy cheaper and replace after a year or two but the BOSE system(s) will sound as good as the first day of purchase. I've been using BOSE products for years and they have been ahead of the music industry for a long time. There are also more expensive products than BOSE but don't sound as good. Good luck in your decision
    10-02-11 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD