No, not talking about the video game or that terrible movie adaptation Uwe Boll made. Tonight I was actually trying to get to bed by 3am. As I was laying there, I thought I heard the screen door on my patio slam shut. After I heard it, I couldn't go back to sleep. I turned on all the lights at my house, checked all the rooms, and overall just kinda freaked myself out. The screen door on my patio checked out fine as well. It was obviously nothing at all, but I let that sound get in my head and convinced myself I heard something. Anyone ever do that? Ever let your mind wander late at night when its all dark? Keep in mind I live by myself in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home. There are a lot of dark spaces in my house. Maybe I just need to lay off the horror movies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 06:08 AM
    I to get creepy out by random noise, i alway have to have some time of background noise (tv,radio etc) to keep my from hearing the little white noise.

04-16-08 06:33 AM
    I always get scared in the dark - yes, I'm admitting it. It's only me & Bentley (my dog) in my apartment & at times, I get so scared!

I'll be in my room & I swear I'll hear the door to the guest bathroom or I'll hear steps in the kitchen. Of course, the lights are all turned out in the apartment, except for a night light near Bentley's bowl. I'll slowly creep out with a flash light to the light switches, flip ALL of them all & check out the house.

When I first lived on my own, I was notorious for leaving ALL the light's on!
    04-16-08 06:45 AM
    Oh I knew you were a whimp shey shey! I be running upstairs hella fast at night like if I go to the kitchen or something. I always feel like someones behind me trying to get me!

04-16-08 06:49 AM
    The last time I heard something in my house, it was my homie napping on my couch. I almost grabbed my gun!
    Now my dad was in the military for about 20yrs (3 or 4 tours in Nam) and a police officer for 15 years. And when I was in high school or Jr high sometimes, late at night, he would come downstairs with his 9mm talking about people walking around outside (secluded house) which was really funny when I would have people over bc they would be like "dude, what's wrong with your dad!"
    He would go outside for 5 or 10 mins then come back in and go to bed.

Last edited by kickinitlive247; 04-17-08 at 06:35 AM. Reason: clarification
    04-16-08 06:59 AM
    I used to work in a funeral home and working in the mortuary by myself never bothered me, but to get me to go on a "Ghost Train" ride, no way.
    04-16-08 12:21 PM
    Man I'm not scared ever at night out here. But when I go to india every year we have a 5 story house out there and usually its just me and my mom there. It gets creepy then its hella scary living in a 5 story house which is hundred and fifty years old. (Fully remodled tho) but there is a white owl that sits right across my window there every night which hella scary and out there white owls are know for black magic and voodoo type **** so it freaks me out hella

04-16-08 12:22 PM
    I've been in several dark situations, but mostly at work.

One time I came home during my shift a while back and at the time I had an entire house to myself. I never thought I would run into this at home, so I back my patrol car into my driveway right in front for the entire world to see, and start to walk up to the house. I heard something on the side of the house were the basement door is so I walk over and see the door ajar. A recent flood left a few inches of water in the basement and contractors had been working so I wasn't sure if it was worth calling for help, but I did hit up a nearby officer I knew and he scooted over there. I never found out what happened, or if someone was inside, but that's the only way I could describe the noise.
    04-16-08 01:02 PM
    sorry, it was me.

i just wanted to know if you wanted to play halo3.
    04-16-08 01:12 PM
    sorry, it was me.

i just wanted to know if you wanted to play halo3.
    lol. Just knock on my window next time, ok?
    04-16-08 02:43 PM
    I used to work in a funeral home and working in the mortuary by myself never bothered me, but to get me to go on a "Ghost Train" ride, no way.
    How long did you do that for? I always thought that would be an interesting job. My ex girlfriend worked for a funeral home for a couple years. She is really petite, 5'0" tall and 95 pounds, and it was kinda funny seeing her drive the Hearse once in awhile.
    04-16-08 02:46 PM
    When I get the jitters, I look around for a weapon. Once I rest my eyes on something that I can do damage with, I am straight.

What am I talking about? I AM A WEAPON.
    04-16-08 02:46 PM
    Yea I don't need a weapon I have 2 nice weapons on me at all times

04-16-08 02:57 PM
    fine, fine.
    04-16-08 03:11 PM
    HAHA thats hella funny just reminded me of one of those horror flicks that they make fun of like a scary movie LOL
    04-16-08 03:58 PM
    Only God can see you when you are alone.
    04-17-08 03:27 AM
    and i did that tonight... i brought the wii over too.

forget you! lol
    04-17-08 03:46 AM
    and i did that tonight... i brought the wii over too.

forget you! lol
    HAHA thats hella funny just reminded me of one of those horror flicks that they make fun of like a scary movie LOL
    Scene: Mike (aka tiglathpileser) is alone, watching movies in his room. He hears steps outside and, with some hesitation, decides to peak outside. His face is inches from the glass when...

*loud knocking*

Mike jumps back, completely scared.

Cate: Relax Mike, it's just me!

Mike: It's 3am Cate, what are you doing here? Come one, why don't you get out of the cold. Was it raining outside? You're soaking wet!

Mike slides the window open for Cate, let's her in.

Mike: Insomniac, are you? What the heck is going on Cate?

Cate: Just thought you'd like to play some Wii. I just bought Smash Bros. today. Wanna play a game or two?

Mike is annoyed, was perfectly fine just watching movies by himself, but he gives in to Cate's idea anyway. Thirty minutes go by, and the Smash Bros. battles get more and more intense when....

*sound of a door opening and shutting very slowly can be heard coming from the other side of the house*

Cate moves close to Mike, scared.

Cate: Mike, did you hear that?

Mike: Hear what?

Cate: (whispering) I think someone's inside the house. I I I I, hhhhheard, ssssomething....

Mike: It's nothing Cate. This house was built in the 70's. Probably just the earth settling beneath the foundation.

Cate: No Mike! I heard....

*glass shatters in the kitchen. Mike hears it this time too. Then he hears whispering. There is more than one person in the house.*

Mike: (whispering) Ok Cate, I think it's best if we split up. You stay here, I'm heading to the patio. Here...

*reaches for his BlackBerry*

Mike: You call 911 while I exit through the patio. I'm gonna loop around through the side door and surprise these guys. My machete is in the shed, I'll grab it along the way.

Cate: Mike, I'm scared. Promise me it'll be alright.

Mike: (with a look of uncertainty) It'll be alright Cate. I promise.

Mike slowly opens the bedroom door. He takes a gander into the kitchen and sees not two, but three ominous black figures huddle in a circle. Just as he quietly crosses the hallway, Mike sneaks one more peak at the intruders. That's odd, he thinks to himself. Maybe it was the way the light shone on their faces, or maybe he was hallucinating in his panic, but there seemed something a bit off about the three gathered in Mike's kitchen. Was it his mind playing tricks, or did they not have eyes? And why were their ears so long and pointed? Are they...even human?
    04-17-08 05:44 AM
    If you think you heard someone at your back door you probally did! I have actually gone to my door late at night because I heard something and actually had someone looking back at me. Talk about freaky. Grab the 12 Ga and call the police. Thats what I did.
    04-17-08 05:57 AM
    How long did you do that for? I always thought that would be an interesting job. My ex girlfriend worked for a funeral home for a couple years. She is really petite, 5'0" tall and 95 pounds, and it was kinda funny seeing her drive the Hearse once in awhile.
    Did it for 3 years, enjoyed it. But got another job with better pay.
    04-17-08 06:04 AM

Mike slowly opens the bedroom door. He takes a gander into the kitchen and sees not two, but three ominous black figures huddle in a circle. Just as he quietly crosses the hallway, Mike sneaks one more peak at the intruders. That's odd, he thinks to himself. Maybe it was the way the light shone on their faces, or maybe he was hallucinating in his panic, but there seemed something a bit off about the three gathered in Mike's kitchen. Was it his mind playing tricks, or did they not have eyes? And why were their ears so long and pointed? Are they...even human?

Dude, you need to bring the splatter to this story.
    04-17-08 01:03 PM
    omg, what happens next, what happens next!?

and hey, you were annoyed that i wanted to play the wii @ 3am? lame.

also, don't you DARE leave me alone.

Scene: Mike (aka tiglathpileser) is alone, watching movies in his room. He hears steps outside and, with some hesitation, decides to peak outside. His face is inches from the glass when...

*loud knocking*

Mike jumps back, completely scared.

Cate: Relax Mike, it's just me!

Mike: It's 3am Cate, what are you doing here? Come one, why don't you get out of the cold. Was it raining outside? You're soaking wet!

Mike slides the window open for Cate, let's her in.

Mike: Insomniac, are you? What the heck is going on Cate?

Cate: Just thought you'd like to play some Wii. I just bought Smash Bros. today. Wanna play a game or two?

Mike is annoyed, was perfectly fine just watching movies by himself, but he gives in to Cate's idea anyway. Thirty minutes go by, and the Smash Bros. battles get more and more intense when....

*sound of a door opening and shutting very slowly can be heard coming from the other side of the house*

Cate moves close to Mike, scared.

Cate: Mike, did you hear that?

Mike: Hear what?

Cate: (whispering) I think someone's inside the house. I I I I, hhhhheard, ssssomething....

Mike: It's nothing Cate. This house was built in the 70's. Probably just the earth settling beneath the foundation.

Cate: No Mike! I heard....

*glass shatters in the kitchen. Mike hears it this time too. Then he hears whispering. There is more than one person in the house.*

Mike: (whispering) Ok Cate, I think it's best if we split up. You stay here, I'm heading to the patio. Here...

*reaches for his BlackBerry*

Mike: You call 911 while I exit through the patio. I'm gonna loop around through the side door and surprise these guys. My machete is in the shed, I'll grab it along the way.

Cate: Mike, I'm scared. Promise me it'll be alright.

04-17-08 01:25 PM
    I used to work at a cemetery....That took a while to get used to.
    04-17-08 02:18 PM
    oh **** no i would never work in a cemetery that **** is hella scary son
    04-17-08 02:20 PM
    My grandfather used to work in a mortuary. He would do the corpse prep or whatever you call it.

Ohhhhh, the stories he could tell about bodies twitching on tables.

The man was a genius at bringing the fear.
    04-17-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD