I need help with my laptop maybe some of you IT guys can help me out. My laptop won't load windows. I have WIN XP and after it asks my user name and password it locks up saying "Loading your personal settings" it's been like this for 45 min now. Earlier i rebooted and logged into windows using safe mode and did a system restore back to last thursday and still i am getting this screen. any help???
    Thanks in advance
    07-07-08 01:11 PM
    could be a couple of things. First it sounds like a service is trying to start, that is why it just sits there and won't load the desktop.

2nd it could be spyware/malware.

IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

this link is a forum on how to remove spyware/malware. You can also search the forum for some programs that will help.

Crap Cleaner
    Spybot search and destroy
    Spyware blaster
    just to name a few.

Now back to the services. Try booting it again in safe mode then go to services. Start-control panel - administrative tools - services. You can sort startup options. Find the ones that say automatic and see if they are started. If it is not started you may have to put it on manual and try again. Be careful not to turn off the ones your pc needs to run.

Personally i would try to use the programs i listed above and see if that helps first. You can run these and install them in safe mode.

good luck and i hope this helps.
    07-07-08 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD