I was at work today and 3 of my colleagues were chatting. The topic was the best tablet out there as one of them was looking to buy one. It was narrowed down to the Nexus 7 and Ipad air. Now I took the side of the Nexus, advising for the price, it does the same thing.

So, the Ipad guy (who is adamant that he has the best tablet) was advising that the Ipad is well worth the money, blah blah blah, nothing better than ios7 etc. She already has an iPhone, so I said how she's basically getting a bigger iPhone. He told me how the Ipad air has the a7 chip, the fastest processor on a tablet and he bet me that I couldn't find anything faster than that.

My question is, what is the fastest tablet out there at this time?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:05 PM
    a7 might be the fastest depending on the benchmark ran. Anything with snapdragon 800 would be my next choice. they do have some windows tabs with atom 2.2 i think but not sure where they place in the ran
    cheadlender likes this.
    12-06-13 08:26 PM
    The Surface Pro 2 is substantially faster than the iPad, though it's certainly not cheap - it starts at $900 and goes way up from there. However, the CPU is basically desktop-spec, and it has a lot more RAM than the iPad. Some people might try and argue it's a laptop, but I'm fairly certain it's a tablet by definition.
    cheadlender likes this.
    12-06-13 10:26 PM
    That asus transformer treo is going to be nice!

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    cheadlender likes this.
    12-06-13 10:30 PM
    That asus transformer treo is going to be nice!

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Not sure that counts if you need to attach the keyboard to get the most speed out of it - it's a laptop at that point. Or maybe I'm just pedantic...

It is a very cool product though, that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    cheadlender likes this.
    12-06-13 10:43 PM
    I was at work today and 3 of my colleagues were chatting. The topic was the best tablet out there as one of them was looking to buy one. It was narrowed down to the Nexus 7 and Ipad air. Now I took the side of the Nexus, advising for the price, it does the same thing.

So, the Ipad guy (who is adamant that he has the best tablet) was advising that the Ipad is well worth the money, blah blah blah, nothing better than ios7 etc. She already has an iPhone, so I said how she's basically getting a bigger iPhone. He told me how the Ipad air has the a7 chip, the fastest processor on a tablet and he bet me that I couldn't find anything faster than that.

My question is, what is the fastest tablet out there at this time?

Posted via CB10
    To answer your question....it would be the iPad Air. By definition, the Surface Pro & Surface Pro 2 does not classify as a tablet, so it would not be a valid answer to your question. On the other hand, the iPad Air has a fast A7 processor witch is 64 bit. Benchmark test show it as the fastest tablet on the market along side the iPad Mini with Retina Display. Customer reviews show it as a amazing tablet with great features and quality. When counting in the Eco system that Apple has built in, the iPad Air is well worth the price, espacally adding in the fact that she already has an iPhone. The iPad and iPhone work great together. I have both an iPhone 5S and iPad Air, and love them both.
    12-07-13 07:56 PM
    To answer your question....it would be the iPad Air. By definition, the surface pro does not classify as a tablet, so it would not be a valid answer to your question. On the other hand, the iPad air has a fast A7 processor witch is 64 bit making it the fastest tablet on the market. When counting in the Eco system that Applw has built in, the iPad Air is worth the price, espacally adding in the fact that she has an iPhone. The iPad and iPhone work great together. I have both an iPhone 5S and iPad, and love them both.
    I don't see why the Surface Pro doesn't qualify by definition - the form factor is there, it doesn't even come with the keyboard standard. It just has an unusual amount of oomph under the hood and does weigh a fair bit as a result, not to mention that it has a full-blown desktop OS.
    AnimalPak200 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-07-13 08:01 PM
    I don't see why the Surface Pro doesn't qualify by definition - the form factor is there, it doesn't even come with the keyboard standard. It just has an unusual amount of oomph under the hood and does weigh a fair bit as a result, not to mention that it has a full-blown desktop OS.
    The Surface Pro does come with a keyboard and track pad standard. Mine did. The Surface pro is two thick and heavy to classify as a consumer consumption device, basically what a tablet is. The spec, weight, and demotions of the device would put it into the ultra book class. To properly operate the device, a keyboard and trackpad would be ideal. The Surface Pro by definition closely resembles that of a laptop instead of the tablet.
    12-07-13 08:10 PM
    surface does not come with keyboard. It can be thrown in as a bonus but its not standard. its a tablet just as any other
    12-07-13 08:27 PM
    as can be seen here
    All tablets in the market at the moment.-surface.png
    LazyEvul likes this.
    12-07-13 08:30 PM
    The Surface Pro does come with a keyboard and track pad standard. Mine did. The Surface pro is two thick and heavy to classify as a consumer consumption device, basically what a tablet is. The spec, weight, and demotions of the device would put it into the ultra book class. To properly operate the device, a keyboard and trackpad would be ideal. The Surface Pro by definition closely resembles that of a laptop instead of the tablet.
    As howarmat just pointed out, the keyboard does not normally come standard. Even on the Microsoft website, this is what they say comes in the box:

Surface Pro 2 with Windows 8.1 Pro
    48W power supply
    Quickstart guide
    Safety and warranty documents
    Pen
    No mention of the keyboard, and you'll find many reviews complain about the lack of a standard keyboard - it's a $120 (roughly) extra accessory.

As far as thickness and weight go, that doesn't mean it's not a tablet, it just makes it a hefty tablet. By definition, a tablet is just a general-purpose computer in a slate form factor, with a touchscreen to use as an input device. The Surface Pro ticks all the boxes. Even if the keyboard is a great accessory to have (which I agree with, I would never buy one without it), it isn't part of the actual device, nor does it even come standard with it, and as such the Surface Pro is, strictly-speaking, a tablet - just a very powerful one.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-07-13 08:34 PM
    The Surface is absolutely a tablet. The Pro is as well. You don't have to use it with a keyboard attached. Although the power of it is that you can use a hardware keyboard and mouse or pen to get tons of work done and use it as a true tablet. The Dell Venue Pro 8 and 11 are other examples. Windows is getting better as a tablet OS. I quit carrying my iPad or my Nexus after I converted to a hybrid Windows 8.1 device. Plus you have flash, hdmi out, and a whole lot more that the PB fans keep quoting (no matter how out of date).

This whole "which tablet is better" business is about what you need it for. I will say if you need to do work, Windows wins hands down. If you want it as a device to consume information, play games and/or apps, go iPad Air. Nexus devices are great bang for the buck, but I think Android is a better phone OS for now.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-07-13 08:41 PM
    If you always hoped you could do everything on a 'tablet', there is no argument... the Surface Pro it is.

Now, if you just want a browsing screen with some past-time games/media and marginal productivity functionality afforded by 'app' workarounds... then sure, feel free to consider all the ~$300 tablets.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 08:45 PM
    As howarmat just pointed out, the keyboard does not normally come standard. Even on the Microsoft website, this is what they say comes in the box:

No mention of the keyboard, and you'll find many reviews complain about the lack of a standard keyboard - it's a $120 (roughly) extra accessory.

As far as thickness and weight go, that doesn't mean it's not a tablet, it just makes it a hefty tablet. By definition, a tablet is just a general-purpose computer in a slate form factor, with a touchscreen to use as an input device. The Surface Pro ticks all the boxes. Even if the keyboard is a great accessory to have (which I agree with, I would never buy one without it), it isn't part of the actual device, nor does it even come standard with it, and as such the Surface Pro is, strictly-speaking, a tablet - just a very powerful one.
    The surface pro is more of a hybrid.
    12-07-13 08:58 PM
    The surface pro is more of a hybrid.
    That's what it's trying to be, yes, and I think it does a very good job of it. But by strict definition it is still a tablet, since the keyboard is not part of the device. To draw a similar parallel, the Lenovo Yoga series is a hybrid as well, but by strict definition it's a laptop - it can serve as a tablet, but the keyboard is always attached.
    12-07-13 09:14 PM
    Thanks for all of your answers, I feel that I have the information needed now! Surface Pro it is!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 12:13 AM
    Thanks for all of your answers, I feel that I have the information needed now! Surface Pro it is!

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you get the Surface Pro 2! You want the 4th Gen core processor. It makes a huge difference in battery life.
    cheadlender and kbz1960 like this.
    12-08-13 07:03 PM
    I've had a good look at tablets for a while and always hated the tablet os, always liked windows. Might treat myself in the new year

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 03:27 PM
    I guess it depends what you want the tablet for. If you actually want productivity and to accomplish something the Microsoft is probably the way to go. I have an ipad and I can speak from experience, it's not a productive device at all. Browsing and apps sure but beyond that, not much there to justify the price. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    cheadlender likes this.
    12-09-13 03:39 PM
    So if the iPad had a keyboard dock would it not be a tablet?
    cheadlender likes this.
    12-09-13 03:50 PM
    Nokia lumina 2520
    12-10-13 04:05 PM