I figured after perusing the Mobile Magic thread and talking about my upcoming trip (and others doing the same), that it was time we had an everything Disney thread.

Let's use this to talk about anything Disney, upcoming trips, lodging, resorts, favorite ride, pictures, etc.....Sure, there are Disney forums out there (like disboards, allears, etc). But many of those get blocked at work (at least here) but CB doesn't. Plus, it will just be fun to talk about Disney with fellow CB addicts.....

So we're going over Christmas. My inlaws are taking my wife and daughter (12) and I, as well as my brother-in-law, his wife and 2 boys (8, 5). We leave 7am on Christmas eve, come home on Monday the 28th (late) and are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in savanah view rooms.

I/we have been several times before. So as to not be possibly depressed by the crowds this time of year, we are going in knowing that it can be just as much fun to walk around and see the sights, and heck, it's not costing us anything (as this is one big giant family holiday/birthday/anniversary present).

The newest stuff that wasn't there last time we went includes Expedition Everest and the American Idol experience. If we did nothing but those two, I would be happy.

My M-I-L has booked us for X-mas eve dinner at Boma (can't wait, havenever eaten there) and in a nod to the boys, has booked us at Rainforest for Christmas dinner.

All in all, I can't wait, it will be here soon.

And here's hoping the mobile magic app does get released soon for Blackberry devices........
    11-17-09 08:18 AM
    I loveeee anything and everything Disney! (Except for straight to DVD sequels of the classics...)

So many rides that I love that I can't decide on a favorite!

But my favorite park has got to be Magic Kingdom...

Everytime I go there, I feel like I'm 4 again-
    11-17-09 12:24 PM
    Check out the Castle with it's 200,000 Holiday lights. Awesome!!!!

11-17-09 03:22 PM
    LMAO, sorry folks, no stayovers at my house. Well... I might make a few exceptions. I'm sitting in the parking lot of Downtown Disney right now, watching the sun set.

WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 04:49 PM
    I live 20 minutes from Disneyland (the real one in CA). Went there a month back. Definitely makes you feel like a kid again.
    11-17-09 04:51 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 04:53 PM
    I went in Jan-Feb 2008 with my wife and another couple. We stayed at Coronado Springs. It was nice (nothing great but the convenience made it excellent). Stayed for a week that trip and did all the parks (other than the water parks of course). Other than getting a bad sinus infection late in the week it was awesome. The weather and the crowds (or relative lack of crowds) were perfect.

I wasn't planning on going back again for another 5-10 years but this summer my parents and some of my other family (including my 7yr old niece) were going so I joined them for another 6 days in Orlando. This time we stayed in some fancy timeshare place my parents had. Seeing it all as an adult was fun. Seeing it all through the eyes of a 7yr old again was even better. The weather in the summer time was way too hot, and the crowds were at least double which sucked, but I still had a great time being there with family for the first time in like 20 years.
    11-17-09 04:53 PM
    Wolfie! Let me stay!!
    11-17-09 05:06 PM
    Wolfie! Let me stay!!
    You my friend can stay, but no complaints about the hair in the shower out of you.

11-17-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD