What kind of open carry holster is your favorite? The blackhawk holsters have really grown on me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I wear an OWB holster called the CSO made by Monica Kuehn. I think she has a website. Very nice holsters but I don't have a thumb break or other retention on mine. Not sure what options she offers in that regard. While I wear OWB holster, i usually cover up and just keep a shirt untucked so as to not freak out the imbiciles who think gun = bad guy.

I like that MI is an open carry state (need a CCW permit in a vehicle anytime though) because it doesn't matter if my gun shows and I have to make no effort to cover it if I don't care to.
    04-03-11 08:20 PM
    Anyone down for a CC BBM group>
    04-03-11 08:24 PM
    Don't think so, homey don't play dat!
    04-03-11 08:42 PM
    If I was into the bbm groups I would, but just never got into it. I tried it when it first became available but didn't really like it.

04-04-11 06:19 AM
    I dunno why that picture is so grainy...
    I don't like to open carry either, for the same reason.
    I only put 12 in the clip, I've heard filling it entirely can wear the spring out - might not be entirely true, but 12 shots should be plenty.
    One good method I've heard often is to have one extra magazine that's empty. Rotate it into your EDC every few months and let the one you take out of service "rest" its springs.

I keep full clips and one in the pipe but I also walk out in the backyard and exercise my rights fairly regular.
    04-04-11 06:20 AM
    Happy to just BBM anyone interested. Groups tend to mess up things on my BB. PIN is up there ...
    04-04-11 06:23 AM
    Imbiciles who think gun = bad guy.
    Yeah I hate that people always assume a gun = bad guy.

04-04-11 06:27 AM
    One good method I've heard often is to have one extra magazine that's empty. Rotate it into your EDC every few months and let the one you take out of service "rest" its springs.

I keep full clips and one in the pipe but I also walk out in the backyard and exercise my rights fairly regular.
    That's the plan I would follow.

Me...I rotate my EDC ammo every 3 months. I "exercise" my springs at least twice a month at the range. I'd go more if ammo wasn't so high! I always carry full and one in the chamber. During jacket weather ill even carry 2 extra full mags with me since my shoulder holster has the space for them.

04-04-11 06:44 AM
    FWIW, springs don't wear out if they're just sitting there whether relaxed or compressed. I've had magazines sitting around loaded for years cycle reliably when I finally used them. I don't download magazines either. Reputable firearms makers should take care to make sure a fully loaded magazine won't hurt anything. It may be harder to insert but that's about the only issue I would expect.
    04-04-11 11:18 AM
    Does anyone else reload?
    04-04-11 10:40 PM
    Does anyone else reload?
    Only if I miss because they're running too fast.

04-05-11 12:23 AM
    Only if I miss because they're running too fast.

Hahahahhaha I like that answer! I have thought about it but just haven't had the money or time for that hobby.

04-05-11 08:55 AM
    Does anyone else reload?
    I thought about it. Looking at the price of the equipment and time involved, I have a hard time seeing a good return on the investment. I still save my brass, who knows...
    04-05-11 11:30 AM
    I don't reload. I've talked to many people who do reload and the concensus is: you don't save money by reloading, but you get to shoot much more. Especially if you've got a bunch of brass already saved up.

Different calibers will obviously net different savings too. You'll probably save less on 9mm than you might on bigger or harder to find calibers.

I'm definitely looking into some reloading equipment. I would love a single stage press for precision rifle stuff and a progressive for cranking out a bunch of pistol ammo at a time.
    04-05-11 06:27 PM
    No ccw in illinois, maybe soon. Doubtful. I'd even be happy with oppen carry here.

04-05-11 08:56 PM
    I'd sure be happy if IL and WI got CCW. I hate having to disarm while passing through those states headed west, since I've got no alternative beyond going south of IL. That's annoying, and not safe.
    04-05-11 10:42 PM
    -I've heard reloading can get expensive because its addictive. Your always wanting to upgrade your equipment to the more expensive stuff. I would love to get into it one day to experiment with customizing the rounds.

-They should have a ccw permit that works in all states. I know my Alabama permit is recognized in some other states but I agree with the-sandman. Its annoying and not safe to have to disarm when traveling through another state.

**New question:
    What type of ammo do you all like to use??

As far as range ammo I use the white box or what ever cheap stuff I can get my hands on. Its amazing the stuff my XD will eat! LOL

My choice for my EDC defensive round would have to be the Remington Golden Sabre 180 Grain (.40)

04-06-11 08:52 AM
    I use Federal when I'm not using reloads. It's cheap.
    I have some expensive hollow points for general carry/home defense tho. Don't remember the brand.
    04-06-11 08:23 PM
    For defensive stuff I like Speer Gold Dot, Winchester PDX1 and Hornady XTP.

For practice I like whatever is most affordable but still more or less has the same bullet weight/velocity as my carry ammo.
    04-06-11 09:26 PM
    My next purchase is a new gun belt. I've been looking at the Wilderness Instructor. I have been using just this el cheapo Blackhawk Belt ($14) from bass pro shops and it, well it sucks lol.

04-07-11 05:48 AM
    What is your normal EDC? I forgot how to post pics in the forum so ill just type it out.

Mine:

-Springfield XD40 subcompact
    -Crossbreed supertuck
    -Kershaw Skyline

I don't carry, but I'm a fellow SA xd40sc owner. How you like the bulk of the carry?
    04-07-11 04:17 PM
    Its really not all that bad. At first it felt "bulky" but I don't even notice it now, especially with the crossbreed. I love this freakin pistol.

04-07-11 04:55 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD