I was given the task of purchasing two airline tickets for some clients and the depart date isn't until the middle of next month so I took that in mind.
    The thing is that the price of a round trip for 1 person was about $300 on Monday, yesterday it didn't change but today it went up like $40 or so.

I was under the impression that ticket prices go up and down, is this still the case? I have never actually played the game of scouting airline tickets but I know how to purchase them.

I am worried the prices might not come down.. I won't buy them today but I will wait until tomorrow or Friday, is this a good idea?

The dates of departure and arrival don't fall in a holiday period and it's within the US.

Posted via my Expired Passport
    03-02-16 05:19 PM
    Usually Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days to search and buy airline tickets.

This is a general observance I've made as prices for the exact same trip goes up on Fridays and into the weekends.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-02-16 05:42 PM
    Well, it could be that that cheaper class of ticket for that flight was exhausted, so you are paying the next class. It is always best to have flexible flying dates, midweek is better than weekends and more advance purchase is usually cheaper. Some airlines like Southwest will give you an adjustment if you find that the fare does go cheaper but you have to keep checking and point it out to them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-02-16 07:47 PM
    It won't go down. A general rule of thumb for me is to book at least 2 months in advance. Baring any overlap of peak seasonal times I usually get a good price.

Anything below a month is just asking to pay more as you get closer to the date.

Try cheapoair if you use the coupon code "travel20" you can get an extra $20 off.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 09:43 PM
    It won't go down. A general rule of thumb for me is to book at least 2 months in advance. Baring any overlap of peak seasonal times I usually get a good price.

Anything below a month is just asking to pay more as you get closer to the date.

Try cheapoair if you use the coupon code "travel20" you can get an extra $20 off.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm feeling right now and it obviously makes sense.
    The trip isn't until mid April but it's still not worth waiting it seems.

Thank you for the coupon code, I will look at the prices today.

Posted via my Expired Passport
    03-03-16 03:07 AM
    Airlines have become masters of capacity management. The last minute ticket sales, the departures with empty seats, all these things are decades in the past. When was the last time you saw a Southwest Airlines ad on TV touting their low prices?

In general, domestic tickets will be the cheapest somewhere between 4-6 weeks prior to travel. After that, as the flight fills up the ticket prices will rise slowly. There are different opinions on what the best shopping day/time are - do a google search. I would start price shopping for international flights even earlier and have a ticket bought no later than 1 month prior to departure.

Finally, if you are doing any online shopping today you must have a VPN. All online retailers have sliced and diced the consumer market to the point that they know you, your spending habits, your ZIP code, your ZIP code's average income...and they absolutely positively tailor the quoted prices on any website to what they think you can afford to pay.

If you're doing any online shopping, I would recommend the following strategy:

1. The first contact to the website should be through a VPN.
    2. All subsequent contacts should only be made after clearing cookies if you are switching to a different VPN server.
    3. Do not log on to the website and reveal your identity until AFTER you have made a purchase decision and added the product/ticket to your basket.
    03-03-16 02:24 PM
    So this is what I did.
    I purchased the tickets two weeks ago, I purchased them at around $330..
    Today I go online just to see the prices out of curiosity, they are at like $310..

I don't think I will play this game again.
    03-17-16 11:04 PM