Hi all,

So I was on the train home yesterday reading my Kindle 2 and someone sat next to me with the new Kindle 3 in Graphite.

I was able to notice that the letters were sharper. However, the color or the frame aids perceived contrast too.

So I am looking at getting a DecalGirl skin to aid in perceived contrast on my Kindle 2. Originally, before I saw the Kindle 3 screen, I was thinking about Dark Burlwood:

But now I worry that this would be a little distracting to my eyes with the pattern.

I also saw Slate Gray and Slate Black:

The Gray is sort of nice but does not appear to be as dark as the Graphite of the Kindle 3. The Black, I think is somewhat darker and I wonder if Black would be distracting since it is so dark.

Then there's Black Woodgrain, which is a little lighter, but the pattern, again, could be distracting.

If I went black and thought a tad of a pattern would be ok, there's also Dharma Black, which would be fun.....but I don't need fun. I am looking for best contrast.

Any thoughts???
    11-20-10 02:34 PM
    Color doesn't matter, it's what's on the inside that counts
    You should go to a best buy and try different ones out. Personally, I'd just get a tablet before I got a kindle - on that note, the ipad is gonna be on sale at best buy on black friday.
    11-21-10 12:25 AM
    It's a kindle, put some flames on that sucker.
    11-21-10 04:35 AM
    Color doesn't matter, it's what's on the inside that counts
    You should go to a best buy and try different ones out. Personally, I'd just get a tablet before I got a kindle - on that note, the ipad is gonna be on sale at best buy on black friday.
    As much as I am looking forward to the PlayBook when it comes out, it will NOT be my reader. I am on a computer all day long. My 44 yo eyes are fatigued enough. A tablet (small computer screen) would fatigue my eyes more. I find reading on an eInk screen is much easier on my eyes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jlb21; 11-21-10 at 07:26 AM.
    11-21-10 04:39 AM
    As much as I am looking forward to the PlayBook when it comes out, it will NOT be my reader. I am on a computer all day long. My 44 yo eyes are fatigued enough. A tablet (small computer screen) would fatigue my eyes more. I find reading on an eInk screen is much easier on my eyes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I haven't really messed with either much. although I suppose a kindle is a heckuva lot cheaper than a tablet. I know my dad loves his kindle. He has the plain whitish-light grey color, and he's never said anything about it being hard to read. He's same age as you, so there ya go
    11-21-10 05:19 PM
    Going with the Black Woodgrain (in a matte finish). The image of this color skin shows the color/detail better in the Kindle 3 mockup. The image from the Kindle 2 mockup is darker than it should be:

And in fact, based on looking at the buttons, this skin is quite close to the graphite coloring of the K3.....
    11-22-10 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD