My fellow Crackberry addicts,

I am growing very tired of listening to endless complaints about this and that; I grow very tired of hearing about how old One-Eyed Jimmy Ball the Snake took you for all you were worth by estimating the completion date of a project. This is just my sentiment, I am fully aware that every individual has the right to say what they want, when they want - and that does include complaining and whining.

Let me propose a more constructive application of your frustration - take a page out of the Queens Graduate's playbook (Football/Playbook Pun intended).

Instead of channeling all your energy into speculation, rumors, complaints, anything which is generally overly negative and lacking constructive feedback, why not choose to look at issues objectively and provide genuine and well thought out feedback to RIM and at a more micro level, other users of this forum.

I can guarantee that Mr. Queens MBA is just as, if not more, frustrated as any of you might be, and instead of getting up to trash RIM, he focused on providing this type of constructive feedback which may help out the situation in the long run. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get hired on the basis of pure initiative and the giant brass balls he showed by getting up and delivering that address (don't tase me ballsilie.)

I encourage each one of you to listen to his speech again - you can hear the frustration in his voice, yet not once did he threaten to return his playbook, or tell Jim/Mike that they were noobs. Please use this as a shining example of how you can contribute positively to this trying time for a company which I know many of you are still loyal consumers of.

I doubt anyone will read this through entirely, but if you find this sentence, you are likely one of the few people who will not go on to write a comment below, and therefore you will not help me prove my point. I'm sure there will be enough of those already.

If you want a specific app, consider developing one yourself or collaborating on one. Take 50% of the time spent complaining about the lack of apps and use that to explore the Webworks SDK - It will be rewarding and fun to learn a new skill, and everyone will be better off from it.

Participate in the Beta programs and be active - the developers are not mind readers, and I assure you that they are more than willing to hear you out.

Lastly, Kevin and the Crackberry team, but more importantly, YOU!, the community, have made Crackberry into the place that it is. Lately, I feel like people have been losing touch with that sense of community and that the forums have become a war between yay and nay-sayers. Don't take this place for granted, because it is rare to find well run and dedicated communities. Don't take anything you have for granted, especially the pieces of hardware that you are fortunate enough to own.

Find solutions to problems instead of creating more problems.

Ask not what your Blackberry can do for you, Ask what you can do for Blackberry.
    Last edited by Jackmoe; 07-13-11 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
    07-13-11 09:02 AM
    I'll bite,
    gotch ya. Welcome to the fight.
    07-13-11 03:16 PM
    Wow this is intense.
    07-13-11 03:20 PM
    I wish I would've just skipped over this.
    07-13-11 03:24 PM
    ... If you want a specific app, consider developing one yourself or collaborating on one. Take 50% of the time spent complaining about the lack of apps and use that to explore the Webworks SDK - It will be rewarding and fun to learn a new skill, and everyone will be better off from it. ...
    That's right, buy a $ multi-hundred value phone SO YOU CAN WRITE YOUR OWN APP???

Like I have any time for that. Cheezus, you're the only person I'd put lower on the list to run RIM than Jim & Mike.

O ... M ... G ...

- R.
    07-13-11 04:03 PM
    That's right, buy a $ multi-hundred value phone SO YOU CAN WRITE YOUR OWN APP???

Like I have any time for that. Cheezus, you're the only person I'd put lower on the list to run RIM than Jim & Mike.

O ... M ... G ...

- R.
    I swore I wouldn't respond to posts such as this, and I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, but I feel it would be helpful to tell you that you do not need to go out and buy the handset in order to be a developer.
    07-13-11 04:13 PM
    I swore I wouldn't respond to posts such as this, and I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, but I feel it would be helpful to tell you that you do not need to go out and buy the handset in order to be a developer.
    I appreciate that, and from your response am guessing you were sincere in your post so I will try to be respectful.

If you look around you, you'll see people have very full lives. Much of the time, they buy stuff because it helps them do more in the available time they have. That may be communicate more/better/faster, manage a shared grocery list or product development team, or provide improved client service while keeping costs (time) down.

To suggest they buy a piece of electronics that costs hundreds of dollars so they can write their own apps just isn't going to happen. That was what people did with the first ALTAIR-level machines in the 1970's, and only hobbyists did that.

The CEO and Coca-Cola can't spend time writing an app they need, nor can Coca-Cola afford to have their sales team writing apps.

And I don't care what development environment you're talking about, no "typical" end user can develop a reasonably sophisticated app. They don't have the training, they don't have the mind set, etc. I've been in the software game since the early 1980's and seen tons of claims that someone has finally delivered an environment empowering end users to build their own apps and not one of them has done so. None.

I appreciate your sincerity and willingness to think out of the box, but this is not realistic.

- R.
    jackmoe likes this.
    07-13-11 04:28 PM

- R.
    Here I must agree

I complain, and offer some solutions, I can do this forum posting whilst working and rarely do I need to use my brain, which is probably apparent in most of my posts, I certainly don't have time to make an App, if I did I would have gotten my playbook for free, but alas I paid full price because I could give up 1 hour to go buy it and set it up, and it was worth the cost vs spending time making an app

There is a wonderful saying in business,
    Time is money,
    If you can make more money doing something else, pay someone to do that which you don't have the time for.
    07-13-11 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD