Though it may not be true, to me it seems that addictions to Blackberries are more common than addictions to other smartphones such as the iPhone or Android. Do you guys agree/disagree?

I know a few people who own Blackberries and it seems that they are attached to their Blackberry by expressing how much they love it, best phone they ever had, can't go 5 minutes without looking at it, etc (typical addiction signs)

At the same time, I also know many people who own iPhones and Android devices and I haven't exactly heard the same expressions. Sure they love their phones but they don't appear to be attached to them. I've actually heard some people say that while there are thousands of apps, they easily get bored with their iPhones and some say they regret getting a Droid.

So I ask, what is it about Blackberries do you guys think that is so addicting about them vs other smartphones? For me I think its just the overall sleekness of the phone while still maintaining a full keyboard, among many other things.

PS. I am not saying being addicted to your phone is a bad thing, I certainly am lol.
    09-15-10 01:42 PM
    Addicted as charged!! I absolutely am a "crackberry-head" I have several other phones as well (Ya...Im a phone *****) and tho i love em all.... I have NEVER been addicted to them the way that I am to my BB!!
    09-15-10 07:49 PM
    i think with the other phones..let's say the iphone 4
    the addiction is with a certain App.. example is the Angry Birds game..
    unlike with a blackberry where the addiction is more of a hardware... like the LED screen
    09-15-10 07:57 PM
    Yea, I'll agree with the angry birds addiction. I think thats the best part about the Iphone.

I don't know about the other droid phones, but the mytouch i have completely blows. Maybe my man hands have too thick fingers to effectively use a touchscreen phone, but the qwerty board on the blackberry is simply, awesome.
    09-26-10 09:27 AM
    I dont know. I've been a blackberry fan for years. Have owned many of them. I think I'm more of an smartphone addict. When I had my bb, it was all about the led and keyboard. With the iPhone it's more about everything. Seeing as it has no led, I find myself checking it more often than I ever did my bb.
    09-26-10 04:22 PM
    I think a great deal of it is how the phone straight out works well at the basics. No signal attenuation, excellent capacity for messaging, great connectivity, reliability, build quality, etc. On top of that add the great keyboard, LED indicator, BBM, and all the other little nuances and you have something that's like a drug.

Like what mark_rivers said we can get addicted to apps on iPhones and Android devices, but do you ever really get addicted to the phone itself? The fact that Blackberrys are so popular even though they don't have certain apps, like Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies etc really says a lot about the Blackberry as a device and not just a medium for apps.
    09-30-10 09:32 PM
    I tend to agree with this....have never owned an iphone, but have played around with them before. There are so many apps, but I feel like I just get bored with it after a while. I have no idea why that is as it is a great phone. However, with my BB I feel like I can never put it down. I feel like I'm always playing around with something on it. Maybe it would be different if I owned an iphone, but I don't see myself switching...
    10-16-10 09:59 AM
    This will be my first crackberry post so I'll start by saying hey. Been a Lurker since I heard about this website and the torch. I was going to get the torch but now I'm picking up my brand new white 9700 tonight. But anyways, from watching my friends I totally agree. There used to be 5 of us that where the last guys to have iPhones it's dropped to 3 and I guy now wants a berry so could be 2 very soon. It's funny bc I don't have my bb yet but I convinced my friend to get one and he ended up with a bb before me. Anyways when were all in a room all the guys got there phones out usually chatting on bbm like usual while me and my other iPhone friends usually have our phones in our pockets. Even if were texting the phone goes away right after where the berry boys will keep them out for, who knows how long. So I totally agree that there's something about the berry that pulls you in. When my friend asked my other friend about what makes bbm so great it's just like texting which is something I say all the time he responded "I dunno man it just is, the speed, and how it's instead plus the big group chats are crazy"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD