I have a curve 8300

I blew WEEKS of my time researching the iPhone on-line
    Then WEEKS of my time researching the BB Bold on-line
    Bought the Bold, hated it, and blew a WEEK wasted time on it (too big, too heavy, buggy rush released OS, didn't play ball with my home WiFi) Sent it back

Latest status: Back on curve

Still addicted to on-line new gadget watching...

Waiting for iPhone to get cut & paste
    Waiting for Javelin
    Storm not on my network but will check it out (no WiFi? No ITunes bought music allowed on it? TOTALLY nutz)
    Waiting for 5MP camera to come to BB or iPhone (very annoyed that other phones can have high quality cameras but not BB or iPhone)
    Looking around at other phones too..

HUGE time drain for me..

I've got it bad..
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 10-18-08 at 05:20 PM.
    10-18-08 05:15 PM
    Sounds like no phone can measure up to your standards. Have you considered buying an unlocked European Nokia? That would be expensive, but it may just suit your needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 11:51 AM
    I am based in Europe..

Nokia 96 and Storm ads are running on TV here now..

Credit Crunch tactics = stay as you are, don't spend money

So its a waiting game..

watching, waiting..

10-20-08 04:58 PM
    why do you hate the Bold? I thought everyone was tripping over the awesomeness of it before it came out, but now I hear more and more people don't like it. I don't really like the design of it from what I've seen, but I've never held one and played around with it.
    10-21-08 12:37 AM
    3 reasons.

1) I have carpel tunnel (or the start of it, my fingers ache during the day and tingle in the mornings) using my Curve is a nice break for my fingers from using my laptop. When the Bold arrived, it was wider and heavier, in order to hold it I had to extend my little finger (pinkie USA) across the back of it. This made my fingers ache - so instead of being a break for my fingers using the Bold became 'double duty' for them.. (I don't think I have a particularly low threshold for pain and I am a 6 foot tall male with big hands and long fingers.) Also I was finding it over bulky and heavy to carry in my trouser pockets / jacket.

2) The WiFi would not play ball with my Mac Airport basestation

3) The OS seemed buggy - but when it was suggested that I upgrade the OS, I was unable to - as I am a mac user, syncing with Pocket mac and there is no Mac desktop and I dont own a PC. (my wife has a really old one somewhere around)

Overall I guess I was just too used to my lightweight and functional Curve 8300

Orange network recalled a bunch of early release Bolds here in the UK (I was using mine on O2 network) I think I was one of the first people in the UK to get an unlocked one... Perhaps they were rushed out too early for little issues to be ironed out. I spent about 3 months totally DESPERATE for one (as can be seen in my posts here) then 3 days being very disappointed. The plan was always to drive off into the sunset with my Bold and live happily ever after..

Now interested in

Javelin (good size)
    Storm (I am super keen to try the sideways qwerty on screen keyboard text entry out) due in the UK in a mater of days.. (but locked to another network.. grrrrrrr)
    And I'm keeping a close eye on other smart phones with 5 mega pixel cameras....

I would consider jumping off the BB ship if iPhone gets "cut and paste" functionality - (because I am very keen to get going with the Mac and iPhone linked productivity app "Omnifocus") but I don't think that's going to happen for a long while (which is totally ridiculous of Apple)

Its hard to keep a mac user 100% happy on Blackberry IMHO

So I have become a smart phone news addict.. but respect my beat up Curve 8300 more every day..

"I wont give up my Curve unless......" is an expression you see a lot here...

For good reason!
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 10-21-08 at 04:11 AM.
    10-21-08 03:53 AM
    I'm sort of in the same boat at the moment. Debating between the bold, storm or iphone... Curently happy with my phones now but want 3G badly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 05:47 AM

After difficulties with G3 and WiFi I am like, hey! EDGE! you aint so bad after all!
    10-21-08 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD