Hi Crackberry addicts.

I just thought it would be nice to have a thread for those of us that use/used Accutane or some form of it. For those of you who don't know, Accutane is a very strong acne medication for some of us with severe acne. It's supposedly the 'miracle' pill that some of us dream about. In fact, it is so strong that it can mess up an lucky person or even baby and a user have to have a blood test every month before refilling the prescription.

If you were ever on it, please post and tell me about your experience. I, and I hope the rest of Crackberry, will pass no judgement.
    02-02-10 10:45 PM
    I will tell you about my experience:
    This past December I went to the dermatologist because the season switch was making me break out way more than usual, which is way too much to begin with. She told me about Accutane and how to stay on the treatment and everything. After talking with my parents, we decided that giving it a try is better than doing nothing. So, I start the meds. I learn how to drive to Atlantic City, which I live near. [BTW, I have pretty bad driving anxiety, I will talk about that later maybe]. The only side effects I feel are bad back-pain when I bend over or stand up after sitting for so long. I have day-to-day mood swings that affected the relationship of one of my close friends. Other than that - nothing.

I go to the dermatologist at the beginning of the month to get my refill. Today I went to go pick and up and the Pharmacist told me that I had to pay a 1,200.97 co-pay. Basically, my insurance was covering nothing of it AND that I had drained the 1000 dollars we get a year for prescriptions, because we didn't know that they weren't covering it. After calling the insurance, we have to stop getting it because our family can not afford that every 30 days.

I just hope what little it did do, stays.
    02-02-10 10:50 PM
    Hey Jello man. Were you getting the generic form of accutane? I think its much much cheaper. I'm a tech in a pharmacy and used to dispense that for someone a while ago. I remember the generic being incredibly cheaper then the brand Accutane and there was nothing different between the 2. I personally don't like that drug cause of the crazy side effects that I have heard from people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 11:02 PM
    Hey Jello man. Were you getting the generic form of accutane? I think its much much cheaper. I'm a tech in a pharmacy and used to dispense that for someone a while ago. I remember the generic being incredibly cheaper then the brand Accutane and there was nothing different between the 2. I personally don't like that drug cause of the crazy side effects that I have heard from people.

The cheapest for us was 900. My insurance said they cover no form of it because it's the most expensive drug on the list err something. And yes, when I was on it, I was getting generic.
    02-02-10 11:06 PM
    Probably that the drug itself was not on your insurances formulary. Which means its not on the list of all the drugs that they cover. All insurance really sucks and just gets worse year after year. Did you ever look into that Proactive? The advaertising for that is everywhere. People swear by it. I have heard nothing but great things about it. I was very skeptic at first but not anymore. I'm sure there's a website www.proactive.com
    Just a thought. Anyways I hope you can get some solution.

02-02-10 11:16 PM
    Actually I think its proactiv. Without the e

02-02-10 11:19 PM
    When I had bad acne about 9-10 years ago, the only medication that worked for me was Nature's Cure. Not even sure if it's still around, I haven't seen it in a while.

It was an OTC pill and cream at the time, worked wonders.
    02-03-10 08:59 AM
    Accutane is very bad for you to take and causes serious health issues...
    02-03-10 09:06 AM
    Accutane is very bad for you to take and causes serious health issues...
    They don't hide the side effects from you. I knew every single one before I agreed to start taking it. That doesn't slow people down. Dermatologists prescribe it all the time. People with bad acne really want clear skin, and if that means that we might see something or hear something that is not real every once in a while, so be it.

I've had no serious side effects and they made sure that I was able each month to get a refill. I will always tell people that if their insurance covers it, then get it. It could change the way you feel about yourself.
    02-03-10 07:53 PM
    When I had bad acne about 9-10 years ago, the only medication that worked for me was Nature's Cure. Not even sure if it's still around, I haven't seen it in a while.

Ha, I just googled it and it is still around. I might look into it. I need to find something fast, since Plan A didn't work out so well.
    02-03-10 07:55 PM
    I will tell you about my experience:
    This past December I went to the dermatologist because the season switch was making me break out way more than usual, which is way too much to begin with. She told me about Accutane and how to stay on the treatment and everything. After talking with my parents, we decided that giving it a try is better than doing nothing. So, I start the meds. I learn how to drive to Atlantic City, which I live near. [BTW, I have pretty bad driving anxiety, I will talk about that later maybe]. The only side effects I feel are bad back-pain when I bend over or stand up after sitting for so long. I have day-to-day mood swings that affected the relationship of one of my close friends. Other than that - nothing.

I go to the dermatologist at the beginning of the month to get my refill. Today I went to go pick and up and the Pharmacist told me that I had to pay a 1,200.97 co-pay. Basically, my insurance was covering nothing of it AND that I had drained the 1000 dollars we get a year for prescriptions, because we didn't know that they weren't covering it. After calling the insurance, we have to stop getting it because our family can not afford that every 30 days.

I just hope what little it did do, stays.

That really sucks! Luckily my insurance covered it. I think it was like...$4 a month for me for the generic. I started Dec 2007 and ended April 2008. Best decision I ever made. Side effects were annoying....especially the dry lips and back pain. If I ever left the house without chapstick it was not a pleasant day. The monthly blood tests were no fun either. But overall it was well worth it.
    02-04-10 02:42 AM
    That really sucks! Luckily my insurance covered it. I think it was like...$4 a month for me for the generic. I started Dec 2007 and ended April 2008. Best decision I ever made. Side effects were annoying....especially the dry lips and back pain. If I ever left the house without chapstick it was not a pleasant day. The monthly blood tests were no fun either. But overall it was well worth it.
    Haha. I can't leave the house without chap stick either.

Wow, that is pretty cheap. I am glad it worked for you!
    02-04-10 06:43 PM
    I took it a year ago. My dose was 40 mg. Can't believe it's so expensive there. In my county Accutane, special shampoo, creams, chopstick and everything needed for treatment costs less than $200 in total. You will see results a month or two after the therapy began. The true result will be seen a month after the treatment stops. It really helped me to clean acne and I suggest you to your keep head up because medicine will do the same to you
    I also made blog post about Accutane results, I'm glad if it helps you or anyone else. One advice: keep off the Sun around 12AM because you will burn like baked turkey
    Good luck
    02-10-10 07:53 AM
    mfaoxeqlbkn 55fast com/doc_johnson_vibrators html]doc johnson vibrators
    sqya7tjfy 55fast com/lamorinda html]lamorinda
    nlg7ffq4x solidwebhost com/steamboat_ski_resort html]steamboat ski resort
    e00jcaqc 10fast net/pictures_of_cystic_fibrosis html]pictures of cystic fibrosis
    juf26m 5nxs com/lafuma_sleeping_bags html]lafuma sleeping bags
    v2o42afzuo 1-2-3host com/babys_dream_furniture html]babys dream furniture
    wjcvgrql steadywebs com/hypnosis_for_quitting_smoking html]hypnosis for quitting smoking
    ntewaljjea 5webs net/hormone_imbalance html]hormone imbalance
    vm6d27pdsn 720north com/proteus_syndrome html]proteus syndrome
    l34nc6j 5nxs com/adultfilm html]adultfilm
    vm6d27pdsn 720north com/bernhardt_furniture html]bernhardt furniture
    nnpoa9w 720north com/caffeine_allergy html]caffeine allergy
    uq7fvg 007webs com/tomoeda html]tomoeda
    aeq90mw0at 007webs com/adult_video_megaplex html]adult video megaplex
    tyl72yv 10fast net/oculopharyngeal_muscular_dystrophy html]oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy
    y75vlmpea 1-2-3host com/bionx html]bionx
    km2xy77a 55fast com/adult_bouncy_castles html]adult bouncy castles
    z6yts6l 1-2-3host com/indie_filmmaking html]indie filmmaking
    zckxsz sqweebs com/folding_tricycle html]folding tricycle
    mfaoxeqlbkn 55fast com/horny_married_women html]horny married women
    sqya7tjfy 55fast com/shichon html]shichon
    cuul9ey91m 5nxs com/midget_gangbang html]midget gangbang
    sqya7tjfy 55fast com/bmx_pegs html]bmx pegs
    vm6d27pdsn 720north com/treacher_collins_syndrome html]treacher collins syndrome
    e00jcaqc 10fast net/unfaithful_husband html]unfaithful husband

Men are only as loyal as their options
    03-09-10 04:25 AM
    The only thing I ever remember hearing about Accutane was that it made people suicidal.
    03-09-10 08:08 AM

I use this & it does indeed work! I've suffered from cystic acne all of my life, & while this hasn't been a "cure" it has slowed it quite a bit. I also mix the cream w/ a bit of natural lotion because I think a 5% Benzoyl Peroxide cream is a bit strong.

I've never had any desire to try accutane, despite my acne making me miserable. I've probably tried most OTC acne stuff (Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Oxy, Proactiv, Acne Free, etc) & nothing has cured my acne. I've also tried more expensive stuff like Clinique's acne solutions line, & while it helped for awhile, my acne came back. I have a friend that swears by Dr. Perricone's stuff, but that stuff is like $150 per item!!
    03-09-10 04:07 PM
    I use this & it does indeed work! I've suffered from cystic acne all of my life, & while this hasn't been a "cure" it has slowed it quite a bit. I also mix the cream w/ a bit of natural lotion because I think a 5% Benzoyl Peroxide cream is a bit strong.

I've never had any desire to try accutane, despite my acne making me miserable. I've probably tried most OTC acne stuff (Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Oxy, Proactiv, Acne Free, etc) & nothing has cured my acne. I've also tried more expensive stuff like Clinique's acne solutions line, & while it helped for awhile, my acne came back. I have a friend that swears by Dr. Perricone's stuff, but that stuff is like $150 per item!!
    Well there you go! 2 satisfied customers highly recommend you try Nature's Cure Jell-O Man.
    03-09-10 04:57 PM
    Mmmm Jello

03-09-10 05:12 PM
    I have never had to deal with this, however if I had to.....as a woman I wouldnt go near the stuff. I have heard that it can cause awful nasty birth defects if one were to get pregnant. Like webbed feet two-headed hermaphrodite baby types of defects. I'm sure thats why females must be on 2 forms of birth control before even taking it. Accidents happen though. Good luck to you.
    03-09-10 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD