Here's an interesting question...

If a russian person moves to america do you consider them asian american?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 03:41 PM
    Asian American?

Or Do You Mean Russian American?

If it's the latter, then yes, only if they go through the right channels and become an American Citizen, then yea I'd Consider them a Russian American.

Just like a Native American, or African American, or Cuban American.

So Long as they become Naturalized.
    10-17-08 03:47 PM
    the original question was are there BLACK Russians. Black would be the race. To answer the question, yes there are some black russians we are everywhere
    10-17-08 05:26 PM
    this thread is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine!
    10-17-08 06:02 PM
    What you need to do: mix 1 1/2 oz of vodka with 1/2 of Kahlua. You can add chocolate or Coca-cola. And viola - you now have a Black Russian. Be sure not to add milk - that'd be a White Russian equally delicious but, tastes more communistic.

10-17-08 06:17 PM
    lol VINAY they took down the pic lol they always tryna censor you ALWAYS
    10-17-08 06:47 PM
    There was nothing wrong with that pic. Wtf?

10-17-08 09:31 PM
    Why would they censor that picture?
    10-18-08 09:26 AM
    Here's an interesting question...

If a russian person moves to america do you consider them asian american?

That would depend upon where they came from. Europe geographically ends to the east in the Russian Ural mountains and to the south east on the Black Sea Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

People coming from Russia may therefore be racially classified as Caucasian, European, Euro-Asian, Slavic and, at a push Asian depending upon how their familiy has migrated. There are a host of minor racial, language, cultural and other classifications such as the Romany people but without splitting hairs, these are the major groups.

Any of these people could move to America and they would still be considered as racially extracted from the categories above.

Once they become an American then, they are just American. At least that's the way I see passport holding working.
    10-18-08 10:04 AM
    So then why are black people called african american when the majority of them aren't from africa?

10-18-08 10:12 AM
    So then why are black people called african american when the majority of them aren't from africa?

I think that is part convention and part convenience. A figure of speech if you will.

Nationally it is clearly inaccurate. They hold American passports ergo they are Americans.

Racially the are of African extraction. It is the continent where they originally came from. Africa is a big place and Egyptians are Africans too but Egyptians or Moroccans seem not to be classified this way.

African-American seeems to denote a person who was originally from sub-Saharan Africa and almost always this is a Black skinned person.

The phrases African-American, Sino-American, Italian-American all seeem to be just convenient handles to allow people to be easily classified by any number of groups.

I have no idea where this originated other than it seems to have come into use around the 1950s.

I think that this discussion will be hard to further quantify, especially for me, a white Englishman living in Switzerland.

Further I have now exhausted my meagre store of fact and folklore on this subject so I think that I'll stop now.
    10-18-08 10:24 AM
    Why would they censor that picture?
    I checked up on your picture. It was not Crackberry who took it down.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Please login below or register an account with Getbig Forums.

I am not quite sure what the above thest means as it was sent to me by another Mod when I asked on Mod-net what had happened.
    10-18-08 10:55 AM

Hi Vinnie. After the civil rights movement changes had to be made and every thing had to be politically correct. They could no longer call us negras, negros, or nig*ers, so African American was used. I personally say that I am black. So that's just my two cents. This is a very touchy subject and can bring on strong emotions.
    10-18-08 11:16 AM
    Thanks pete, I was really wondering, it may have gotten relocated on the forum I got it from

10-18-08 11:18 AM
    Thanks Tesa for your viewpoint. I think people want to have a unique identity, and why not African Americans? We have Italian Americans, Mexican Americans, Polish Americans, and Irish Americans to name a few. When one comes to America and is thrown into the big melting pot, it can seem hard to be unique. I don't believe there's any harm in it, after all the last word is American. In the end that's what we all are: American. I can't think of a single ethnic group who hasn't served our country and had members who have been killed or wounded for the cause of freedom.

And Pete, if you come to join your son and live in the US, you'll join me as an Anglo American. My family moved here in the late 1690's; a cousin of mine has our family well documented arriving in Virginia as indentured servants from England. Unfortunately for us, there are just too many of us Anglo Americans to be very unique, lol.

10-18-08 08:19 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD