Here you go Ralph. It was kinda fun visiting the bad fun old days. This is my S2 running Gingerbread.

Warning: Off topic. Will return to 9900 tomorrow.

G'night.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...df19eea739.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0980b10628.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...716af3d969.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d49fcb8253.jpg
    LOL yup that looks familiar.......from my NIGHTMARES! Yeah I know but even if I pressed "save" (and I'm sure I would have) it just didn't take when I went back later to check the contact list.

Honestly he must have just got a lemon, or there was a glitch in the software.....yeah that's it......it was a glitch

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-01-16 11:26 PM
    Oh and what Calender app are you using??? Just curious. Ive never even tried setting reminders on mine, other than Birthdays but that shows up on the homescreen of the 9900 from Facebook automatically so......

09-01-16 11:27 PM
    Really dig the good strong vibration mode on this 9900. I leave it on the wooden arm of the couch and when I come back from eating or whatever, it usually rotates about 45 degrees.

I realize Vibrate mode takes more battery power but I almost wish there was a way to shorten the length of the vibrate. As far as I can tell, the default and shortest is 2 long bursts. ONE would be more than enough and might save up some battery. I also notice that if you are holding the device and it vibrates, you can quickly swipe on the trackpad and it will kill the second burst before it can start vibrating.

My iphone has the ability to customize and change the Vibration to whatever you want but I never use it except to change it to ONE burst.

it's just more of a comment than a grievence An observation.

09-02-16 01:58 AM
    Oh and what Calender app are you using??? Just curious. Ive never even tried setting reminders on mine, other than Birthdays but that shows up on the homescreen of the 9900 from Facebook automatically so......

Just using the native calendar. I use the berry key & I can set a date & time that I need a reminder for. It can be "Alarm" "Appointment" or "Task."

Having said that, I'm amazed to read you have never tried setting reminders. I live by them. Used to write on the back of my hand, tie strings on my finger, carry pieces & pads of paper & pen. And even for the simplest things!

Then again, my forgettery has always been better than my memory. My mum's take on it: "He'd forget his head if it wasn't attached."
    :P

09-02-16 09:39 AM
    Really dig the good strong vibration mode on this 9900. I leave it on the wooden arm of the couch and when I come back from eating or whatever, it usually rotates about 45 degrees.

I realize Vibrate mode takes more battery power but I almost wish there was a way to shorten the length of the vibrate. As far as I can tell, the default and shortest is 2 long bursts. ONE would be more than enough and might save up some battery. I also notice that if you are holding the device and it vibrates, you can quickly swipe on the trackpad and it will kill the second burst before it can start vibrating.

My iphone has the ability to customize and change the Vibration to whatever you want but I never use it except to change it to ONE burst.

it's just more of a comment than a grievence An observation.

Wanted to like this comment but couldn't figure out how to on Tapatalk

09-02-16 10:00 AM
    Wanted to like this comment but couldn't figure out how to on Tapatalk

When you're on that post, press the BlackBerry button. A banner full of options will come up. Like is the heart on the far right. Often you have to unlike a post before you can like it. Strange but true.
    09-02-16 12:51 PM
    When you're on that post, press the BlackBerry button. A banner full of options will come up. Like is the heart on the far right. Often you have to unlike a post before you can like it. Strange but true.
    Home, reply, refresh, quote, etc I see but no hearts on the 9900. :/

09-02-16 01:01 PM

Having said that, I'm amazed to read you have never tried setting reminders. I live by them.
    Even that wouldn't help me They are nice on the iphone though. But I still trust paper over electronics when it comes to more important things, even if I have to tape it to my door on the way out ;p

09-02-16 01:08 PM
    Just noticed that the CB app doesn't have the same options of Tapatalk.
    ( no like or unlike buttons )

Surely , there must be way of liking ?!
    09-02-16 01:37 PM

Keep scrolling right. You might have to actually put your finger on the screen. Unless, as Goodayeh says, there's no like/unlike heart on the CrackBerry version. You might want to try the full Tapatalk app. You can add other forums and the theme colors are a little less garish.
    09-02-16 01:43 PM

Home Reply Refresh Quote Report Link. I might have missed one but ya def no heart. So wish doing a screengrab was possible. But nope. Oh well CB app for BB10 is sorta half baked too. Good on iOS though

Also noticed that to call up those options you have to press the Berry button followed by spacebar. Even so, sometimes it just doesn't work.

09-02-16 01:48 PM
    Even that wouldn't help me They are nice on the iphone though. But I still trust paper over electronics when it comes to more important things, even if I have to tape it to my door on the way out ;p

Agree. Taped to forehead sometimes works too. ;P

09-02-16 01:49 PM
    Just noticed that the CB app doesn't have the same options of Tapatalk.
    ( no like or unlike buttons )

Surely , there must be way of liking ?!
    Which CB app? I tried the old one in the lonely Sears I mean Amazon Store for use on my Classic but, it's no better than the native BB10 one. Worse in fact! iOS version the best.
    Some kind of poetic irony in that, methinks.

09-02-16 01:53 PM
    Which CB app? I tried the old one in the lonely Sears I mean Amazon Store for use on my Classic but, it's no better than the native BB10 one. Worse in fact! iOS version the best.

I believe you can get the CB app in BB world.

Not sure if Tapatalk is available anywhere for BBOS .

Sent by BB 99 using CB app
    09-02-16 01:57 PM
    Keep scrolling right. You might have to actually put your finger on the screen. Unless, as Goodayeh says, there's no like/unlike heart on the CrackBerry version. You might want to try the full Tapatalk app. You can add other forums and the theme colors are a little less garish.
    Thanks Shuswap.

However, no ability to scroll further right at all, with trackpad or finger.
    Tried a few methods a few times. Izh no goooud!
    ;P
    Will check into the full Tapatalk app idea though

09-02-16 02:00 PM

Are you using a BB10 device ?
    ( I assumed you were on the Bold )

Anyway I always use Tapatalk on my Bold .
    Never really liked the CB app - even though it is built onto Tapatalk .
    It always seemed to be unfinished somehow .

Don't think Tapatalk it is available for Bold any more.

09-02-16 02:06 PM
    I believe you can get the CB app in BB world.

Not sure if Tapatalk is available anywhere for BBOS .

Hey goodayeh, always goodaseeyah!

Am using the CB app from BBW. Is there more than one!?

Ah no Tapatalk eh? Grff!

Tah well, kind of used to this clunky old CB app, with or without "Like" function. Hey at least it has PM! CB for BB10 (& the Amazon Android version I tried) don't have that even.

09-02-16 02:06 PM
    Are you using a BB10 device ?
    ( I assumed you were on the Bold )

Anyway I always use Tapatalk on my Bold .
    Never really liked the CB app - even though it is built onto Tapatalk .
    It always seemed to be unfinished somehow .

Don't think Tapatalk it is available for Bold any more.
    Usually on my Bold! Like right now. Hence the little "signature sentence" at the end of each post.

Sometimes I use iOS version.

09-02-16 02:09 PM
    CB app on my Bold homescreen, & a shot of results from App World

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg   9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload1.jpg  
    09-02-16 02:18 PM
    I don't mind the CB app on the 9900, I can "Like" on the iPhone/iPad but this is as far as I can scroll right....9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1472863047.755359.jpg
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-02-16 07:37 PM
    I don't mind the CB app on the 9900, I can "Like" on the iPhone/iPad but this is as far as I can scroll right....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1472863047.755359.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	255.6 KB 
ID:	407659
    Yep. Exactly. Good idea. I was thinking of doing that too.

Look at this though. Not bad for two Canadian boys! Heheh

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-crackberry-sept.16.jpg
    09-02-16 07:49 PM
    I don't mind the CB app on the 9900, I can "Like" on the iPhone/iPad but this is as far as I can scroll right....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1472863047.755359.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	255.6 KB 
ID:	407659
    Weird. Looks just like MY Bold 9900 ! :P
    09-02-16 07:51 PM
    Cool I hardly ever go to desktop mode to know about the shoutouts, only if I have a settings issue or something

09-02-16 07:54 PM
    Guess you are always on your 9900 eh? I sometimes just use my laptop and when I do I usually go to the Forums mainpage to see what's shakin'... Like right now the thread I see intriguing me is about comparing DTek & Z30. I own a Z30.. Beautiful beautiful phone. So going to have a look.
    09-02-16 07:59 PM
    Get Tapatalk here. Click the "OTA download" link with your device.

The instructions for adding forums are here.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 09-03-16 at 12:45 AM.
    09-02-16 08:32 PM
8,754 ... 9394959697 ...