Anybody on EE in the UK, does BIS work?
    09-27-17 11:44 AM
    Well, newfangled, are you going to keep the classic? Don't throw it away...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900!
    09-27-17 03:57 PM
    Well, newfangled, are you going to keep the classic? Don't throw it away...

It won't even boot up now. It displays an error code that I looked up and it means the file system is corrupted.

An autoloader will probably fix it but I don't have the interest or time to fiddle with it right now.
    09-27-17 04:09 PM
    Some older samsung models with a bold like design are not bad.

Posted via CB10
    I am actually looking at the samsung blackjack 2 and jack. Or pantech laser. All are older 3g qwerty phones, non android but apparently not bad and currently pretty cheap.

09-27-17 05:19 PM
    Help please. I'm responding on my classic. Can't figure out to reply in the thread on my 9900. What am I missing or doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-17 08:18 PM
    How well do they implement trackpad?
    The only ones I tried were not touch sensitive, just selected and navigated.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-17 08:19 PM
    Help please. I'm responding on my classic. Can't figure out to reply in the thread on my 9900. What am I missing or doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    There should be an icon for participating thread when you start CB app on your 9900, go to the thread and hit the menu button to bring up different options, including reply.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-17 08:58 PM
    Hit the BB icon button on your 99. Nothing will seem to happen but if you use the trackpad to scroll down, the options to reply will appear on screen.

You'll need to scroll down the page to find the SEND button when you're ready to send the message.

09-27-17 10:21 PM
    Is this what you are talking about? Maybe this vid will help....

09-27-17 10:27 PM
    Hit the BB icon button on your 99. Nothing will seem to happen but if you use the trackpad to scroll down, the options to reply will appear on screen.

You'll need to scroll down the page to find the SEND button when you're ready to send the message.

Yep! It took me awhile to figure that out, as well. Ironically, when I used BlackBerrys back in the Glory Days before 2011, I didn't use BBM and didn't even know about CrackBerry.

These days, BBM seems to be snubbing _me_ in favor of the Indonesian teen demographic, and CrackBerry..? This forum seems to be the only remaining vestige of the Old Days, with everything else being devoted to Blandroid, advertising crap, reports on utterly irrelevant stuff BlackBerry is doing (BlackBerry inks new partnership with someone to license QNX! Woopee!), and of course running down BlackBerry 10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(9721108) and idssteve like this.
    09-29-17 11:13 AM
    Last vestiges of the Old Republic...

Despite the eye-rolling of my wife and friends and sister, I'll keep using my 9900 until it dies... at which point, I'll buy another or switch to my 9930.

09-29-17 12:49 PM
    Got it thanks !!! Dont know how long that would have taken on my own . Appreciate all the help.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    09-29-17 03:12 PM
    I have good news! I managed to reanimate my Classic!

All it took was connecting it to Link and Link prompted an OS restore.

Now to set it all up again and see if I still have that SMS problem...

 BlackBerry | Classic
    09-29-17 07:48 PM
    Yep! It took me awhile to figure that out, as well. Ironically, when I used BlackBerrys back in the Glory Days before 2011, I didn't use BBM and didn't even know about CrackBerry.

These days, BBM seems to be snubbing _me_ in favor of the Indonesian teen demographic, and CrackBerry..? This forum seems to be the only remaining vestige of the Old Days, with everything else being devoted to Blandroid, advertising crap, reports on utterly irrelevant stuff BlackBerry is doing (BlackBerry inks new partnership with someone to license QNX! Woopee!), and of course running down BlackBerry 10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I'm so tired of the negativity respecting BlackBerry 10. You shouldn't have to put up with that here of all places. Sometimes I think we should start a site called Retro-Berry and secede from this place!

Sent from my Passport using Forum Fiend OSP
    09-29-17 07:52 PM
    Maybe you want to stock up now :-).
    Staples Canada is selling refurb 9900 for $99 plus free shipping
    https://www.staples.ca/en/BlackBerry...0_2-CA_1_20001

I'm tempted myself, it'll give me a backup 9900 for use on other carriers
    idssteve likes this.
    09-30-17 12:10 AM
    Maybe you want to stock up now :-).
    Staples Canada is selling refurb 9900 for $99 plus free shipping
    https://www.staples.ca/en/BlackBerry...0_2-CA_1_20001

I'm tempted myself, it'll give me a backup 9900 for use on other carriers
    :0. Never thought I would see one of those at Staples. About a year ago I think I saw on their flyer they were selling the Dtek50 but I never thought they would go that far back.
    09-30-17 12:13 AM
    I'm so tired of the negativity respecting BlackBerry 10. You shouldn't have to put up with that here of all places. Sometimes I think we should start a site called Retro-Berry and secede from this place!

Haha... seems like the old BBOS bashers have turned their attention to BB10 bashing. Now that they think they've pretty successfully bashed BBOS into premature hospice. Imo. Funny thing, BB10 was what some of those SAME bashers cudgeled us "legacy hold outs" with, back then.

Now those same names seem again attempting to INTIMIDATE migration to yet another newer "better" platform. Migration must be willingly voluntary to achieve any hope of success. Coerced migration inevitably opens doors to competitive products.

What the bashers are failing to appreciate is that SOME (all?) of us legacy holdouts, at THIS point, are most loyal to our own personal productivity FIRST. Loyalty to whichever product design best optimizes that personal productivity comes second. Loyalty to the company that designed and produced that product is a distant third. Imo. And that rarely exceeds whatever loyalty that manufacturer demonstrates to its customers. In BB's case, precious little. Imo.

I'd be JUST as happy with my 9900 if it were an Apple product, for example. Attributes of that handset design, and its GUI, contribute to my personal productivity in ways that have not yet been improved on. By anyone. Six years later. The surest path to successful migration is to truly produce a better product. The ONLY way to do that is to truly understand the product you're replacing. Can't do that when the new design team is intentionally sequestered from the old one. Early BB10's single greatest flaw, imo.

Every tool invented by mortals has its strengths and its flaws. It's essential to identify both in order to best fit a tool to a given task. Once identified, there's little to nothing to be gained by dwelling on the weaknesses. Positive focus on the strengths yields most optimal implementation.

Positive focus on competently identified strengths of a product's predecessor yields most optimal migration implementation. Bashing that predecessor only leads to bashing the producer. Which, as we've seen, leads to BF Nowhere. Lol.
    09-30-17 07:59 AM
    :0. Never thought I would see one of those at Staples. About a year ago I think I saw on their flyer they were selling the Dtek50 but I never thought they would go that far back.
    Wonder where they got them?
    09-30-17 08:02 AM
    Last vestiges of the Old Republic...

Despite the eye-rolling of my wife and friends and sister, I'll keep using my 9900 until it dies... at which point, I'll buy another or switch to my 9930.

Watch their eyes roll while you're texting without setting coffee mug down... lol.
    09-30-17 08:05 AM
    Im also backed up with an extra 9900, they are still pretty available. IMO just a great device that will never be beat. Will always have one active.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    09-30-17 09:46 AM
    Wonder where they got them?
    "Canada, moving backwards while moving forwards at the same time"
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-30-17 10:28 AM
    Yep, Steve, I agree. It seems to me that the point of a message board dedicated to a particular product should be how to use that product, and keep it working as long as possible.

I don't think most people here are interested in misleading anyone about BBOS or BB10. Given the app situation, and the advance of certain technologies, these phones are (now) not for most people, since the general public wants a seamless, low-hassle experience, which is perfectly understandable. This forum makes the point. At this point, most of us dual carry, use the phones only occasionally, or for a specific purpose. There are still a few who solely use a 99xx, but they're really rare. For me, LogicMail hiccups and the 32GB MicroSD card limit were the tipping point. I would imagine that the end of native Dropbox support is going to drive a lot of BB10 users away, as will the end of Whatsapp, whenever that actually, finally, happens.

But these phones are still useful if you value particular strengths enough to look past the weaknesses. I could see someone like you, who needs a good spreadsheet editing tool, carrying a 9930 past the 3g sunset. I mean, after all, a Palm pilot was a perfectly useful tool without telephony, and the WiFi can be coaxed along for a long time under the right conditions. As long as you can get the spreadsheet on and off the device easily (and MS doesn't introduce the new, unimproved .xlsx2 format), it's very functional.

So then, what's the point of bashing? I really don't get it.

Now that I have that said, I think I have LogicMail working securely again with Outlook.com. I'm heading over to post the details in response to an ask a question thread. Have a great Saturday, everyone!

09-30-17 10:59 AM
    I agree and actually use my BBs simply because I enjoy them. Don't really care what others have to say. Come here to hear others who feel the same and want to keep the experience going as long as possible and share what works. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-30-17 01:58 PM
    Sometimes I think we should start a site called Retro-Berry and secede from this place!
    I wonder how much interest there would be in something like this...

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    09-30-17 01:59 PM
    I agree and actually use my BBs simply because I enjoy them. Don't really care what others have to say. Come here to hear others who feel the same and want to keep the experience going as long as possible and share what works. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    FWIW there’s a woman in my building who still uses her 7130.
    09-30-17 03:56 PM
8,188 ... 251252253254255 ...