23 pages & counting and NO BBOS bashing trolls!! This CAN'T be modern Crackberry? What did I click in Calendar App to travel back to 2008? The days of truly addicted berry enthusiasts?? Wonderful to be back!!
    I also installed the Time Machine app. JaredCo is amazing!!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    06-01-16 11:08 PM
    23 pages & counting and NO BBOS bashing trolls!! This CAN'T be modern Crackberry? What did I click in Calendar App to travel back to 2008? The days of truly addicted berry enthusiasts?? Wonderful to be back!!
    Tis the magical land of fruit and honey! Welcome to paradise friend, join the revolution!

Posted via CB10
    to boldly go and dierre like this.
    06-01-16 11:39 PM
    I think they are still in shock ^_^ (I wouldn't know what to say either!!)

I have 56 pages on the CB app, works great!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-02-16 01:34 AM
    I also installed the Time Machine app!!
    I need the Time Machine app too, I want to go back and buy something called Apple Stock.........Jusssssst kidding ^_^

06-02-16 01:54 AM
    So I had my first full day with the Bold and loved it. Sent a few emails and bbm messages, browsed Twitter and read the news on the Guardian's mobile web site. My new battery lasted all day and that was pleasing. The keyboard and feel of the device is perfect. An absolute pleasure to type on.

Now for some questions.

1. Any way to get the images associated with my Google contacts to display?
    2. Most images in my emails aren't showing even after I do a 'get images'
    3. Any good software to edit and crop an image so I can use it as wallpaper?

Last edited by Wmsi; 06-02-16 at 03:42 AM.
    06-02-16 03:26 AM
    3. Any good software to edit and crop an image so I can use it as wallpaper?
    "Photo Studio:Editor"

(one of the "Best of 2015" apps recommended by App World for 0S7

Wmsi likes this.
    06-02-16 04:31 AM
    Where did you get it? I want one to complete my Bold transition!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    The Pod "standing" charger? I got it from Amazon .ca

06-02-16 04:34 AM
    Custom fit Smoothtalker BT handsfree charging cradle provides active signal boost. Also automatically disconnects BT when device is removed so phone doesn't continue bluetooth to vehicle out in garage. Got one in all my vehicles. This photo from one of our field service trucks.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-p1050224.jpg
    Doug_M likes this.
    06-02-16 06:04 AM

2. Most images in my emails aren't showing even after I do a 'get images'
    Might try checking "Messages - Options", "Email Preferences". Be sure relevant account is selected from drop down menu. (first letter shortcut works here). Fwiw, my settings are:

"Enable HTML Email" -- checked
    "Download Images Automatically" -- checked
    "Confirm External Image Download" -- NOT checked

Just a guess.

I can't recall "get images" not working for me but I'll see if I can find an email where it doesn't work & poke around. AFAIK, I think we concluded, years ago, that "get images" requirement was a data conserving strategy. ?? There might be other settings elsewhere, AFAIK. I'll poke around.
    06-02-16 07:14 AM
    I also installed the Time Machine app. JaredCo is amazing!!
    I be interested to hear feedback from fellow 99'ers own experiences with apps from the JaredCo. My earlier experience of using their apps on my 9900 was an associated bombardment of BBM with advertisements. Perhaps that was a coincidence and/or may no longer be in practice, but at the time it did seem that removal of the app solved the problem.

This was a personal experience of more than 2 years back and I don't recall which JaredCo app(s) I had installed but know that I have avoided installing them ever since. Considering the relative scarcity of apps for BB OS7 I'd be very happy to hear that this is not a problem in 2016 or that I misinterpreted what was happening with my BBM.

UPDATE - perhaps not a unique experience: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-app-552418/
    06-02-16 08:09 AM
    So I finally got my new T-Mobile unlocked. The unlocking company was great, frequent and fast email communication through the whole process. But they needed the MEP number from the phone. When I went through getting it off the phone through the hidden menu system there simply was no MEP listed (and it said the network was CDMA not GSM which had me worried). None of the software to read it off the phone worked either. Eventually I ended up installing Windows XP in a virtual machine to get the reader software to work.

After I gave that to the unlocking company they sent me (after 24 hours) 5 unlock codes. I entered the first one (I had 5 tries left) and it didn't work! I entered the second one and it took. Phew! Then the phone signal indicator switched to GSM. Phew! But then it switched to (and has remained on) EDGE. I guess this particular phone doesn't have band coverage for Rogers' 3G. Oh well, the new keyboard and overall "shininess" makes it worth it!
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    06-02-16 08:55 AM
    Just received and activated my Bold 9930 on Verizon. The Verizon representative thought I was crazy but he did it. Keep trying to sell me an iPhone.

Been awhile since I've used OS7.

Going to move all my stuff over from my Passport

I'm all in on the new Bold revolution!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    This happened with me too, i had to leave one of my providers because they didn't have any BIS support anymore and it took me about 30 minutes on the phone for them to cancel it, they even suggested i upgrade my phone. If you want the magic word to make the sales advisers to shut down mention the word blackberry, they hear that you have one and they act like they've never heard or seen one before haha. Also, how did you move all your information from the Passport to the 9900, blackberry told me that its not possible to restore the 9900 with a Q10 back up. All my contacts came over though because i think they somehow got backed up with an email account.

06-02-16 09:31 AM
    Then today is your lucky day. There is a very good Client For Instagram on the 9900 and I have been using it for months now. It just went "native" and not more than 20 minutes ago there was an update for it, third update in 2 weeks or so.

As for Viber I had trouble also, Line was worse! Whatsapp is still perfect and so I use that.

Attachment 401235
    Yeah, whatsapp works great as always, there is something really wrong with Viber, it doesn't even work on my desktop and it wasn't available to find in the blackberry world, even the BB10 official Viber app was never available to me in the blackberry world app. I think its great that instagram is getting some love on BBOS, i think a lot of people use that app now, if Instagram got on board and made an official app it would be great. The twitter and facebook app on BB10 is ridiculous, i love that the facebook app still works because i didn't upgrade it. I'm really loving using this again, i should have just kept using this phone and never upgraded to the Q10, using the Q10 encouraged me to start using more apps on my iPhone but now since i started using my 9900 i only used my iphone for Instagram and Telegram(they should make an app for BBOS)

06-02-16 09:46 AM
    So I finally got my new T-Mobile unlocked. The unlocking company was great, frequent and fast email communication through the whole process. But they needed the MEP number from the phone. When I went through getting it off the phone through the hidden menu system there simply was no MEP listed (and it said the network was CDMA not GSM which had me worried). None of the software to read it off the phone worked either. Eventually I ended up installing Windows XP in a virtual machine to get the reader software to work.

After I gave that to the unlocking company they sent me (after 24 hours) 5 unlock codes. I entered the first one (I had 5 tries left) and it didn't work! I entered the second one and it took. Phew! Then the phone signal indicator switched to GSM. Phew! But then it switched to (and has remained on) EDGE. I guess this particular phone doesn't have band coverage for Rogers' 3G. Oh well, the new keyboard and overall "shininess" makes it worth it!
    Hmm, I hope the speed doesn't frustrate you too much over time. I wonder if Edge is faster than general wifi where you are, or with what you might be using for wifi speeds.

06-02-16 10:12 AM
    Yeah, whatsapp works great as always, there is something really wrong with Viber, it doesn't even work on my desktop and it wasn't available to find in the blackberry world
    I made the mistake of updating Facebook and lost the app also, but then I re-installed it from here (also has Viber, but not sure if its a different version of what you have/tried)

http://www.theiexplorers.com/OTA/#YouTube

06-02-16 10:16 AM
    Custom fit Smoothtalker BT handsfree charging cradle provides active signal boost. Also automatically disconnects BT when device is removed so phone doesn't continue bluetooth to vehicle out in garage. Got one in all my vehicles. This photo from one of our field service trucks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050224.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	278.8 KB 
ID:	401262
    Hard working 9900! It might be wondering when it can get to retire

06-02-16 10:20 AM
    Hard working 9900! It might be wondering when it can get to retire

Re-tire is for wheels! Lol. Long as I keep finding (or making) batteries and also keyboards, my 99 will retire when they pry it from my cold hand... Lol.

OR, when BB wises up and decides that our 9900's cherished features are worth an upgraded repeat!
    06-02-16 10:53 AM
    Hmm, I hope the speed doesn't frustrate you too much over time. I wonder if Edge is faster than general wifi where you are, or with what you might be using for wifi speeds.
    I'm a light user so it may not bother me, we'll see how it goes. If it does I may just do a motherboard swap. Watched a YouTube video on it and it doesn't seem that hard. It seems Rogers is going to shut down their GSM/EDGE bands in 2018 so if I'm still using my 9900 by then I'll need to do the swap anyway.
    06-02-16 11:14 AM
    BIS is alive on the Verizon network. No problems.
    Indeed it is! In fact for fun I recently purchased a Verizon 8330 from eBay. Once I wiped it and then activated it on my line, it pushed me a whole bunch of stuff and I set up my email accounts and they were working flawlessly. Fun times

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 11:48 AM
    Okay I didn't wait. Disassembly looked pretty easy so I went ahead and transplanted the Rogers motherboard into the T-Mobile phone. It was pretty easy to do. The phone even worked after I re-assembled it!

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20160602_143538.jpg

I used this video as a guide for disassembly.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    06-02-16 12:49 PM
    I made the mistake of updating Facebook and lost the app also, but then I re-installed it from here (also has Viber, but not sure if its a different version of what you have/tried)

http://www.theiexplorers.com/OTA/#YouTube

I was incredibly naive in regards to that update, i just saw the facebook update and clicked install without reading what was included in the update, i didn't make that mistake with the 9900, i tried installing the app from that website and it gave me the same issue, then i was able to find Viber in my un-installed apps in blackberry world and it also gave me the same issues, but the desktop app does something similar, i enter my blackberry number and it said it was sending the code and 24 hours later i still didn't receive the code. Maybe viber will issue an update because i hope that i can use them when whatsapp stops working, obviously the dream would be for everyone to have BBM its cross platform but i think people (non BB users) rather whatsapp and viber. I really hope that whatsapp dont stop the service for blackberry's immediately that would be bad, facebook did say the service would end on March 29th if you didn't update yet we are into June and its working like nothing happened.

06-02-16 02:08 PM
    Okay I didn't wait. Disassembly looked pretty easy so I went ahead and transplanted the Rogers motherboard into the T-Mobile phone. It was pretty easy to do. The phone even worked after I re-assembled it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160602_143538.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	234.8 KB 
ID:	401287

I used this video as a guide for disassembly.
    This shows the type of dedication people have towards the 9900!

I have a question Doug, I see you have encryption turked on also (message on lock screen) and sometimes I enter the wrong password or hit 2 letters and no matter how many times I do this it ALWAYS says "2/10" attempts. I'm glad it seems to be stuck on 2 attempts because by now I would have easily had my 9900 wiped clean if I was limited to 10

how is yours?????

06-02-16 03:48 PM
    I was incredibly naive in regards to that update, i just saw the facebook update and clicked install without reading what was included in the update, i didn't make that mistake with the 9900, i tried installing the app from that website and it gave me the same issue, then i was able to find Viber in my un-installed apps in blackberry world and it also gave me the same issues, but the desktop app does something similar, i enter my blackberry number and it said it was sending the code and 24 hours later i still didn't receive the code. Maybe viber will issue an update because i hope that i can use them when whatsapp stops working, obviously the dream would be for everyone to have BBM its cross platform but i think people (non BB users) rather whatsapp and viber. I really hope that whatsapp dont stop the service for blackberry's immediately that would be bad, facebook did say the service would end on March 29th if you didn't update yet we are into June and its working like nothing happened.

Believe me you and I were NOT the only ones trusting that latest Facebook update and there was a multitude of angry people. (just read the user reviews for FB in App World) But at least for Facebook we have the ability to wirelessly put the old version back on with the provided link. I'm not hearing the same luck from some BB10 users.

As for Viber, even on my iphone it would freeze and have issues. I'm savouring every day we have Whatsapp at least until the end of the year and NO ONE knows what will happen after that. Some say it should continue to work, others not. We will see.

06-02-16 03:52 PM
    Well....after reading 24 pages of how great the 99XX is, I pulled the trigger and ordered one. And I got all the extras to go with it: 2 cradles (office and bedside), 2 batteries (in case one of the 3 is a dud), battery charger and a Seidio holster (use these with all my phones) - all for just about $110.

I currently swap between a Q10 and Classic. Both have features I like and both have features I do not. Since my primary use for a phone is calls, email, texting, calendar, and contacts (secondary being maps, hot spot and browser), I figured that the 9930, at the very least, is worth a shot.

Instead of me hoping for BB to create what I would consider the perfect phone, I am getting what looks to be the perfect phone for me. It is small, light, has a removable battery, LCD screen, tool belt and a great keyboard. I'm looking forward to getting it in a few days and put that bad-boy to work!

One area of concern that you knowledgeable folks here might be able to help with. Verizon said they are good on their end and the plan I currently have is fine with the 99. My company's email (MS Exchange) should work ok on it right? My Q and Classic had no problems but I'm not sure how the 99 will do.

Thanks and I am looking forward to joining the club!!
    06-02-16 05:10 PM
    2 batteries (in case one of the 3 is a dud)

Thanks and I am looking forward to joining the club!!
    You definately DID read the entire thread because I remember recommending the extra batteries about 10 pages back

Welcome aboard and keep us up to date on how EVERYTHING is working out so we can all learn from it.

I'm sure someone can answer about the email question.

06-02-16 05:20 PM
8,068 ... 2122232425 ...