I'm just getting 80 Kbps
    01-05-17 06:11 AM
    My att stuff isn't working out here in BFNo-where but 3 bars of 3G Verizon cdma on my 9930 shows 270Kbps at fast.com. Fwiw.
    01-05-17 10:03 AM
    Hi All,

Need some help.

Can you pls access fast.com from ur 9900 browser and confirm what speeds u r getting

Pls also share screenshots

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Veera
    Yes, when my sim was in it I ran it And got around 8-10 MBPS and I was pretty happy with that, on wifi. It was more on H+ with the Rogers cell tower.
    01-05-17 10:36 AM
    I think I did post a screenshot in here, but you have to go back a bit

Edit: there was another thread in our 9900 forum where someone first told us about the fast Speedtest, I think thats where I posted a screenshot. Can't remember which thread it was, maybe this one, not sure
    01-05-17 10:38 AM
    I have deleted all unwanted service books. This solved the problem. Getting 3mbps..can't believe
    01-05-17 01:18 PM
    Screenshot
    [IMG]html>
    <head><title>302 Found</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>302 Found</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    [/IMG]
    01-05-17 01:19 PM
    Good Grief! That's WAY more expensive than Amazon US. Here that BlackBerry Speaker is $11.98 and that INCLUDES Prime Shipping and delivery. Just proves that in the US, BlackBerry is considered a LONG GONE SUNSET PRODUCT, but in Canada.... it's STILL a commodity. As it should be!

I ordered another one, simply because it's so cheap here. I use mine all the time for music and for Phone calls. They are GREAT for BOTH. If you have a streaming account with Slacker Radio ($3.99 a month unlimited), the Slacker App STILL works on BlackBerry BIS. But... You MUST have an account because the App is old enough (and never updated by Slacker) were it was not designed for Advertisements to be included, and without a subscription, you will get ads, and since the App can't handle it, it locks you out as a free listener and simply does not work at all without a subscription. But with a subscription, it's stellar. One of the best music apps to ever grace a classic BlackBerry, IMO.

Dang, I wish I had jumped on a few more BlackBerry MUSIC GATEWAYS when they were being blown out by Amazon US. They were dirt cheap. I should have stockpiled them. Bluetooth receivers that small and that good and that CHEAP are such a great bargain.
    01-05-17 01:37 PM
    Good Grief! That's WAY more expensive than Amazon US. Here that BlackBerry Speaker is $11.98 and that INCLUDES Prime Shipping and delivery. Just proves that in the US, BlackBerry is considered a LONG GONE SUNSET PRODUCT, but in Canada.... it's STILL a commodity. As it should be!

I ordered another one, simply because it's so cheap here. I use mine all the time for music and for Phone calls. They are GREAT for BOTH. If you have a streaming account with Slacker Radio ($3.99 a month unlimited), the Slacker App STILL works on BlackBerry BIS. But... You MUST have an account because the App is old enough (and never updated by Slacker) were it was not designed for Advertisements to be included, and without a subscription, you will get ads, and since the App can't handle it, it locks you out as a free listener and simply does not work at all without a subscription. But with a subscription, it's stellar. One of the best music apps to ever grace a classic BlackBerry, IMO.

Dang, I wish I had jumped on a few more BlackBerry MUSIC GATEWAYS when they were being blown out by Amazon US. They were dirt cheap. I should have stockpiled them. Bluetooth receivers that small and that good and that CHEAP are such a great bargain.
    Nope, just time on radio app and it's still perfect. I have Spotify on my iPhone and iPad and that gets used more right now.

Ya I mean if I pay $80 I may as well forget the Bose eventually, almost the same price, depending on the seller.

I'm ok with ear buds too
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    01-05-17 05:54 PM
    Please also tell me if there is any alternate way to increase volume as my volume up button is broken
    Help please, volume up button is not working but volume down was working. I have reduced media volume to 0 by mistake and there is no way to hear sound while watching videos. I'm sure there should be way
    01-06-17 01:09 AM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-s17_01_06__13_31_20.jpg

Screenshot after deleting service books. Getting higher speeds!
    01-06-17 02:27 AM
    Screenshots of remaining service books after deleting most of them

Attachment 415418
    01-06-17 02:33 AM
    Nope, just time on radio app and it's still perfect. I have Spotify on my iPhone and iPad and that gets used more right now.

Ya I mean if I pay $80 I may as well forget the Bose eventually, almost the same price, depending on the seller.

I'm ok with ear buds too
    Hey Ralph, do you pay for premium account for Spotify? If yes, the app for BlackBerry 9900 still works. For me ( Poland in Europe) but I suppose in Canada is the same.
    01-06-17 04:13 AM
    Help please, volume up button is not working but volume down was working. I have reduced media volume to 0 by mistake and there is no way to hear sound while watching videos. I'm sure there should be way
    The only way I think is to buy from, e.g. eBay
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILVER-FRONT...519?nav=SEARCH

With side buttons. Or dissamble your 9900 and check buttons. Manuals you have on YouTube.
    01-06-17 04:18 AM
    Hey Ralph, do you pay for premium account for Spotify? If yes, the app for BlackBerry 9900 still works. For me ( Poland in Europe) but I suppose in Canada is the same.
    I had no idea -- there seems to be no native Spotify for BlackBerry 10 (for Passport, anyway)! I'll check out the BBOS version.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    01-06-17 05:53 AM
    I had no idea -- there seems to be no native Spotify for BlackBerry 10 (for Passport, anyway)! I'll check out the BBOS version.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Based on version number Spotify for BlackBerry OS seems to be like beta edition but it works. Only with premium account (due to fact that at the time when it was developed there wasn't something like freemium option with advertisement. ) but for me it is full functional. Offline mode works, song skeeping, etc.

Also in BBW there is Deezer.
    01-06-17 08:08 AM
    My bad, I meant "Tune In" radio.

Nope just the free version on iPhone and it's ok, but the commercials can be a pain, but I'm not complaining

I did see the Spotify app for the 9900 the last time I checked...
    01-06-17 11:02 AM
    Email recommendation: I've got a 9900 and AT&T with Bis. If I want to setup an email account nowadays on the device, are there any that work on the 9900 with 2-way sync of calendar and contacts?
    01-06-17 03:50 PM
    Email recommendation: I've got a 9900 and AT&T with Bis. If I want to setup an email account nowadays on the device, are there any that work on the 9900 with 2-way sync of calendar and contacts?
    My 9900 is on ATT with BIS. Gmail has good (actually GREAT) sync with Calendar and Contacts. You set this up in email. The Gmail app is no longer used with BIS. It's all done in email setup. I also sync Contacts and Calendar with my business email (I own the domain) and I can sync perfectly just like Gmail. I also use Yahoo.com for email because my personal email is through ATT U-Verse and that uses Yahoo as the base. It syncs perfectly as well.

The strength of BIS is the automation and syncing of email, contacts, calendar and travel plans via BlackBerry Travel. IMO, BlackBerry Travel on BIS still works better (and more automated) than any travel app like Tripit. And via Nobex contact capture, you get automated capture of contact.

So just set up your email, under options choose SYNC (click the boxes) for Contacts and Calendar, and off you go. If you don't see a box, it means your provider is not allowing BIS to access the Sync function. Most I have tried sync beautifully.
    01-06-17 09:02 PM
    I still say BlackBerry needs something that will get people in the show rooms something revolutionary and I still think this would do it…

https://www.cnet.com/news/a-keyboard...touch-screens/

Whatever brings this type of technology into production is going to be revolutionary now why haven't they done it! BlackBerry absolutely needs something like this.
    01-06-17 09:27 PM
    My 9900 is on ATT with BIS. Gmail has good (actually GREAT) sync with Calendar and Contacts. You set this up in email. The Gmail app is no longer used with BIS. It's all done in email setup. I also sync Contacts and Calendar with my business email (I own the domain) and I can sync perfectly just like Gmail. I also use Yahoo.com for email because my personal email is through ATT U-Verse and that uses Yahoo as the base. It syncs perfectly as well.

The strength of BIS is the automation and syncing of email, contacts, calendar and travel plans via BlackBerry Travel. IMO, BlackBerry Travel on BIS still works better (and more automated) than any travel app like Tripit. And via Nobex contact capture, you get automated capture of contact.

So just set up your email, under options choose SYNC (click the boxes) for Contacts and Calendar, and off you go. If you don't see a box, it means your provider is not allowing BIS to access the Sync function. Most I have tried sync beautifully.
    Omg, that's so good to hear! I'll throw together a gmail account for my 9900 vacations, import my exchange address books and calendars, and see how it works! Any other gotchas on the 9900 side when adding the email account? Will just be a standard @gmail mailbox.
    01-06-17 09:40 PM
    I'm not able to setup gmail account using logicmail

Outgoing server connection is successful but incoming is not working

Tried lot of tutorials but didn't work. Imap and pop3 both are enabled in gmail settings

Not sure what else I can try

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    01-07-17 05:42 AM
    I'm not able to setup gmail account using logicmail

Outgoing server connection is successful but incoming is not working

Tried lot of tutorials but didn't work. Imap and pop3 both are enabled in gmail settings

Not sure what else I can try

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    If you have BIS, why you use LogicMail?
    01-07-17 07:42 AM
    No idea which model this is supposed to be9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483809846.847248.jpg

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483809877.681609.jpg
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    01-07-17 11:25 AM
    I also sync Contacts and Calendar with my business email (I own the domain) and I can sync perfectly just like Gmail.
    Thank you for the enthusiasm BBerryPoweruser... my new gmail account worked great! The 9900 is rocking again.

I also have my own email address, and have a G Suite account as well. My primary email is currently with Exchange 365 (not G Suite). Are you using G Suite? Does it work as good as a straight gmail account on BIS?
    01-07-17 06:40 PM
    I don't have BIS
    01-08-17 03:34 AM
8,754 ... 167168169170171 ...