That's great to know. I have been thinking of buying the bold 9900 lately. BIS is the only issue I will have to face. So, I was wondering if logicmail works fine. Now that's a sigh of relief! So, now the time has come for me to buy it, I might order it in a few seconds. Lol

Also, I would like to know if the OS version you have mentioned is the latest?

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    Yes. It's the latest OS. But don't count on LogicMail. I use a workaround. Have a look at the guide to using the Bold 9900 without BIS stickied in this forum. There's a fairly thorough discussion of LogicMail in that thread.

Sent from mTalk
    11-06-16 08:54 PM
    Lol, why are you so against the passport ralph? For me it's one of the most innovative blackberry that has everything I could ask for. But, since I miss the 9900 and OS 7, I am just buying it to accompany my Passport. The bold 9900, the classic and the passport are siblings. Let's embrace their kinship rather than making them fight each other. Lol

+1 for dual carry! No better way to leverage the best of both platforms.
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-06-16 09:10 PM
    Well, I ended up having to unlock the phone, and then re-install the service books. Then enter the APN (it's clearly been a while since I set anything up). But it's all good now.

SIM works, LogicMail works, MMS is good, Tapatalk is fine. Kindle and the browsers are functioning. Books and bookmarks are still there. They sure knew what they were doing when they set up the BBOS backup system.
    No the ultimate question arises, how long will you be using it

I still am not sure if by switching too much between the iPhone and the 9900, that the Sim card made some issues the last time around. But considering my service books only start working once, and it's a pretty easy fix.�
    11-06-16 09:15 PM
    Lol, why are you so against the passport ralph? For me it's one of the most innovative blackberry that has everything I could ask for. But, since I miss the 9900 and OS 7, I am just buying it to accompany my Passport. The bold 9900, the classic and the passport are siblings. Let's embrace their kinship rather than making them fight each other. Lol

OK this is where it's time for me to take the heat off myself ;-)

http://forums.crackberry.com//blackb...rt-se-1087636/

It's not that I'm against any BlackBerry it's just that I'm more pro 9900 ;-)
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-06-16 09:17 PM
    No the ultimate question arises, how long will you be using it
    Well, I'm back on the Q10, because it's set up for work. I have a few changes to make before I switch back to the 9900. The biggest drawback is that I can't use simplenote. But it's fine. I just have to copy the notes over to Outlook and USB sync.
    11-06-16 09:33 PM
    OK this is where it's time for me to take the heat off myself ;-)

http://forums.crackberry.com//blackb...rt-se-1087636/

It's not that I'm against any BlackBerry it's just that I'm more pro 9900 ;-)
    The Passport still intrigues me. I've been wondering lately if the screen is more like the crisp, bright 9900 LCD, or more like the yellowish AMOLED on the Q10. I guess it's inevitable that I'll try one out at some point.
    11-06-16 09:36 PM
    Four days ago I posted a little survey to Twitter here with the results, I'm not sure Apple will catch up to android though for users.9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1478492576.801003.jpg
    11-06-16 10:23 PM
    The Passport still intrigues me. I've been wondering lately if the screen is more like the crisp, bright 9900 LCD, or more like the yellowish AMOLED on the Q10. I guess it's inevitable that I'll try one out at some point.
    Been a passport user here for more than 6 months and my experience is just pure awesome. It has a fluid OS and a clear crisp screen for viewing every single documents, Web pages..etc. I am sure once you use the passport for a month, it will be hard to go back to the Q's, mainly due to the real screen estate and the raw power. If your a person who loves to read, edit and view emails, documents etc, the passport is a no brainer. For me personally, I would love to carry the bold with me for the calls and texts. Since, it's more handy to hold and talk. While, I would prefer my passport for all other stuffs. The bold has a better form factor but apart from that the passport is in a class of its own.

11-06-16 10:47 PM
    +1 for dual carry! No better way to leverage the best of both platforms.
    So true! High five Steve ;-) Most of them use either a droid or ios with blackberry. But, I feel the BBOS with BB10 is the right combination for true productivity and work.

Last edited by Farzeen25; 11-06-16 at 11:55 PM.
    idssteve likes this.
    11-06-16 10:48 PM
    Yes. It's the latest OS. But don't count on LogicMail. I use a workaround. Have a look at the guide to using the Bold 9900 without BIS stickied in this forum. There's a fairly thorough discussion of LogicMail in that thread.

Sent from mTalk
    Thanks for the tip pal, I will definitely look into it. :-)

11-06-16 10:49 PM
    There's no doubt 9900 screen is bright and I find it way too bright. I was so glad I found that screen dim app when I did because I was literally getting headaches in the evenings. Even on the dimmest 10% it's still more than bright enough for outside on the factory default settings.

If you want to see a yellowish screen you should see my iPad with night mode night shift turned on.
    11-06-16 11:34 PM
    Four days ago I posted a little survey to Twitter here with the results, I'm not sure Apple will catch up to android though for users.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1478492576.801003.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	411523
    Google with android has consumed the entire mobile market. Apple will never be able to catch up with android. This is the saturation point. From here however hard they try, they will never be able to compete and take over the market share from Google.

11-06-16 11:59 PM
    There's no doubt 9900 screen is bright and I find it way too bright. I was so glad I found that screen dim app when I did because I was literally getting headaches in the evenings. Even on the dimmest 10% it's still more than bright enough for outside on the factory default settings.

If you want to see a yellowish screen you should see my iPad with night mode night shift turned on.
    Hey Ralph, I just love your videos mate. I hope to see more of the 99 videos coming ...Thanks a ton for always keeping us engaged and making us buy BBOS 7 devices. If blackberry had known that you were the reason for all the device purchases, they would have made you the official blackberry representative for crackberry lol :-D

11-07-16 12:03 AM
    Google with android has consumed the entire mobile market. Apple will never be able to catch up with android. This is the saturation point. From here however hard they try, they will never be able to compete and take over the market share from Google.

Yeah totally I mean android is so huge there's so many different types of android phones, that alone is like oversaturation. I do like how Apple works and navigates, I am on my iPhone now and I like that I can voice to text because I absolutely hate typing on this thing. But this is also why it makes so many errors, and I have to go back and fix them like I am right now.

I'm probably going to use this iPhone until Christmas or just after. I should be using the 9900 right now for CrackBerry because it works for many things without BIS but it's out of my reach LOL. It just doesn't have BIS because the Sim card is in the iPhone right now, just clarifying :-)
    11-07-16 12:28 AM
    Hey Ralph, I just love your videos mate. I hope to see more of the 99 videos coming ...Thanks a ton for always keeping us engaged and making us buy BBOS 7 devices. If blackberry had known that you were the reason for all the device purchases, they would have made you the official blackberry representative for crackberry lol :-D

Ha ha thanks and yeah I will be making more I'm sure.

Is there any money involved being the official BlackBerry representative? Ha ha now I do it I guess just because I love typing on it so much, etc.

Geez now I feel guilty for saying what I did about the iPhone in the previous post

But to be honest I'm just kind of testing out this iPhone really well to get my moneys worth out of the battery I put into it. Also because ios10 was a disaster for this thing and I want to see if it keeps functioning well on 10.1.1, for now.
    11-07-16 12:30 AM
    Four days ago I posted a little survey to Twitter here with the results, I'm not sure Apple will catch up to android though for users.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1478492576.801003.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	411523
    "Google Global" is getting SO many fingers into SO many corners... Worrisome enough to collect so many eggs into a single basket. Especially combined with Google's demonstrated disdain for basic ethics, imo. A troubling development, at the least, imo.

In not too full disclosure, I once worked at pre-Oracle Sun, in one of several previous lives. No small few of old friends feel really abused by Google. To this day, they, like myself, have NOthing to do with Big G.

Likewise, an even more previous "white shirt, blue suit" life at Big Blue historically predisposed me against Apple. Arbitrary prejudice can get pretty silly, sometimes. Lol. BUT, based on actions, I'll take big A's iEthics over G-ethics, ANY day... Fwiw.
    11-07-16 02:52 AM
    "Google Global" is getting SO many fingers into SO many corners... Worrisome enough to collect so many eggs into a single basket. Especially combined with Google's demonstrated disdain for basic ethics, imo. A troubling development, at the least, imo.

In not too full disclosure, I once worked at pre-Oracle Sun, in one of several previous lives. No small few of old friends feel really abused by Google. To this day, they, like myself, have NOthing to do with Big G.

Likewise, an even more previous "white shirt, blue suit" life at Big Blue historically predisposed me against Apple. Arbitrary prejudice can get pretty silly, sometimes. Lol. BUT, based on actions, I'll take big A's iEthics over G-ethics, ANY day... Fwiw.
    Good points, I really don't get why so many Americans love to hate on Apple. Do they really want to see a Korean manufacturer like Samsung blow them away? I mean it's an American company they're providing jobs and it's big enough like GM and could probably ruin the economy if they failed. I don't see the same Bashing for Google.

It's like if you praise apple in some other threads you are practically banished for life. But we need to compare devices so we know what we're up against. If we buy a new car we test drive different models and brands and talk to others that own them.

Considering how late Sammy phones get any critical updates and how now their washing machines are exploding, maybe people will learn. But I doubt it. I never once had a bad BlackBerry update.
    11-07-16 03:29 AM
    So true! High five Steve ;-) Most of them use either a droid or ios with blackberry. But, I feel the BBOS with BB10 is the right combination for true productivity and work.

Yep, I carry PP, along with 99, on days when anticipating needing its strengths. PP is a PDF beast, for example. Using it simultaneously with my 99, one in each hand, inevitably has me resting a corner or edge of PP against my chest or available table, etc to achieve efficient single handed use. I can see where it might be a super "double thumber" for many uses. My company uses far too many one-off unique acronyms & nomenclature for efficient "flick" typing, tho.

Likewise, my Q has gathered dust for several years. Mostly because lack of tool belt makes a single thumb too short or too fat TOO often. For my use anyway. We edit many thousands of spreadsheet cells per year. A miserable experience on Q or Z, imo.

9900s are THE masters of single handed spreadsheet work! I'll frequently grab a 99 over a desktop! MS should sell 9900 handsets as entry terminal accessories for Excel, imo.

Far most often, I pack a Classic along with 99 and consider it to be the most single handed friendly of BB10. Two single handed friendly handsets make for best double fisted simultaneous experience, imo. Much like on our 99s, the Classic's toolbelt places nearly full command under a single thumb. Not quite as refined as our 99s tb implementation but about 85%, imo. And that's pretty good! .
    11-07-16 03:58 AM
    I agree with what is said, in that my dislike of Google surpasses my dislike of Apple.. However, it's two different things.. Google's 'unethical' in regard to privacy issues while Apple has its tax evasion issues. Still, I chose an Apple phone over an Android one. But in part that's a negative choice. No Google, therefore Apple.. It's really a shame that BlackBerry went Android, imo.
    11-07-16 04:01 AM
    Yeah, it's a shame but they really have little option, at this point. Can't blame BBRY for exploiting a "free" OS, I guess. If that "free" OS were some other product, it might be viewed as market destructive "dumping"?? Idk.

It's easy to see the $$ attraction in consumer market. Some of us have long wished BB would've branched off with a "consumer" division. Possibly droid based. Possibly called BlueBerry or something? AND continued with a "Professional" BlackBerry niche product line perpetuating 9900 features. Oh well, where's that Time Travel app when you want it... Lol.
    lenze likes this.
    11-07-16 04:26 AM
    is there any indian user who can sell me used 9900?
    11-07-16 04:54 AM
    Well, I'm back on the Q10, because it's set up for work. I have a few changes to make before I switch back to the 9900. The biggest drawback is that I can't use simplenote. But it's fine. I just have to copy the notes over to Outlook and USB sync.
    Try Memotoo again* (if you still have a user account) - I know that the owner/developer had been doing some work to improve syncing with Simplenote. I can't test it now as I no longer have a working 9900.

*I know that we had previously discussed this, it may be better than it was.

NB. The Simplenote android apk works on the Q10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-07-16 08:13 AM
    Try Memotoo again* (if you still have a user account) - I know that the owner/developer had been doing some work to improve syncing with Simplenote. I can't test it now as I no longer have a working 9900.

*I know that we had previously discussed this, it may be better than it was.

NB. The Simplenote android apk works on the Q10

Now that you mention it, I will.

So my memotoo account had lapsed. But it reactivates if you sign in with the same credentials. I added Simplenote, and set the sync at one hour, and I'll give it a try later today. We'll see if it's fixed.

And yes, I'm using the Android Simplenote on the Q10 too. It's one of the Android apps that works brilliantly on BB10.

Someone started to build a Simplenote client for BB OS years ago, but left it unfinished. In any case, it was targeted at the older version of the service. I looked around for a J2ME client, but couldn't find one.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    11-07-16 09:09 AM
    Try Memotoo again
    So the integration between Memotoo and Simplenote works, with one exception (as far as I can tell). You can create and edit notes from the Bold 9900/Memotoo side, but you cannot delete them. You can do everything from the Q10/Simplenote side.

Memotoo certainly serves an easy way to transfer all of your notes from Simplenote to the Bold 9900, but I think after making the transfer, I'd go back to USB/Bluetooth syncing my notes with Outlook, since everything works that way, and it achieves the same result: having the same notes on my BlackBerry and laptop.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    11-07-16 08:27 PM
    Well it was worth a try, and thanks for reporting back.
    In part, it's the reliable syncing of notes, tasks, calendars and Email that has enhanced my enjoyment of the Q10 - and made it a little easier to move away from my 9900 ... but I still miss that trackpad!
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    11-08-16 12:23 AM
8,754 ... 141142143144145 ...