My 9900 is repaired. So I'll install 7.1.0.1098 and reinstall everything from my last backup tomorrow. Nice to have it up and running again
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    11-05-16 10:34 PM
    Everything works great. I had an issue where I couldn't log into my BBID, but it seemed to resolve itself.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    Yeah but you're selling it so we still need to kick your butt
    11-06-16 12:33 AM
    Everything works great. I had an issue where I couldn't log into my BBID, but it seemed to resolve itself.

Remember I was going to trade my iPhone 5c to get an iPhone SE 64 GB for free. I could have kept both iPhones and traded in the BlackBerry moldy Boldy but I didn't
    11-06-16 12:35 AM
    My 9900 is repaired. So I'll install 7.1.0.1098 and reinstall everything from my last backup tomorrow. Nice to have it up and running again
    Just remember and remain calm, are you ready for it�� Here it comes�� Sorry there is no Pok�mon go. :-)
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-06-16 12:36 AM
    Any youtube app that works on bb7 as of now
    11-06-16 12:47 AM
    Just remember and remain calm, are you ready for it�� Here it comes�� Sorry there is no Pok�mon go. :-)
    One of the many reasons to like the 9900
    11-06-16 01:17 AM
    Any youtube app that works on bb7 as of now
    The native default shortcut that came with the bold works beautifully for me, and actually uploads to YouTube faster than my iPhone. No problems here. I have tried other apps in the past but they're mostly just YouTube viewers, It was very difficult finding YouTube uploaders. But I'm sure someone might know a couple.
    11-06-16 01:21 AM
    One of the many reasons to like the 9900
    It was kind of fun this summer I met a lot of people playing it and then you start talking to them and stuff. I'm waiting for that new zombie one that supposed to be coming out, augmented reality. You can bet people will be running into the street from getting hit by cars trying to avoid zombies on the sidewalks now.
    11-06-16 01:22 AM
    Yeah but you're selling it so we still need to kick your butt
    I'd rather it go to someone who will use it than sit in a drawer or collect dust on a shelf. I need to learn to let go of "stuff".

11-06-16 06:27 AM
    I'd rather it go to someone who will use it than sit in a drawer or collect dust on a shelf. I need to learn to let go of "stuff".

That's one hard decision to pull off!

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    11-06-16 06:45 AM
    I need to learn to let go of "stuff".
    Ditto.
    11-06-16 10:11 AM

Regret shall be a terrible burden to live with ;-)
    11-06-16 10:34 AM

Wait, you are not selling the passport? Didn't you have a terrible time typing on that thing? I mean a good PKB is a rare thing indeed that's why think you're going to regret selling the 99. It's a perfect device for typing, or if you're going to go backpacking or going somewhere where you don't care if you destroy a device, it might be perfect. Small enough to not be a hindrance, etc. I think it would be the passport I would get rid of and as many slabs as possible
    11-06-16 10:42 AM
    Is there anything that is not working on it now or?
    11-06-16 10:46 AM
    Is there anything that is not working on it now or?
    It seems that everything is working, but I haven't put the SIM in it yet. I've got it on the charger right now.

I followed these steps:

1. Installed OS 7.1.0.1098.

2. Restored my backed up third-party apps using BBSAK.

3. Restored other apps and settings from a backup using BlackBerry Desktop, which also restores your wallpaper, app screens, folders, and puts all of the apps in the proper places. You might have a small amount of reorganizing to do, but it's just the odd thing.

I haven't played around with it too much yet, but so far everything that was working before seems to be working now, and all my OS and app settings were restored, except the custom service books. So I'll have to restore those separately using BB Desktop.

The old motherboard's keyboard connector must have been damaged before I completely mangled it, because I had a brand new keyboard that wouldn't light up the Call and BlackBerry buttons before. With the new motherboard, it lights up perfectly. Nice benefit of the swap

The other perks of buying the parts unit: an absolutely perfect silver bezel (how do you break a screen without hitting the bezel at the same time?), a mint keyboard screw cover, and a complete spare screw set. Nothing else was worth salvaging, but those seem like nice extras.

One point I didn't know about until it was too late is that your motherboard might only work with a particular screen model! I got lucky. The screen in my unit was the same as the broken one in the parts unit. But there are several varieties and they don't all work together.
    11-06-16 01:20 PM
    Wait, you are not selling the passport? Didn't you have a terrible time typing on that thing? I mean a good PKB is a rare thing indeed that's why think you're going to regret selling the 99. It's a perfect device for typing, or if you're going to go backpacking or going somewhere where you don't care if you destroy a device, it might be perfect. Small enough to not be a hindrance, etc. I think it would be the passport I would get rid of and as many slabs as possible
    I returned the Passport to BlackBerry for a full refund. And I'm keeping my Q10.

But I don't plan to use a 9900/9930 again. As much as I love that little beast of a phone, it just isn't practical for me to do so. Aside from its lack of support for cloud-synced calendars, notes, and tasks, I would have to switch carriers back to Verizon, as my current carrier does not support BIS.

And I just hate to see a practically new 9930 never getting the use it was built for. It's time to send it off to a good home.
    11-06-16 01:36 PM
    It seems that everything is working, but I haven't put the SIM in it yet. I've got it on the charger right now.

I followed these steps:

1. Installed OS 7.1.0.1098.

2. Restored my backed up third-party apps using BBSAK.

3. Restored other apps and settings from a backup using BlackBerry Desktop, which also restores your wallpaper, app screens, folders, and puts all of the apps in the proper places. You might have a small amount of reorganizing to do, but it's just the odd thing.

I haven't played around with it too much yet, but so far everything that was working before seems to be working now, and all my OS and app settings were restored, except the custom service books. So I'll have to restore those separately using BB Desktop.

The old motherboard's keyboard connector must have been damaged before I completely mangled it, because I had a brand new keyboard that wouldn't light up the Call and BlackBerry buttons before. With the new motherboard, it lights up perfectly. Nice benefit of the swap

The other perks of buying the parts unit: an absolutely perfect silver bezel (how do you break a screen without hitting the bezel at the same time?), a mint keyboard screw cover, and a complete spare screw set. Nothing else was worth salvaging, but those seem like nice extras.

One point I didn't know about until it was too late is that your motherboard might only work with a particular screen model! I got lucky. The screen in my unit was the same as the broken one in the parts unit. But there are several varieties and they don't all work together.
    So we don't know if BIS is working nicely until you pop the sim in eh.
    11-06-16 01:45 PM
    So we don't know if BIS is working nicely until you pop the sim in eh.

BIS is never working on my carrier. :P So that part's a given!
    11-06-16 02:40 PM
    Well, I ended up having to unlock the phone, and then re-install the service books. Then enter the APN (it's clearly been a while since I set anything up). But it's all good now.

SIM works, LogicMail works, MMS is good, Tapatalk is fine. Kindle and the browsers are functioning. Books and bookmarks are still there. They sure knew what they were doing when they set up the BBOS backup system.
    11-06-16 07:04 PM
    Font sizes. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Whoever set up the fonts on the 9900 could have taught a thing or two to the BB10 team.
    11-06-16 07:06 PM
    Well, I ended up having to unlock the phone, and then re-install the service books. Then enter the APN (it's clearly been a while since I set anything up). But it's all good now.

SIM works, LogicMail works, MMS is good, Tapatalk is fine. Kindle and the browsers are functioning. Books and bookmarks are still there. They sure knew what they were doing when they set up the BBOS backup system.
    That's great to know. I have been thinking of buying the bold 9900 lately. BIS is the only issue I will have to face. So, I was wondering if logicmail works fine. Now that's a sigh of relief! So, now the time has come for me to buy it, I might order it in a few seconds. Lol

Also, I would like to know if the OS version you have mentioned is the latest?

11-06-16 08:15 PM
    But only in agenda view. 'Cause I guarantee you, if I was time travelling, I'd have an agenda!
    Enabling "Time Travel" function on your Classic might send you to the wrong month, tho, LOL... if using month view...

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20151101_141228.png

Hmm... how many days are in November? LOL... I'll stick with my 99's Calendar, thank you...
    11-06-16 08:20 PM
    Lol, why are you so against the passport ralph? For me it's one of the most innovative blackberry that has everything I could ask for. But, since I miss the 9900 and OS 7, I am just buying it to accompany my Passport. The bold 9900, the classic and the passport are siblings. Let's embrace their kinship rather than making them fight each other. Lol

David Tyler likes this.
    11-06-16 08:20 PM
    Font sizes. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Whoever set up the fonts on the 9900 could have taught a thing or two to the BB10 team.
    Haha... they'd have to have let a BBOS guy into the room with them for a couple minutes... or maybe pass around a 9900 for a few minutes...??? LOL... OR, maybe actually take the thing home with them and USE it for a week or so... lol. Mike was starting "clean slate new" because of a silly book he read, it seems. Abandoning that body of of UI experience was quite the tragedy of stupidity, IMO. Tragically dead ended migration path from legacy for far too many of us.
    11-06-16 08:37 PM
    That's great to know. I have been thinking of buying the bold 9900 lately. BIS is the only issue I will have to face. So, I was wondering if logicmail works fine. Now that's a sigh of relief! So, now the time has come for me to buy it, I might order it in a few seconds. Lol

Also, I would like to know if the OS version you have mentioned is the latest?

I'm hearing all carriers in usa will drop bis by 2017. If this affects you, think carefully about the 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-06-16 08:52 PM
8,754 ... 140141142143144 ...