If the video is small enough, you could email it to your iphone and watch there. Or, if you have an android (or a passport!), just move the sd card over and view the video on that.

You could try a different video player from the appworld. Maybe one works that will view multiple formats.
    Funny thing about that android tab E light Is that it was on Kitkat 4.4 And the last update available for it was January 2017, with no more software updates over the air for it so it was of no use to me. Nice enough bare-bones basic tablet but basically running no security on it.

Well dropbox allowed me to email and the videos are in 1080 P but it will not let me open the email for some reason so I have another micro SD to lightning adaptor coming and I will try it again on the iPhone or iPad because now I kind a know what to do with dropbox and the other video app those are the two most common ones supposedly.
    03-05-18 08:41 PM
    OK does anybody know a good multiformat video viewing app for the 9900?
    03-06-18 12:52 AM
    OK does anybody know a good multiformat video viewing app for the 9900?
    Have you tried VLC media player on your iPad? Assuming that's available (for iOS) and you can use Dropbox or some other method to get one or two files across you could test. It's pretty good at playing most media files.

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    03-06-18 02:18 AM
    Have you tried VLC media player on your iPad? Assuming that's available (for iOS) and you can use Dropbox or some other method to get one or two files across you could test. It's pretty good at playing most media files.

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    I did I put both of those on the iPad/iPhone and I even bought the $40 Apple SD to Lightning but even the Apple tech guy at Bestbuy couldn’t get the files to view inn those apps. (I returned it) At least on the Android tab I was able to see them except for 6 that would not show a thumbnail and failed to work. Now it COULD be that he didn’t wait long enough and the bestbuy wifi he connected my iPhone to was weaker. But I do have another cheaper SD/Micro to Lightning coming through eBay and I will definitely try again now that I know how to use those apps.

Yes, everything is available for iOS in the App Store
    03-06-18 02:22 AM
    Yes, everything is available for iOS in the App Store
    Well obviously I knew that but --- I don't like to too helpful to iOS users
    03-06-18 05:29 AM
    I did I put both of those on the iPad/iPhone and I even bought the $40 Apple SD to Lightning but even the Apple tech guy at Bestbuy couldn’t get the files to view inn those apps. (I returned it) At least on the Android tab I was able to see them except for 6 that would not show a thumbnail and failed to work. Now it COULD be that he didn’t wait long enough and the bestbuy wifi he connected my iPhone to was weaker. But I do have another cheaper SD/Micro to Lightning coming through eBay and I will definitely try again now that I know how to use those apps.
    Perhaps it's time to buy a proper computer?! In addition to solving your video file problems, just think of all the fun you could have flashing your old BlackBerry with OS7 updates .... oh hang on a minute, we don't get updates
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    03-06-18 05:32 AM
    So I googled and found an app called SRT for the 9900 and it is an avi video viewer app but the 9900 won’t let me install it. Even on Opera Mini (full of certificate failures now) or Google. I even sent the SRT website link from App World to my Twitter and tried to use the 9900 on Twitter (desktop and app) and no dice. Pretty frustrating. What a difference a year makes.
    03-06-18 10:12 AM
    Even on Opera Mini (full of certificate failures now) or Google.
    I've been getting plagued with certificate failures recently
    I'm hanging on in there for now but it does rather distract from the joys of using my 9900. Most recently it's picking up an 'expired certificate' on my home WiFi router, very irritating. Still you've got to love that keyboard
    03-06-18 10:17 AM
    So I googled and found an app called SRT for the 9900 and it is an avi video viewer app but the 9900 won’t let me install it.
    Presumably it (or nothing else suitable) is available in the BB World app store ...?
    03-06-18 10:18 AM
    I can't help feeling that there should be a way to accept and store certificates as known/safe - to stop those pesky notifications.
    If there is, I don't know how to do it - ever hopeful that someone will provide the magic bullet ....
    03-06-18 10:21 AM
    I'm hanging on in there for now but it does rather distract from the joys of using my 9900. Most recently it's picking up an 'expired certificate' on my home WiFi router, very irritating. Still you've got to love that keyboard
    Wonder about changing the date on the 9900s to get around that issue, would that make a difference for this?
    03-06-18 10:30 AM
    Wonder about changing the date on the 9900s to get around that issue, would that make a difference for this?
    Perhaps, but I need 'real-time' dates as I use the 9900 for my work, calendars, responding to Email Outlook invitations etc. etc.
    03-06-18 11:18 AM
    These certificates errors are driving me nuts. I'm now having problems accessing some of my favorite websites, regularly visited on my 9900. The problem seems to be getting worse, in my experience. Any other 99xx bold users experiencing the same. I close to throwing in the towel
    03-09-18 11:39 AM
    These certificates errors are driving me nuts. I'm now having problems accessing some of my favorite websites. Seems to be getting worse, in my experience. Any other 99xx bold users experiencing the same. I close to throwing in the towel
    I've been having the same issues for a while now, probably about 6 months, one of the errors said the website was trying to use my data to sell, or something of that description. There are some websites you wouldn't think are selling your data to marketing companies but it's making the browsing experience so bad, even just using the google search engine i get these security warnings. i'm gonna try and stick it out as long as i can before fully stopping use of the 9900 but that will depend on how long my network will support BIS and i already have a Classic since December that i've been only using for whatsapp so it will be easy to switch over fully.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-09-18 11:45 AM
    I've been having the same issues for a while now, probably about 6 months, ......
    ....... i'm gonna try and stick it out as long as i can before fully stopping use of the 9900 but that will depend on how long my network will support BIS and i already have a Classic since December that i've been only using for whatsapp so it will be easy to switch over fully.
    Thanks for your feedback. Good to know it's not just me. I have had a Q10 (since launch) so could switch to that, but other than the browser I tend to find BB10 less useful for my requirements than OS7.
    I'm reluctant to move my SIM card into the Q10 or indeed my KEYone, which is my WiFi only, home use device. Perhaps I'll try dual carry for a while. Browsing on the go is not the most important function to me, otherwise I wouldn't still be with the 9900, but the reality is in 2018 you need to frequently access the web.
    03-09-18 01:18 PM
    Thanks for your feedback. Good to know it's not just me. I have had a Q10 (since launch) so could switch to that, but other than the browser I tend to find BB10 less useful for my requirements than OS7.
    I'm reluctant to move my SIM card into the Q10 or indeed my KEYone, which is my WiFi only, home use device. Perhaps I'll try dual carry for a while. Browsing on the go is not the most important function to me, otherwise I wouldn't still be with the 9900, but the reality is in 2018 you need to frequently access the web.
    My Classic is at wifi only status too haha, i will eventually probably have to retire the 9900 because without BIS it wont work for emails and BBM without wifi and probably wont even work with wifi if the BIS server is shut down. OS7 does offer some better things, my main thing is the memopad, it's one of the best, i just wish that Whatsapp had it's blackberry support extended until 2019

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-09-18 01:33 PM
    Browser usage is irrevelant to me. I can do google searches just fine so long as I don't click the links. If I need more, I'm always around a desktop at work or at home. If I anticipate a definite need for browser on the go (Black Friday shopping for instance), I'll move the Sim a day then back. I want to enjoy my Blackberry as long as possible, as my work may force me to use iOS soon.

Well, I could dual carry still.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-09-18 02:39 PM
    Browser usage is irrevelant to me. I can do google searches just fine so long as I don't click the links....
    I also don't need or use the browser much and like you I do most of my content-rich Web work on other devices. However, there are times when the 9900 is my only device to hand, and then I like to be able to use the browser to access certain (usually not especially content-rich) sites.
    Here's an example (on another thread) of where certificate errors are killing that capability. /blackberry-bold-series-f235/bold-99xx-working-dead-apps-list-1075860-post13151473/
    I just wish I had the knowledge to drill into the settings and define certain sites/certificates as safe.
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 03-11-18 at 04:19 AM.
    03-10-18 04:12 AM
    I've been using Y-reader lately. I've decided that it's a pretty decent epub reader for OS6/7 after all if you turn off all radios. That way, there are zero ads ever. I've figured out the commands except for one.

If anyone here uses it, do you know how to scroll backwards? SPACE will page down, but how to page up?

03-10-18 08:12 PM
    I've been using Y-reader lately. I've decided that it's a pretty decent epub reader for OS6/7 after all if you turn off all radios. That way, there are zero ads ever. I've figured out the commands except for one.

If anyone here uses it, do you know how to scroll backwards? SPACE will page down, but how to page up?

I've never used the Y-reader app but, will shift-space or alt-space page backwards?
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 03-11-18 at 03:34 PM.
    03-11-18 08:15 AM
    That doesn't work, already tried. I guess I'll have to use the trackpad then on non-touchscreen Blackberries.

BTW, there's a Wall Street Journal reporter on Crackberry. he wants to write an article about why we fans love our BBs so much. In our case, those legacy Bolds. Keep an eye out for him and put in a good word for the 99s!

03-15-18 01:07 PM
    That doesn't work, already tried. I guess I'll have to use the trackpad then on non-touchscreen Blackberries.

BTW, there's a Wall Street Journal reporter on Crackberry. he wants to write an article about why we fans love our BBs so much. In our case, those legacy Bolds. Keep an eye out for him and put in a good word for the 99s!

Reporters name? We won’t know who to look for.

And we need Steve to answer that question.
    03-15-18 04:50 PM
    His name is Vipal on crackberry. I think he is watching the WSJ thread on general discussion. He also gave me his wsj.com email if anyone here wants to be interviewed and quoted and become famous.

Typed on the physical keyboard of my vintage BlackBerry 9800
    03-15-18 04:56 PM
    Never mind. Article came out on WSJ. It was a simple filler piece, basic human interest stuff. Nothing insightful.

Typed on the physical keyboard of my vintage BlackBerry 9800
    03-16-18 01:01 PM
    dunno about Y reader but kindle scrolls a page at a time with TrackPad and "space" and up with "alt-space". Y reader might utilize a different shortcut skeme, tho. I'd also try "u" for up or "p" for previous?? Or???

Lost my kindle after reloading OS (long story. Lol) and no-find on BBW. Just now found the old link I've used before. Probably around here also??

I'll post the link if wanted but no guarantees...???
    03-19-18 10:35 AM
8,754 ... 311312313314315 ...