Shuswap has mentioned that iexplorer site. It is all dead links. How frustrating. I updated the appworld on my 9300 to functionality, but I can't do it on my 9800. Grr.

On the other hand, I did find the PRO version of advanced LED/OS for free, so that was something.
    02-08-18 06:24 PM
    Shuswap has mentioned that iexplorer site. It is all dead links. How frustrating. I updated the appworld on my 9300 to functionality, but I can't do it on my 9800. Grr.

On the other hand, I did find the PRO version of advanced LED/OS for free, so that was something.
    Ya it has completely changed now. It is the same link where I found everything before, sad.
    02-08-18 06:26 PM
    Argh. Maybe I'll try to identify the right COD files for appworld v4 from my 9300 and see if I can make a JAD file from that. Sadly, I have never figured out how to make a correct JAR file on BBTools. Last time, it said something like bad description and bad version number. Huh?
    02-08-18 06:38 PM
    AT LAST! I found it. Had to go to an Indonesia site after hours of searching and altering my search string, so I'm saving the link here:

Gudang Software & Aplikasi R&D Computer: BlackBerry

They have appworld v4.0.0.63 or 65 for OS5, OS6, OS7. OS6 even has an included jad file, so I was all set. I downloaded them all this time, just to be sure. They also have older BBM versions, if those are still usable. Maybe I should post that link on the BBOS Apps List thread, could be useful since it's NOT a dead link.
    02-08-18 10:08 PM
    AT LAST! I found it. Had to go to an Indonesia site after hours of searching and altering my search string, so I'm saving the link here:

Gudang Software & Aplikasi R&D Computer: BlackBerry

They have appworld v4.0.0.63 or 65 for OS5, OS6, OS7. OS6 even has an included jad file, so I was all set. I downloaded them all this time, just to be sure. They also have older BBM versions, if those are still usable. Maybe I should post that link on the BBOS Apps List thread, could be useful since it's NOT a dead link.
    Great Find! The links have been added to my working and dead apps site. Sadly, I can't update any links in the working and dead apps thread.

theiexplorers.com's links are definitely all dead. BlackBerry requested that @lyricidal stop hosting the apps. I can't imagine what harm it was doing them. Now that @Nguyen1 has found these apps, we have links to the BBM, BBWorld, and Facebook apps that were posted there. Hopefully more turn up in the future.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 02-09-18 at 08:40 PM.
    lyricidal and mushroom_daddy like this.
    02-09-18 08:04 PM
    BlackBerry OTA Downloads

Upon further inspection of their DMCA, it looks like just BBM was the issue as it was an old outdated version (or at least they claim mine was modified somehow, which it was not. Not sure what version they are on now). If people provide me newer updated .cod files I can gladly host them!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-09-18 08:44 PM
    The links have been added to my working and dead apps site. Sadly, I can't update any links in the working and dead apps thread.
    Good work, thanks for producing that page, a very helpful resource for the 99xx community
    02-10-18 03:32 AM
    Good work, thanks for producing that page, a very helpful resource for the 99xx community
    Thanks!
    02-10-18 09:53 AM
    They're back!!! Nice! And thanks!
    02-10-18 11:53 AM
    So, I have this DX-1 battery. It was stuffed into a dirt-cheap but fully functional 9800 I just bought off ebay. It was completely jammed in there, and I got a big red X when I tried to charge up the phone. At first, I thought the battery was swollen, and boy it took some muscle to pry it out of the phone. But after some research, I realized the 9800 isn't even compatible with this battery. Hm. Good thing I have a spare 9800 battery to get that 9800 up and running well.

Anyway, I want to know if there is a 3g GSM Blackberry phone that this battery will work with. I'm seeing Tour, Storm, Storm 2, Curve 8900, but I don't think any of them fit the 3G-GSM. Thoughts?
    DX1 fits 9650, a fave of mine, but vzw so...
    02-14-18 09:18 PM
    Has the 9900 really got the best BlackBerry keyboard, ever?!
    Discuss here - /blackberry-bold-series-f235/keyboard-not-living-up-expectations-1137269/
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 02-17-18 at 10:16 AM.
    02-17-18 03:47 AM
    Is there an app to stop auto-rotation? My Torch likes to rotate into landscape mode although I prefer portrait mode. One thing I like about the Torch vs. the 9900 is that the touch screen is much bigger, thereby making it more useful as a touchscreen.
    02-22-18 08:28 PM
    Blackberry mentioned....

iPhone and Android Smartphone Duopoly Reaches Peak With Estimated 99.9% Market Share Last Year
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.ILZ5p
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-23-18 01:27 AM
    Blackberry mentioned....

iPhone and Android Smartphone Duopoly Reaches Peak With Estimated 99.9% Market Share Last Year
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.ILZ5p
    All tragic but true, oh how the mighty have fallen ...
    Even if BlackBerry does recover, any success will be hidden within the 'droid collective.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    02-23-18 02:16 AM
    Is there an app to stop auto-rotation? My Torch likes to rotate into landscape mode although I prefer portrait mode. One thing I like about the Torch vs. the 9900 is that the touch screen is much bigger, thereby making it more useful as a touchscreen.
    Is this still available?

http://blackberrycyber.blogspot.co.u...berry.html?m=1

You could also check the BB World for something called Lock Tilt or Stop Tilt, these come up in a Google search but I'm on my KEYone at the moment and can't check whether they are in the store.

EDIT: BBW links follow
    Rotation Lock – appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3425
    Lock Tilt – appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3087
    Stop Tilt – appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1861
    Smart Tilt – appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59252/

Disclaimer: I haven't tried/tested any of these, so no recommendations from me
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 02-23-18 at 04:16 AM.
    02-23-18 02:22 AM
    Assume everyone heard about this?

http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.IMwnj
    02-25-18 11:51 PM
    I love it when people give up too easily and throw away their "useless" phones. I just got an unactivated torch 9860 and curve 9330 practically free because they were bricked with the red light of death.

Not so. Oh, it took a bit of looking around to find an OS to download, plus figuring out how to bypass JVM, but I got both phones up after restoring the OS and running perfectly. Even unlocked the torch while I was at it. Why not, it's free to unlock BB legacy phones. The Torch 2 is awesome! Clearly a premium phone of its day, except no pkb unlike torch 1.

Oh, and in that batch of "dead" phones was a fully functional 9930 too. And another 99 that works but has a glitched screen (top half good, bottom half darkish). Anyone who knows how to replace a screen, it's yours if you want. I still have more phones in the batch to look over. The only thing stopping me is lack of battery, which I might grab off ebay for fun.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    mushroom_daddy and idssteve like this.
    03-01-18 12:51 PM
    Oh, and in that batch of "dead" phones was a fully functional 9930 too. And another 99 that works but has a glitched screen (top half good, bottom half darkish). Anyone who knows how to replace a screen, it's yours if you want. I still have more phones in the batch to look over. The only thing stopping me is lack of battery, which I might grab off ebay for fun.

Where are you based? I'm guessing, as you have a 9930, probably not in the UK. Otherwise, I might be interested in the 9900 with dead screen.
    Hopefully others in our 'Bold users' group will help take you up on the offer of legacy spares.
    03-01-18 02:25 PM
    I am in Sacramento, California, USA. Free 9930 for pickup to anyone local

I also have what looks like an 8520 with a messed up digitizer, another curve literally bent at any angle, and a trackpad curve (8220?) missing some innards. These are all unsalvagable for me.

I have a good looking pearl but no battery! Argh. No clue if it works but it's in good shape.

I want to get a 9360 battery. My 9360s look in good shape but no way to test without battery. I'm wondering, can you start up a BB with an incompatible battery just by touching the metal leads together?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-01-18 04:45 PM
    So for one full day I went to the Darkside, I needed a way to get the dash cam video off of the microSD card because our underground Parkade was broken into and several cars were broken into. (I’m surprised they didn’t smash my glass to steal my dashcam) I tried buying an Apple SD to lightning adaptor And using dropbox and the VLC apps it simply wouldn’t work. So I bought a very cheap android tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite. At least with this I was able to see the surveillance videos, with the apps mentioned above, but there was no way to save them and when I did email one it said file could not open. So I ended up returning the tablet.

So I have a question, I never even tried this yet on the BlackBerry in fact I never even thought about it but has anyone viewed dash cam video on their blackberry 9900 by popping in their micro SD card? As soon as I charge it up I’m going to give it a shot.
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 03-06-18 at 02:26 AM.
    03-05-18 03:05 PM
    Oh and the reason it won’t work with Apple is because they are AVI video files and I bought a cheaper dashcam and I cannot set to MP4 or MOV
    03-05-18 03:09 PM
    Ok with the card incerted into the 9900 it did recognize the videos and it played sound but no video.

03-05-18 03:23 PM
    I notice that my Storm will offer to adjust the format of a video file that I try to transfer from pc to sd card in phone. This prompt doesn't always appear, and I wish I knew how to trigger it every time if needed. If you see the prompt, say yes and the video may play on the bold.

You could always get a free youtube convertor online. Many of them can convert the format of a video file.
    03-05-18 03:47 PM
    I notice that my Storm will offer to adjust the format of a video file that I try to transfer from pc to sd card in phone. This prompt doesn't always appear, and I wish I knew how to trigger it every time if needed. If you see the prompt, say yes and the video may play on the bold.

You could always get a free youtube convertor online. Many of them can convert the format of a video file.
    Is there a setting on the 9900 that I can change to a different format to view the video manually?

Yeah but to get the videos on YouTube I would have to be able to get them off the device so I wouldn’t know how to do that, remember I don’t have a Microsoft computer.
    03-05-18 03:57 PM
    If the video is small enough, you could email it to your iphone and watch there. Or, if you have an android (or a passport!), just move the sd card over and view the video on that.

You could try a different video player from the appworld. Maybe one works that will view multiple formats.
    03-05-18 08:22 PM
8,754 ... 310311312313314 ...