Can someone with administrative rights add me to Still Bold?
    David Tyler is your man. I'll try and BBM him
    02-02-18 01:58 AM
    How do I take screenshot with 9900? Do I need an app for that?
    I use the Advance OS & LED app for screenshots, and a lot more.
    Filescout is another useful app that can add a screenshot function.
    02-02-18 02:00 AM
    How do I take screenshot with 9900? Do I need an app for that?
    “Screen Muncher” app is a good one
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-02-18 02:01 AM
    Can someone with administrative rights add me to Still Bold?
    There's a QR code on the Still Bold thread you could try https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12728166

I have also BBM'd DavidTyler conveying your interest
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-02-18 05:04 AM
    There's a QR code on the Still Bold thread you could try https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12728166

I have also BBM'd DavidTyler conveying your interest

Thanks!

I had PM'd David a while back. He must be up to other things (or he doesn't check his PMs -- and I don't think every version of the Tapatalk/CB apps necessarily alert you to PMs).

Anyways, I'll give the QR code a try when I grab my phone off the charger.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-02-18 08:24 AM
    Wait, does TCL have BlackBerry's secret sauce for radio/antenna design? That's part of the magic... So I whip out my 9900... and sure enough while everyone is saying they can't get coverage, I still get 2-3 bars.
    Got that right. My LG V20 has some neat features (like a removeable battery!), but my Bold does much better on signal. Sometimes I have to dial twice on the LG... /:-|

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-02-18 09:47 AM
    Thanks!

I had PM'd David a while back. He must be up to other things (or he doesn't check his PMs -- and I don't think every version of the Tapatalk/CB apps necessarily alert you to PMs).

Anyways, I'll give the QR code a try when I grab my phone off the charger.
    Sorry about that! I'll do better about checking PMs on this phone.

Too bad about the Passport... you could set up PIN messages to show up in the Hub. >sigh<

02-02-18 09:50 AM
    If anyone else wants to join the Still Bold BBM group, PM me. I'll do better about checking this app when I'm using my Bold!

02-02-18 09:59 AM
    Does anyone know what we should do about Blackberry Protect? Once the servers are down for good, this would no longer work, and attempts to reset a BB phone would never work again, right? The phones would just be bricked. Sort of like Palm phones but worse. Can Blackberry Protect be uninstalled or disabled on the 99? Just wondering.

At least BIS still functions on my ATT 99. I've re-installed logicmail, though, in case.
    02-04-18 09:29 PM
    Does anyone know what we should do about Blackberry Protect? Once the servers are down for good, this would no longer work, and attempts to reset a BB phone would never work again, right? The phones would just be bricked. Sort of like Palm phones but worse. Can Blackberry Protect be uninstalled or disabled on the 99? Just wondering.

At least BIS still functions on my ATT 99. I've re-installed logicmail, though, in case.
    B.B. Protect is something I like into but never bothered to activate or register. Why would the phones brick? Especially if we never activated Protect?
    02-04-18 09:41 PM
    Well, if you never activate Blackberry Protect, I think it's fine. Otherwise, I think it looks for your information on the server if you factory reset or something; at least, that was the impression I got from another post somewhere on Crackberry.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    02-05-18 12:37 AM
    My 9900's have always been registered on BB Protect and I use it to run a daily backup, which has saved me on more than one occasion in the past.
    It will be a shame to lose that facility, which undoubtably will stop working when the BIS plug is pulled. However, when BIS goes off that will be the least of our problems. I know that there are many workarounds, well documented by Shuswap and others in these forums, but personally I think that when BIS goes, I will probably have to look elsewhere. But that's still someway off in the future and there's still plenty of time to enjoy using our 99xx's – still time, still Bold
    02-05-18 02:29 AM
    Well, if you never activate Blackberry Protect, I think it's fine. Otherwise, I think it looks for your information on the server if you factory reset or something; at least, that was the impression I got from another post somewhere on Crackberry.
    It's easy enough to 'remove' a device using the BB Protect web portal, so presumably you have the option of doing that in advance of BIS going off
    02-05-18 02:34 AM
    B.B. Protect is something I like into but never bothered to activate or register. Why would the phones brick? Especially if we never activated Protect?
    The phones won't brick -- you just won't be able to use Protect. That's not a small thing, because in addition to being able to remotely shut down your phone if lost or stolen, you can back up and restore OTA. If Desktop Manager still works for you (mine doesn't; that's one reason my Bold isn't my daily driver anymore), you have the same functionality.

02-05-18 08:16 AM
    The phones won't brick -- you just won't be able to use Protect. That's not a small thing, because in addition to being able to remotely shut down your phone if lost or stolen, you can back up and restore OTA. If Desktop Manager still works for you (mine doesn't; that's one reason my Bold isn't my daily driver anymore), you have the same functionality.

I don’t have a desktop PC, haven’t since 2010. Not missing Microsoft at all.
    02-05-18 09:51 AM
    I, on the other hand, can't stand Macs. At work they have a Mac with a pad-thing instead of a real mouse, and it drives me crazy. I can't figure out the task bar menu, either.

So, Microsoft Windows for me. I even like Continuum.

I don't know why it's important for so many people to be able to browse on a phone. What a lousy experience. If I have to browse, at least give me a decent screen, like an ipad or a real monitor. I guess that's one reason why having a 9900 as my phone (and currently not dual carrying either) doesn't bother me.

One thing though - ebay refuses to recognize the 9900 browser. Oh well...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900!
    Berry Happy 2 likes this.
    02-05-18 05:56 PM
    I, on the other hand, can't stand Macs. At work they have a Mac with a pad-thing instead of a real mouse, and it drives me crazy. I can't figure out the task bar menu, either.

So, Microsoft Windows for me. I even like Continuum.

I don't know why it's important for so many people to be able to browse on a phone. What a lousy experience. If I have to browse, at least give me a decent screen, like an ipad or a real monitor. I guess that's one reason why having a 9900 as my phone (and currently not dual carrying either) doesn't bother me.

One thing though - ebay refuses to recognize the 9900 browser. Oh well...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900!
    I'm a Debian Linux user, but I agree about browsing on the desktop. Most of the time I use my laptop. It's so much better of an experience than any phone or tablet. And no matter how much I like my qwerty phones, typing with ten fingers is faster than using two thumbs!

It's weird that there's not a working ebay app for the 9900. AuctionMate still works on webOS, so ebay can't have changed their API in a looooong time. That would be potentially scary, except the shopping (ebay) and payment (paypal) sites are separate. I doubt I could actually still pay for an item through AuctionMate. But it's good for browsing and bidding.
    Berry Happy 2 likes this.
    02-05-18 07:09 PM
    Check to see whether the Ebay app is still available in the BB World. I have that installed on my 9900 and it works satisfactorily.
    02-06-18 12:21 AM
    So, I have this DX-1 battery. It was stuffed into a dirt-cheap but fully functional 9800 I just bought off ebay. It was completely jammed in there, and I got a big red X when I tried to charge up the phone. At first, I thought the battery was swollen, and boy it took some muscle to pry it out of the phone. But after some research, I realized the 9800 isn't even compatible with this battery. Hm. Good thing I have a spare 9800 battery to get that 9800 up and running well.

Anyway, I want to know if there is a 3g GSM Blackberry phone that this battery will work with. I'm seeing Tour, Storm, Storm 2, Curve 8900, but I don't think any of them fit the 3G-GSM. Thoughts?
    02-06-18 03:15 PM
    Check to see whether the Ebay app is still available in the BB World. I have that installed on my 9900 and it works satisfactorily.
    Are you actually buying anything through eBay on the 9900? Are you comfortable with the security to enter your credit card or debit card or PayPal?
    02-06-18 03:59 PM
    Are you actually buying anything through eBay on the 9900? Are you comfortable with the security to enter your credit card or debit card or PayPal?
    No I don't use the 9900 for any financial transactions. That's mainly because it's impractical, in that most banking apps etc., just don't work. But there's also the security concerns and I'd rather use my Mac's for such things. Nevertheless, the Ebay app on my 9900 works well enough to search and follow items etc. It just might be better to do that final PayPal transaction by another method. Not that I use Ebay for many things, other than buying used 9900's
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    02-06-18 04:51 PM
    So, I have this DX-1 battery. It was stuffed into a dirt-cheap but fully functional 9800 I just bought off ebay. It was completely jammed in there, and I got a big red X when I tried to charge up the phone. At first, I thought the battery was swollen, and boy it took some muscle to pry it out of the phone. But after some research, I realized the 9800 isn't even compatible with this battery. Hm. Good thing I have a spare 9800 battery to get that 9800 up and running well.

Anyway, I want to know if there is a 3g GSM Blackberry phone that this battery will work with. I'm seeing Tour, Storm, Storm 2, Curve 8900, but I don't think any of them fit the 3G-GSM. Thoughts?
    Lol, it sounded like a new find or cross use of D-X1 until the word 'jammed'. D-X1 and F-S1 (for 9800) share the same external charger though.
    BTW, D-X1 is for the Storm series, and there'a a Verizon Storm brand new on eBay at about U$50 or 60 at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-18 07:29 AM
    Ah, so maybe the dx1 battery did work but it was merely drained. Still, I'm not putting it back in the torch. If I can find a cheap storm 2, maybe I'll get it for fun.

Question: can anyone tell me where I can find a working link for OS6 appworld? I need to upgrade my 3.1.0.58 but I'm having no luck. It's driving me nuts, especially since I did it before but can't remember that link now...
    02-07-18 10:08 AM
    I don't know if D-X1 would work on the Torch. It's best to check the out put of the batteries before trying.

The site for Blackberry software is swdownloads.blackberry.com. Use only for your search string because if you just browse with that link it doesn't take you to any download page.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-18 06:43 AM
    Ah, so maybe the dx1 battery did work but it was merely drained. Still, I'm not putting it back in the torch. If I can find a cheap storm 2, maybe I'll get it for fun.

Question: can anyone tell me where I can find a working link for OS6 appworld? I need to upgrade my 3.1.0.58 but I'm having no luck. It's driving me nuts, especially since I did it before but can't remember that link now...
    There used to be just about all the important apps and downloads here, but now it looks totally different, take a look anyway, maybe it’ll work

http://www.theiexplorers.com/OTA/
    02-08-18 05:30 PM
8,754 ... 309310311312313 ...