The fact that this thread is closed is too heavy-handed for my taste. ....
    We know who he voted for now, that’s a given.

And since this is the off topic forum I can say that all I want.
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-23-18 12:25 AM
    We know who he voted for now, that’s a given.

And since this is the off topic forum I can say that all I want.
    ?! I'm somewhat confused
    01-23-18 02:08 AM
    I woke up to a weird message on my 9900 this morning, it was a whatsapp alert on the screen saying my number had been registered in another device and that if i wanted to continue using my account on the 9900 i needed to Verify, so i did this and it brought me to the registration, when i saw this i knew it wouldn't work again on my phone, i changed the date in my phone so it did bypass the registration but takes me to a different warning that's unpassable that says "this version is unsupported, please upgrade to the newest version" i'm guessing this is how Whatsapp are going to be unregistering the blackberry accounts by falsely registering the number on another server making sure we are unable to get back into the account on the phone, that's a really sneaky move for them to do that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-23-18 04:34 AM
    I woke up to a weird message on my 9900 this morning, it was a whatsapp alert on the screen saying my number had been registered in another device and that if i wanted to continue using my account on the 9900 i needed to Verify, so i did this and it brought me to the registration, when i saw this i knew it wouldn't work again on my phone, i changed the date in my phone so it did bypass the registration but takes me to a different warning that's unpassable that says "this version is unsupported, please upgrade to the newest version" i'm guessing this is how Whatsapp are going to be unregistering the blackberry accounts by falsely registering the number on another server making sure we are unable to get back into the account on the phone, that's a really sneaky move for them to do that.

Yep.
    Got the same thing.

Whatsapp is no longer accessible.

Have you tried moving your SIM to another supported device and registering with whatsapp ?
    ( my SIM is regular size and all my androids use nano )
    01-23-18 06:15 AM
    Yep.
    Got the same thing.

Whatsapp is no longer accessible.

Have you tried moving your SIM to another supported device and registering with whatsapp ?
    ( my SIM is regular size and all my androids use nano )
    no i can't do that either because my priv is nano sim and already has another sim in it and using whatsapp with a different number and i really wouldn't want to lose any information from there. i did download the android whatsapp for my Classic and i set it up and used WAAFixer so it's working good, i knew this day was coming when whatsapp would stop working i just never thought it would be done in such a sneaky and dishonest way, i could accept if i could no longer bypass the termination date and it was stuck like that, what i find absolutely shocking is that they were able to log my account out to make me re-verify which would mean i couldn't get back into the account on my phone since the stopped allowing numbers to register on BB devices, that was just beyond sneaky and dishonest.

01-23-18 06:22 AM
    no i can't do that either because my priv is nano sim and already has another sim in it and using whatsapp with a different number and i really wouldn't want to lose any information from there. i did download the android whatsapp for my Classic and i set it up and used WAAFixer so it's working good, i knew this day was coming when whatsapp would stop working i just never thought it would be done in such a sneaky and dishonest way, i could accept if i could no longer bypass the termination date and it was stuck like that, what i find absolutely shocking is that they were able to log my account out to make me re-verify which would mean i couldn't get back into the account on my phone since the stopped allowing numbers to register on BB devices, that was just beyond sneaky and dishonest.

Yes I agree , very sneaky way of terminating !!
    As for the Sim issue - I already have a nano on hand to transfer to.
    My question is , will the nano work with the Bold and BIS ?
    01-23-18 06:31 AM
    Yes I agree , very sneaky way of terminating !!
    As for the Sim issue - I already have a nano on hand to transfer to.
    My question is , will the nano work with the Bold and BIS ?
    I think you would have the same problem trying to get whatsapp to work even if you use a different sim and also if you don't have an adapter it could really damage the sim card reader, i really don't think whatsapp will work anymore on the 9900 especially after what they did today, i'm not sure if registering the number in an android/iphone would work, i tried the same method with Viber and it wouldn't work (they also disabled to registering feature but people with the app already registered can still use it today so they are not as bad as whatsapp)

01-23-18 06:40 AM
    I think you would have the same problem trying to get whatsapp to work even if you use a different sim and also if you don't have an adapter it could really damage the sim card reader, i really don't think whatsapp will work anymore on the 9900 especially after what they did today, i'm not sure if registering the number in an android/iphone would work, i tried the same method with Viber and it wouldn't work (they also disabled to registering feature but people with the app already registered can still use it today so they are not as bad as whatsapp)

Whatsapp will never again be able to function.
    ( along with a number of other apps )

My fear is once I transfer to nano , will I be able to use BIS ?
    01-23-18 06:45 AM

My fear is once I transfer to nano , will I be able to use BIS ?
    BIS is provided by your network as part of your data package agreement. In theory, changing the SIM (from micro) to a nano and keeping the same network number & package should not interfere with your access to BIS
    01-23-18 07:25 AM
    BIS is provided by your network as part of your data package agreement. In theory, changing the SIM (from micro) to a nano and keeping the same network number & package should not interfere with your access to BIS
    True
    01-23-18 07:28 AM
    ?! I'm somewhat confused
    Inbox
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    01-23-18 08:12 AM
    what i find absolutely shocking is that they were able to log my account out to make me re-verify which would mean i couldn't get back into the account on my phone since the stopped allowing numbers to register on BB devices, that was just beyond sneaky and dishonest.

As I recall with Viber, they just got you when you logged out yourself. Maybe at some point, they cut off the people who hadn't logged out.

Kik kept working for years after they ended support, but then one day you were logged out and couldn't log in.

C'est la vie. The companies are no more sneaky than we are
    01-23-18 08:51 AM
    As I recall with Viber, they just got you when you logged out yourself. Maybe at some point, they cut off the people who hadn't logged out.

Kik kept working for years after they ended support, but then one day you were logged out and couldn't log in.

C'est la vie. The companies are no more sneaky than we are
    WhatsApp BB10 developer explained that after 14 days from deadline, at SOME point, users would be blocked from server end.
    01-23-18 08:58 AM
    WhatsApp BB10 developer explained that after 14 days from deadline, at SOME point, users would be blocked from server end.
    Yeah. I read that and expected it. No complaints here. It was a good run.

FYI, dkonigsberg (the WhatsApp developer) is also the creator of LogicMail. A lot of 99xx users have benefited greatly from his work.
    01-23-18 09:53 AM
    Comparing reg Sim to micro /even though it is smaller the area which makes contact with the pins on phone is the same.

The nano Sim is much smaller .
    Once placed in the bold it will only make contact with a portion of the pins.
    Will it still work ?

Is anyone using their bold with this setup ?
    01-23-18 09:55 AM
    I use a micro SIM in a *Noosy adapter, others who are more confident/skilled just position the smaller SIM in the correct position (without adapter). There's no reason why you can't do either of the same with a nano SIM. The Noosy kit I have also has nano-standard adapter. Positioning a nano in the 9900 without an adapter would require confidence & dexterity that I don't have

*Image: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....BL._SX466_.jpg
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-23-18 10:57 AM
    Comparing reg Sim to micro /even though it is smaller the area which makes contact with the pins on phone is the same.

The nano Sim is much smaller .
    Once placed in the bold it will only make contact with a portion of the pins.
    Will it still work ?

Is anyone using their bold with this setup ?

It should work with a little bit of patience, if you take into consideration the dimensions of the metal contact area which remains even after cutting it. (see pic). The trick is to have an old modifiable regular sim card which will have a wider contact area or perhaps the Noosy adapter which works well enough when used carefully to avoid bending the contact strips. I can't recall right now when and if I used a nano sim with the 9900 but herewith you can see it with a micro sim card without any adapters at all.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-dscf7122.jpg
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20171127_172406.jpg
    01-23-18 02:09 PM
    Life in the all knowing Googleverse....

- Hello! Gordon's Pizza?
    -- No sir, it is Google Pizza.

- So, I have the wrong number?
    -- No sir, Google bought Gordon's Pizza.

- OK. Take my order please ...
    -- Well sir, you want the usual?

- The usual? How do you know me?
    -- According to your caller ID, the last 12 times, you ordered pizza with cheese, sausage, thick crust ..

- OK! OK! That's it.
    -- Sir, may I suggest to you this time ricotta cheese, arugula with sun-dried tomatoes?

- No, I hate vegetables!
    -- But your cholesterol is high!

- How do you know?
    -- Through the Lab subscriber's guide. We have the results of your blood tests for the last 7 years.

- Okay, but I want my regular pizza, I already take medicine.
    -- But sir, you have not taken your medicine regularly. Four months ago, you only purchased a box with 30 tablets at Drugsale Network.

- I bought more from another drugstore.
    -- It is not showing on your credit card.

- I paid in cash.
    -- But you did not withdraw that much cash according to your bank statement.

- I have other sources of cash.
    -- This is not showing on your last Income-Tax return, unless you got it from an undeclared source.

- WHAT THE H**L? Enough! I'm sick of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp. I'm going to an Island without Wi-Fi or internet. Where there are no cell phones or satellites to spy on me.
    -- I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport, as it has expired 5 weeks ago!
    rayporsche and littlebuff like this.
    01-23-18 10:35 PM

- Hello! Gordon's Pizza?

-- According to your caller ID, the last 12 times, you ordered pizza with cheese, sausage, thick crust ..

- OK! OK! That's it.
    -- Sir, may I suggest to you this time ricotta cheese, arugula with sun-dried tomatoes?

- No, I hate vegetables!

- How do you know?
    -- Through the Lab subscriber's guide. We have the results of your blood tests for the last 7 years.

-- But sir, you have not taken your medicine regularly. Four months ago, you only purchased a box with 30 tablets at Drugsale Network.

- I paid in cash.

-- This is not showing on your last Income-Tax return, unless you got it from an undeclared source.

- WHAT THE H**L? Enough! I'm sick of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp. I'm going to an Island without Wi-Fi or internet. Where there are no cell phones or satellites to spy on me.
    -- I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport, as it has expired 5 weeks ago!
    This new article agrees with you

Report: Screens are killing our happiness
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.H6Mfw
    01-24-18 01:04 AM

- Hello! Gordon's Pizza?

- OK! OK! That's it.

- No, I hate vegetables!

- How do you know?

- I paid in cash.

Hey there , Steve !
    How's it going ?
    Everything okay ?!

I agree with everything you said.
    ( especially the part about going away on the island !! )

Posted via CB10
    01-24-18 06:31 AM
    This new article agrees with you

Digital Technology And Touchscreens Are Transforming The Somatosensory Cortex Of Your Brain

Lol...
    01-24-18 07:33 AM
    Hey there , Steve !
    How's it going ?
    Everything okay ?!

I agree with everything you said.
    ( especially the part about going away on the island !! )

Posted via CB10
    Hey Goodayeh! How've you been? I'm doing better than I deserve! Lol. Just got involuntarily committed over here at Rehab, but... Lol. U2? Haha...

That was a cut & paste out of one of those emails that floats around... Sent a few months ago by an old friend & coworker who moved back to his quiet home town near Mumbai... To this day, he represents THE smartest human I've ever personally worked with! He's extracted ALL capacitive touch from his environment... And puts the battery in his non-touch BB about an hr each day... Lol. Fascinating fellow with fascinating ideas... Semi-retired... Again... Lol.
    01-24-18 07:49 AM
    Noosy makes good adaptors. Don't attempt to use a nano sim in the 990 without an adaptor or you'll be sorry. Also, a paper clip is useful to push the nanosim in right as you insert everything in the 9900.
    01-24-18 11:37 AM
    On the issue of SIM Card adapters, I had no problem positioning a micro SIM freely in my Bold, but the nano SIM is so small that it's hard to position by hand.

So I use one of the nano SIM adapters shown below.

It's difficult to see, but two of the little tabs end up underneath the nano SIM and two over top of it, so the card is held really securely, and there's little if any danger of it popping out and damaging your contacts upon removal.

I'm sure if you search in the regular places, you'll come across this style of adapter. I can't remember where I bought mine at this point.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-be8a161070e2e6bf771e9d187a5d2377.jpg
    rayporsche and mushroom_daddy like this.
    01-25-18 09:45 AM
    ^^THIS^^ !!!! SOooo many have begged for SOooo long for just THIS! Replicating their single most successful, and enduring, model of near perfection SHOULD be a no-brainer!! Precious little of ANYthing RIM/BBRY has done these past 7+ years betrays much evidence of "brain" to begin with, I suppose. Lol.
    Wait, does TCL have BlackBerry's secret sauce for radio/antenna design? That's part of the magic.

The other day I was in the shop picking up something and another customer comes in asking for help with her phone (looked like a massive Samsung) for some reason. The guy helping her said they couldn't do much because of all the metal around the structure nobody could get reception. The guy helping me said "Yup, my phone never works here either"

Well everywhere I go my BlackBerry phones always do better for reception than the phones my friends have. And I am with a carrier with reputedly the worst coverage.

So I whip out my 9900... and sure enough while everyone is saying they can't get coverage, I still get 2-3 bars.
    01-26-18 06:19 PM
8,754 ... 307308309310311 ...