My Bold is 4G.
    I remind any and all of the Still Bold chat on BBM -- which I'm thinking of re-naming "Meaningfully Bold."
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    01-03-18 03:44 PM
    I remind any and all of the Still Bold chat on BBM -- which I'm thinking of re-naming "Meaningfully Bold."
    Ha!

I may have to rejoin that if I end up getting a 9930.
    01-03-18 03:46 PM
    Ha!

I may have to rejoin that if I end up getting a 9930.
    You're always welcome either way, New.
    01-03-18 03:48 PM
    You're always welcome either way, New.
    That means I'd have to start using BBM again.
    01-03-18 03:52 PM
    That means I'd have to start using BBM again.
    True. I was about to throw in the towel, but I'm making good use of BBM Enterprise for my work peeps.
    01-03-18 03:53 PM
    I just ordered the following on eBay:

• Used Bold 9930 in "very good" condition for $24.99 and free shipping
    • New BlackBerry VM-605 (visor mount speakerphone) for $19.99 and free shipping

I'm waiting before I buy a swivel holster or charging pods to make sure I am OK with using the 9930.
    idssteve and mushroom_daddy like this.
    01-03-18 04:05 PM
    I just ordered the following on eBay:

• Used Bold 9930 in "very good" condition for $24.99 and free shipping
    • New BlackBerry VM-605 (visor mount speakerphone) for $19.99 and free shipping

I'm waiting before I buy a swivel holster or charging pods to make sure I am OK with using the 9930.
    Spare Batts & spare batt chargers are might handy... once you commit.. lol. There are still some 3600mah beasts available that'll run it several days... if you realy commit. Lol.
    01-03-18 04:18 PM
    My Bold is 4G.
    What carrier?
    01-03-18 04:20 PM
    My Bold is 4G.
    Mine too
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-dscf7072.jpg

I kind of like that old OS5 icon look so I installed the 'Classic 5 Theme' from BBworld hence the old look....
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-03-18 04:35 PM
    What carrier?
    It's AT&T, which calls their HSPA+ network "4G", not to be confused with 4G LTE.

I think Verizon's 3G network is comparable, if not faster than AT&T's 4G HSPA+ network when it comes to download and upload speeds.
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-03-18 05:00 PM

How long will Apple survive Google's "dumping" practice of driving all competitors from the market by flooding that market with "less than cost" Android OS product? Lol
    It kinda evens out tho I think, because as we know Apple doesn’t make ANYTHING cheap, but what they do is keep their older models around for a few years longer (and they are proven by benchmark to be much faster, more future proofed) and offer them at huge discounts. (Updates after several years are a norm with Apple) So that is basically how they compete with cheaper Android phones.

What I don’t understand is the reasoning behind Apple offering BOTH the iPhone 6 “new” and the iPhone 7 “new” ON CONTRACT for $0 here if you sign a 2 year contract. So basically you get the device for nothing BUT WHO is going to choose the 6 over the 7 lols.

I guess the only way this makes sense for Apple is if people that want to outright buy and own the device, then they could save $ by buying the older model.
    01-03-18 05:16 PM
    It's AT&T, which calls their HSPA+ network "4G", not to be confused with 4G LTE.
    That is ko-rect!
    01-03-18 05:53 PM
    It kinda evens out tho I think, because as we know Apple doesn’t make ANYTHING cheap, but what they do is keep their older models around for a few years longer (and they are proven by benchmark to be much faster, more future proofed) and offer them at huge discounts. (Updates after several years are a norm with Apple) So that is basically how they compete with cheaper Android phones.

What I don’t understand is the reasoning behind Apple offering BOTH the iPhone 6 “new” and the iPhone 7 “new” ON CONTRACT for $0 here if you sign a 2 year contract. So basically you get the device for nothing BUT WHO is going to choose the 6 over the 7 lols.

I guess the only way this makes sense for Apple is if people that want to outright buy and own the device, then they could save $ by buying the older model.
    That's exactly the point.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-03-18 06:01 PM

I think Verizon's 3G network is comparable, if not faster than AT&T's 4G HSPA+ network when it comes to download and upload speeds.
    Yep. Just wondering if TMo or ?? still BIS?
    01-03-18 06:25 PM

Hmm... is the 6 smaller form factor or?? I know next to nothing about iPhone but suspect it'll get harder for Apple to turn profit on hardware sales alone as Google tightens its anti-competitive practices? Tough to compete against "free" OS. Especially when that "free" OS can callude with and potentially manipulate search engine results? Imo. How is iPhone browsing compatibility holding up?
    01-03-18 06:47 PM
    Hmm... is the 6 smaller form factor or?? I know next to nothing about iPhone but suspect it'll get harder for Apple to turn profit on hardware sales alone as Google tightens its anti-competitive practices? Tough to compete against "free" OS. Especially when that "free" OS can callude with and potentially manipulate search engine results? Imo. How is iPhone browsing compatibility holding up?
    6, 6S, 7 and 8 are basically near identical with the difference between the 7 and 8 and the 8 being 1mm bigger, and the 8 has a glass back for the first time that allows QI compatibile wireless charging. But the 10 or “X” is the totally new beast.

In fact, I just ordered this new case yesterday and they advertise it for the 7 AND the 8 because they dimensions are so close.

And I am supporting the American economy because the eBay seller is in St.Paul Minnesota.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3480.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3481.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3482.jpg

My browser is still fast but after a couple or few years you would notice some slowdown.

Yes I know about the battery processor slowdown and Apple being sued in multiple countries over it right now.
    01-03-18 06:58 PM
    Rant alert!

Really trying to "like" life without toolbelt on this K1. Once again, I'm reminded of why I love toolbelt everytime I attempt to select text for editing. How do glass phreaks control blood pressure while "herding cats" ?? Ug. What a GUI DOWNgrade!!!!!!!! Grrrr....

If my thumbs were tranperant... lol. So frustrated I've even been pondering possibilities for embedding a display into my thumbnail to display what's under that big fat thumb!!!! Grrrr....

OK, rant off.

Lol.
    01-03-18 07:00 PM
    Actually funny thing is back in June I ordered the “aqua” case identical to the Blue and Gold in my last post but some buddies teased me the colour was “off” haha

Here is that review vid from June......

01-03-18 07:02 PM
    6, 6S, 7 and 8 are basically near identical with the difference between the 7 and 8 and the 8 being 1mm bigger, and the 8 has a glass back for the first time that allows QI compatibile wireless charging. But the 10 or “X” is the totally new beast.

In fact, I just ordered this new case yesterday and they advertise it for the 7 AND the 8 because they dimensions are so close.

And I am supporting the American economy because the eBay seller is in St.Paul Minnesota.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3480.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	432915Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3481.JPG 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	432916Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3482.JPG 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	432917

My browser is still fast but after a couple or few years you would notice some slowdown.

Yes I know about the battery processor slowdown and Apple being sued in multiple countries over it right now.
    So, you're not noticing any Web page incompatibilities on your iPhone?
    01-03-18 07:05 PM
    So, you're not noticing any Web page incompatibilities on your iPhone?
    Not sure what you mean????

Because everything just works on the iPhone for me.
    01-03-18 07:06 PM
    Not sure what you mean????

Because everything just works on the iPhone for me.
    That's what I mean. Sounds good.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-03-18 07:08 PM
    That's what I mean. Sounds good.
    What I don’t like is the keyboard so I use voice to text a lot but even that has some errors I have to edit
    01-03-18 07:16 PM
    01-03-18 07:41 PM
    Yep, that's why BlackBerry's stock price enjoyed a surge today.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-03-18 08:00 PM
    Ok so have you heard about this? It’s bad. I wonder if Blackberry Legacy is susceptible.....

My iPhone is because it uses an ARM Processor.

https://betanews.com/2018/01/03/melt...re-apocalypse/
    01-03-18 11:34 PM
8,754 ... 300301302303304 ...