Hmm I wonder if this qualifiesAttachment 432884
    Haha... "breakroom consensus" has long held that toolbeltless BB10 should have been sold under "Blueberry". Lol. Maybe AndyBerry might be more appropriately "Raspberry"...??? Lol.

All said, REAL Blackberrys have Toolbelts, imo.

Of course I'm getting the impression that REAL Canadians don't wear gloves... ?? Haha...
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    01-03-18 07:32 AM
    soooooo we can still get even more off topic right ? going for a drive now and will leave the 9900 behind at least for a while that is hahaha y'all have a great boldy day.............

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-dscf5769.jpg
    anon(10321802) and RaybanRJ like this.
    01-03-18 07:34 AM
    Haha... "breakroom consensus" has long held that toolbeltless BB10 should have been sold under "Blueberry". Lol. Maybe AndyBerry might be more appropriately "Raspberry"...??? Lol.

All said, REAL Blackberrys have Toolbelts, imo.

Of course I'm getting the impression that REAL Canadians don't wear gloves... ?? Haha...
    Agree that's the only thing I don't like about my P9983 the toolbelt situation.
    anon(10321802) and idssteve like this.
    01-03-18 07:38 AM
    Agree that's the only thing I don't like about my P9983 the toolbelt situation.
    My biggest complaint with the Q. A tragic miscalculation on RIM's part that stranded far too many loyal BB users. Given the time demanded to "sort of" implement toolbelt into Classic, I remain convinced that Q's abandonment of toolbelt had far more to do with coding delays and deployment schedules than ANY "real" or perceived usefulness of the 1/4" added to the bottom of the Q's 1:1 screen. Imo.

PKB handsets work best when sized to accommodate solid grasp. Like our 9900s, Q achieved pretty optimal form factor, overall. Problem was, despite the laughably insignificant addition to screen size provided by abandoning toolbelt, Q screen is still too small for comfortable touch operation. Imo.

Toolbelts mostly make screen size irrelevant to operation. For both tiny and for huge screens. I get FAR more done on 9900 with relatively tiny screen than ever achieved on toolbeltless Q, or Passport or K1. Classic comes closest to challenging 9900, despite it's ridiculous oversize, thanks to its toolbelt. My monstrously gargantuan K1 could be SO much better with a toolbelt!
    anon(10321802) and rayporsche like this.
    01-03-18 08:31 AM
    “Meaningful” posts ONLY? Most people in a Crackberry will not find the 9900 “meaningful” to them so how is this defined?
    This is a real eyebrow-raiser. A "meaningful" post in CrackBerry..? Do they mean "meaningful" posts in among all the incessant bickering about BlackBerry 10 and pointless speculation about what BlackBerry should have done to stay in the phone business..?

Asking for "meaningful" posts _anywhere else_ on CrackBerry is one of life's little ironies.

But, hey, we also can't question a moderator's decision, right? -- or else we'll get a nastygram. Pfft.
    01-03-18 08:39 AM
    That's true so now we can be on topic or sooooooooooooo off topic after all we all in 'Rehab", like Steve said this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. That been said we should start a thread on the other side making reference to this one for the uninitiated that may need some of the valuable & useful information that can only be found on this one.
    Now back to the off/on topic thingy, I've just sold my last Iphone and frankly I feel liberated it is just like my available time went up about 40%, the rooted & seriously molested Galaxy Note I lend to a friend so 2018 it's going to be strictly BBOS & BBOS10, I get to play with my favorites now while liberating one hand in the process, if people only knew how cool it could be.

Attachment 432890
    Attachment 432891
    Nice collection
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-03-18 11:30 AM
    Haha..

Only if we want arthritis, but our “free” health care will take care of that
    01-03-18 11:32 AM
    My biggest complaint with the Q. A tragic miscalculation on RIM's part that stranded far too many loyal BB users. Given the time demanded to "sort of" implement toolbelt into Classic, I remain convinced that Q's abandonment of toolbelt had far more to do with coding delays and deployment schedules than ANY "real" or perceived usefulness of the 1/4" added to the bottom of the Q's 1:1 screen. Imo.

PKB handsets work best when sized to accommodate solid grasp. Like our 9900s, Q achieved pretty optimal form factor, overall. Problem was, despite the laughably insignificant addition to screen size provided by abandoning toolbelt, Q screen is still too small for comfortable touch operation. Imo.

Toolbelts mostly make screen size irrelevant to operation. For both tiny and for huge screens. I get FAR more done on 9900 with relatively tiny screen than ever achieved on toolbeltless Q, or Passport or K1. Classic comes closest to challenging 9900, despite it's ridiculous oversize, thanks to its toolbelt. My monstrously gargantuan K1 could be SO much better with a toolbelt!
    Well yesterday I used my custom ordered hip holster hard plastic belt clip for my iPhone 7 and it was like having the end of a baseball bat shoved in my ribs while I was driving. Even if you twist the things sideways then the iPhone sticks out so far it’s snags on everything and probably would break the hinge. One thing 9900 users probably take for granted is the nice form factor size of the 99. It just doesn’t get “in the way.”
    01-03-18 11:35 AM
    This is a real eyebrow-raiser. A "meaningful" post in CrackBerry..? Do they mean "meaningful" posts in among all the incessant bickering about BlackBerry 10 and pointless speculation about what BlackBerry should have done to stay in the phone business..?

Asking for "meaningful" posts _anywhere else_ on CrackBerry is one of life's little ironies.

But, hey, we also can't question a moderator's decision, right? -- or else we'll get a nastygram. Pfft.
    Yeah I was just shocked when I saw that when I logged into desktop mode on CrackBerry. I sure wish I could login into CB Again on my 9900 but because I made the account on Tapatalk, this new account that is, it absolutely will not take.

We can clearly remember how nice it was in the 9900 forum, in this thread, when all the bad news went down about BB10, people were absolutely frantic and defiant about losing updates and having to eventually leave their BB10. “HOW LONG CAN WE USE THEM, WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT UPDATES, WHAT ABOUT SECURITY?” At that point, we were already using a device that had lost updates a few years before that and everything was still working beautifully on the 9900 as far as I’m concerned, until Zuckerberg started pulling the plug on Facebook and WhatsApp. Those were the first things to not work if I recall correctly. Even towards the end of 2016, or when I made those 9900 videos showing how everything worked, everything worked AS GOOD Or better than on my iPhone 5c which was two years old at that point and still very capable. I did that one video where I compared them both and the 9900 was faster by a small margin, probably because there’s no bloatware. One beautiful advantage of Facebook on the 9900 Was simply that there were no app updates for quite some time and that kept the app fast. It’s unbelievable in iOS, every 10 days there is a 300 to 500 MB update to Facebook and I can feel the iPhone 7 getting slower when I haveto load that app, it’s ridiculous (and they NEVER say what the update contains and ever since iOS 11 now they don’t even show how BIG the update is!)

But anyway to sum up this thread was always civil, for 99.99 percent of the time but it’s funny how because someone will report one little spat, and the whole thread gets tarred and feathered and sent to a corner because of that.
    01-03-18 11:46 AM
    Hey Steve, you and Ray can talk freely about your PorscheS is in here now ;-)

But it will only be relevant until I get my challenger hellcat and then I’ll race you both ;-)
    anon(10321802) and rayporsche like this.
    01-03-18 11:51 AM
    Hey Steve, you and Ray can talk freely about your PorscheS is in here now ;-)

But it will only be relevant until I get my challenger hellcat and then I’ll race you both ;-)
    Haha... it could be argued that mine's not a "real" Porsche... sort of a BB10 of Porsche, EXCEPT they didn't toss EVERYthing they'd ever knew when designing it. AND they weren't idiotic enough to kill off their 911 just to sell "consumer models". Sort of reverse RIM/ML approach. Lol. Suits my use case best... but who'd turn down a Carrera? Lol. Who'd turn down a decently updated 9900? Lol.
    RaybanRJ and rayporsche like this.
    01-03-18 12:06 PM
    Love to have one of the Porsche Design Bold. I am following one of these P'9981 bid on eBay and hope the final price is not getting too high. Would be an wonderful addition to my collection.

BTW, while trying to educate myself the meaning of meaningful, and as usually do when getting to a new place, I wondered around to get familiarized with the place and looked into some of the neighboring threads. Indeed there are great posters and great posts. But looking at the majority of the posts and the facts that they are there, 'meaningful' has a different meaning here, let's call it rehab-meaningful, which is meaning nothing at all and some time degradation of sanity. That makes 'meaningless' means a lot.
    01-03-18 12:19 PM
    Well yesterday I used my custom ordered hip holster hard plastic belt clip for my iPhone 7 and it was like having the end of a baseball bat shoved in my ribs while I was driving. Even if you twist the things sideways then the iPhone sticks out so far it’s snags on everything and probably would break the hinge. One thing 9900 users probably take for granted is the nice form factor size of the 99. It just doesn’t get “in the way.”
    Yeah, after using z30 and D60, I can see why users seem convinced that bigger makes glass gui easier. Absolutely opposite of PKB requirements. Typing this on my humongous K1 over lunch. UG!! Feels too much like I'm guiding an 18 wheeler up CA hwy 1. Lol.

We'll soon enough be handed an "offer we can't refuse" to choose between a choice of monster tablets with telephony capability tacked on OR a choice of monster tablets with telephony capability tacked on. Any flavor you want so long as it's glassdroid. Lol.

How long will Apple survive Google's "dumping" practice of driving all competitors from the market by flooding that market with "less than cost" Android OS product? Lol
    01-03-18 12:33 PM
    Love to have one of the Porsche Design Bold. I am following one of these P'9981 bid on eBay and hope the final price is not getting too high. Would be an wonderful addition to my collection.

BTW, while trying to educate myself the meaning of meaningful, and as usually do when getting to a new place, I wondered around to get familiarized with the place and looked into some of the neighboring threads. Indeed there are great posters and great posts. But looking at the majority of the posts and the facts that they are there, 'meaningful' has a different meaning here, let's call it rehab-meaningful, which is meaning nothing at all and some time degradation of sanity. That makes 'meaningless' means a lot.
    Haven't heard a peep from any of "the usual suspects". Yet. Maybe we've been banished to an obscure enough gulag that trolls don't venture? Lol.
    01-03-18 12:45 PM
    Yeah, after using z30 and D60, I can see why users seem convinced that bigger makes glass gui easier. Absolutely opposite of PKB requirements. Typing this on my humongous K1 over lunch. UG!! Feels too much like I'm guiding an 18 wheeler up CA hwy 1. Lol.

We'll soon enough be handed an "offer we can't refuse" to choose between a choice of monster tablets with telephony capability tacked on OR a choice of monster tablets with telephony capability tacked on. Any flavor you want so long as it's glassdroid. Lol.

How long will Apple survive Google's "dumping" practice of driving all competitors from the market by flooding that market with "less than cost" Android OS product? Lol
    How soon is "soon?" I hope they at least let you ride the 99XX train to the end of the line in 2019.
    01-03-18 12:47 PM
    Haven't heard a peep from any of "the usual suspects". Yet. Maybe we've been banished to an obscure enough gulag that trolls don't venture? Lol.
    They're busy in other threads at the moment. So much trolling to do, so little time.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-03-18 12:48 PM
    How soon is "soon?" I hope they at least let you ride the 99XX train to the end of the line in 2019.
    Fwiw, my company's IT says his "contact" assures him that VZW plans to ride BIS to the end... Fwiw. I know that he completely missed the VZW visual voice-mail fiasco so... ayor. Lol.

Like many engineers, I'm perpetually preparing plan b, c, d, .... But that doesn't make Plan A irrelevant until "the fat lady sings" ... or the bugler Taps... lol.
    01-03-18 12:59 PM
    Rant warning!

Editing text without tool belt is a USDA Grade A Royal PITA! !!!!! Ug!!!

Rant over. Lol.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-03-18 01:03 PM
    Fwiw, my company's IT says his "contact" assures him that VZW plans to ride BIS to the end... Fwiw. I know that he completely missed the VZW visual voice-mail fiasco so... ayor. Lol.

Like many engineers, I'm perpetually preparing plan b, c, d, .... But that doesn't make Plan A irrelevant until "the fat lady sings" ... or the bugler Taps... lol.
    That's helpful info. If I go back to a 99XX, I plan to go with Verizon as the carrier, since they likely still have the best and most extensive 3G network in the US.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-03-18 01:26 PM
    Rant warning!

Editing text without tool belt is a USDA Grade A Royal PITA! !!!!! Ug!!!

Rant over. Lol.
    One of the many reasons I'm leaning towards getting a 9930 vs a Q10.

The Q10 is appealing for its ability to cloud-sync multiple calendars, but I'm trying to wean myself off of cloud-based services anyway and keep as many things local to my phone as possible (making sure to back up at least weekly, of course).

The Q10 also likely has greater longevity, with its ability to run Android apps.

I'll probably pick up both devices again, eventually.

But the more I read this thread, the more the 9930 beckons.
    01-03-18 01:30 PM
    My blog post is live! It's about a 10 minute read.

https://medium.com/@dallincrump/why-...y-aa906cb28c12
    01-03-18 02:10 PM
    My blog post is live! It's about a 10 minute read.

https://medium.com/@dallincrump/why-...y-aa906cb28c12
    That's a good one buddy thank you for sharing !
    01-03-18 02:24 PM
    That's a good one buddy thank you for sharing !
    Thanks for the claps!
    01-03-18 02:35 PM
    That's helpful info. If I go back to a 99XX, I plan to go with Verizon as the carrier, since they likely still have the best and most extensive 3G network in the US.
    Yeah, other than visual voice mail, VZW 3G still seems pretty solid. Quite a few times it's able to function when Classic doesn't, for example. Still, my IT guy got surprised by the visual voice mail thing. AND he missed the dropbox thing. So... Grain of salt... Lol

My guys are usually ahead of him concerning BB but we've been SOoo crazy busy these past few years. Some competitors have abandoned attempting to compete with us and are referring their clients to us for a particular auditing activity. Little do they know our secret. Lol. A secret destined to be crippled in a couple years. BUT we don't need BIS for performing that auditing service so...

My "smart guys" are planning to dig into some "hybrid" ideas for extending 99 service... ?? If time ever permits. We'll see.

Onedrive still works, btw.
    01-03-18 02:57 PM
    My Bold is 4G.
    01-03-18 03:43 PM
8,754 ... 299300301302303 ...