Very true! We are in violation of the terms and agreements for talking about the 9900 and other legacy devices in this forum!

OH NO!!!! I MUST BE Severely reprimanded because I don’t know what I’m talking about anymore!!!!
    I declare your post to be "not meaningful" and, therefore, banish you to the Phantom Zone.
    01-02-18 12:18 PM
    I declare your post to be "not meaningful" and, therefore, banish you to the Phantom Zone.
    *sniff* but but.....it’s “meaningful” to me *sniff*

OH NO!!!!!! CB has forsaken thou!
    ColinsCity likes this.
    01-02-18 12:21 PM
    Explain?

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3403.jpg
    01-02-18 12:24 PM
    Lol, it's well pass midnight here and I am laughing out.
    I was about to post that this should be taken as an opportunity and we should make the most out of being OFF TOPIC. You guys beat me to it.
    I've always loved creativeness, adaptability and good sense of humor.

To stay ON TOPIC, one of the shop here used to sell a lot of this bezel. Made in China and there were no diamonds but glass of course.

What is this? Attachment 432859
    Disclaimer: I tried my best but I am not sure if this post is meaningful. It's a tough one, this being meaningful thingy. But I did try.
    anon(10321802) and RaybanRJ like this.
    01-02-18 12:33 PM
    Attachment 432850

This has to be the most INSULTING thing I have ever read in here! I never saw this in Tapatalk and I wouldn’t have seen it if I didn’t go to desktop mode.

So because this was a popular thread in the 9900 forum we are penalized for talking too much!!!

Unbelievable!!

“Meaningful” posts ONLY? Most people in a Crackberry will not find the 9900 “meaningful” to them so how is this defined?

If someone (and many have) compared a 9900’s keyboard to a Priv’s keyboard, is the PRIV not “meaningful” because it is off topic and not STRICTLY about the 9900!?

Again unbelievable! If this is how contributers will be treated in here there is no logic to it after how long we have been active in here and that counts for nothing obviously.

Another slap in the face!
    It just shows you what type of person would put this threat into that category. And also by definition we are violating the rehab and off topic guidelines because we are talking about something meaningful and related to the 9900/9930. The person who put us in the rehab is the one who needs a recoding for his brain.
    01-02-18 12:42 PM
    I prefer a white 9900 actually, I really miss my white 9780 that I bought an all gold chassis for, have you seen that video? I can post.

BTW is that a windows phone in your first pic, the one plugged in? It doesn’t look like an apple lightning charging cable so it’s either an android or Windows phone?

Just curious.

UH OH! I went OFF TOPIC and mentioned a windows phone and a 9780, both of which have NOTHING to do with the main title of this thread!!!! May God have mercy on my soul!

My bad.

Now this thread will get moved to the Windows section for miscellaneous rambling.
    I used to have a red metallic chassis for my 9700, it was amazing and that phone was so easy to change chassis, it was the first chance I had to have a white Bold haha
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-02-18 12:47 PM
    Lol, it's well pass midnight here and I am laughing out.
    I was about to post that this should be taken as an opportunity and we should make the most out of being OFF TOPIC. You guys beat me to it.
    I've always loved creativeness, adaptability and good sense of humor.

To stay ON TOPIC, one of the shop here used to sell a lot of this bezel. Made in China and there were no diamonds but glass of course.

Disclaimer: I tried my best but I am not sure if this post is meaningful. It's a tough one, this being meaningful thingy. But I did try.
    I think it’s an Otterbox but I am not sure, I don’t understand the the piece on the left is for.

OH NO!!! This is not the Bold Otterbox thread, I sincerely apologize to whomever is reading and humbly accept my apologies for offending anyone.
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    01-02-18 12:48 PM
    I am about to report this thread for being ON-topic. This is the Rehab & OFF-TOPIC Lounge, Boldies! If you keep this up, this thread won't belong here either.
    Looks like we don't belong anywhere anymore [sob--QUIETLY¡] Maybe there's a Hell in a Handbasket forum that can be created for us. It now appears we are forbidden from being OFF-topic or ON-topic here in No-Man's Land, where we are mercilessly crowded together inside a single thread of existence.

For those more easily offended, I meant a "Heck-in-a-Handbasket" forum. If we are banished to Hell I certainly would not send anybody there in a Handbasket.
    01-02-18 01:22 PM
    Looks like we don't belong anywhere anymore [sob--QUIETLY¡] Maybe there's a Hell in a Handbasket forum that can be created for us. It now appears we are forbidden from being OFF-topic or ON-topic here in No-Man's Land, where we are mercilessly crowded together inside a single thread of existence.

For those more easily offended, I meant a "Heck-in-a-Handbasket" forum. If we are banished to Hell I certainly would not send anybody there in a Handbasket.
    Heck-in-a-Handbasket forum? You mean the iMore forums?
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-02-18 01:29 PM
    Heck-in-a-Handbasket forum? You mean the iMore forums?
    Imore is pretty dead compared to us on the 9900 forum, I mean the rehab forum, I mean......I don’t know what I mean anymore but I do know they should be happy we were ON TOPIC 99.99% of the time in here and keeping Blackberry Legacy’s memory and useage alive.
    Berry Happy 2 likes this.
    01-02-18 01:32 PM
    Haha... Getting pretty smoky in this handbasket... Lol. But why go to H**l (capital H**l is a proper noun... NOT an Expletive!) when H**l is coming to us??!! Lol.

Moving to "off topic" forum might turn out to be a blessing in disguise? Lol. A blessing from above or below would be a logical question. lol.

Yet, there are SOoo many treasures in this thread relevant to 9900 and WHY we still favor and use 9900s. The WHY we still favor 9900 is really what I perceived as primary motive behind Ralph/Rayban's OP. Of course OP is TRULY still here and certainly competent at speaking for himself... Lol. There's no explaining the "why" we favor 9900 without tying the handset's use to life. Life that inevitably rests OUTside of the device. Maybe a concept too far to grasp by folks trained to focus both hands, both eyes and both cerebral hemispheres into operating "relevant" android handsets?? Idk.

I do suspect, however, that the mod may have felt they were doing us some sort of favor by not closing and deleting the whole thing. ??

Remember: "...they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys...". Lol. Illusions of relevance aside, we are guests in THEIR domain. Just reality.

Yet, again, the 9900 relevant treasures imbedded in this thread might prove useful to anyone curious about 9900. I, for one, wonder what possibilities might exist to establish a "why we love 9900" sticky that might include some relevant portions of Resurgence?? A collaborative project? Idk. ???
    anon(10321802) and RaybanRJ like this.
    01-02-18 02:08 PM
    On the topic of using a 9900/9930 with gloves, here is (was) an excellent use case:

01-02-18 03:13 PM
    On the topic of using a 9900/9930 with gloves, here is (was) an excellent use case:

Good find! But from someone who works in biomedical sciences, I have to report (sadly) that nowadays BlackBerry 9900s are as rare as hens teeth; apart from myself, I don't know any colleagues with a BlackBerry.

Funny that this video was followed by a Q10 v Z30 comparison by Newfangled -- do we know him?!
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    01-02-18 04:33 PM
    Good find! But from someone who works in biomedical sciences, I have to report (sadly) that nowadays BlackBerry 9900s are as rare as hens teeth; apart from myself, I don't know any colleagues with a BlackBerry.

Funny that this video was followed by a Q10 v Z30 comparison by Newfangled -- do we know him?!
    I would also be amazingly surprised if that pic she took of the screen with the flash on actually turned out. I have to turn the flash OFF if I take a screen pic or all I see is the TV and nothing on the screen : p
    01-02-18 05:36 PM
    . I, for one, wonder what possibilities might exist to establish a "why we love 9900" sticky that might include some relevant portions of Resurgence?. ???
    Not a bad idea, maybe you can start that thread in the 99 forum if you want. I have already had my “hit” thread haha.
    idssteve likes this.
    01-02-18 05:40 PM
    Not a bad idea, maybe you can start that thread in the 99 forum if you want. I have already had my “hit” thread haha.
    Haha... well, if I start it over here and ALL we talk about is 9900, maybe they'll condemn it for being off-off topic and move it where it belongs? Lol. Of course since my experience over the years indicates 9900 users themselves might likely be treated as worse than "meaningless", historically, it might lead to infraction?? Or banishment after the "usual trolls" start their typical "flame fest" ... lol. Haven't seen "the usual suspects" over here... yet. Lol.

That's the difference between love and hate... folks who love 9900 will never tire of posts praising its fabulously undistracted collaboration with daily life. Haters, who can't comprehend 30 seconds without a dopamine fix, tire of reading past the first hundred posts, or so. Lol. Bigger dopamine margins elsewhere?? We'll see... lol.
    01-02-18 07:49 PM
    Mostly finished 80+ pages of a report I'll be submitting Thurs. Typed mostly over meals. Mexican restaurant tonight. Licanos in Show Low AZ has a wonderful "skinny" margarita! Never distracted left hand from typing duties. Traded fork for salted margarita glass frequently tho. Lol. Looking about, I'd say at least 20% of patrons have slabs stuck in their face. Quite an unfortunate few have both hands occupied while their meal gets cold... Lol. If they only knew how easy it COULD be... Lol.
    01-02-18 08:42 PM
    Mostly finished 80+ pages of a report I'll be submitting Thurs. Typed mostly over meals. Mexican restaurant tonight. Licanos in Show Low AZ has a wonderful "skinny" margarita! Never distracted left hand from typing duties. Traded fork for salted margarita glass frequently tho. Lol. Looking about, I'd say at least 20% of patrons have slabs stuck in their face. Quite an unfortunate few have both hands occupied while their meal gets cold... Lol. If they only knew how easy it COULD be... Lol.
    Only 20%? : p
    01-02-18 08:54 PM
    I'm in the process of writing a lengthy blog post on Medium about why I will be going back to a "legacy" (pre-Android) BlackBerry.

I haven't decided if it will be a 9930 or a Q10 yet. Maybe both so I can thoroughly try them out, as it's been a while since I've used either.

I'm actually leaning towards a 9930 and maybe even getting a PlayBook again so I can pair them with Bridge.
    rayporsche and Berry Happy 2 like this.
    01-02-18 09:34 PM
    I'm in the process of writing a lengthy blog post on Medium about why I will be going back to a "legacy" (pre-Android) BlackBerry.

I haven't decided if it will be a 9930 or a Q10 yet. Maybe both so I can thoroughly try them out, as it's been a while since I've used either.

I'm actually leaning towards a 9930 and maybe even getting a PlayBook again so I can pair them with Bridge.
    Q10 has longer shelf life since it doesn't need BIS right?
    01-02-18 10:00 PM
    Q10 has longer shelf life since it doesn't need BIS right?
    Careful! OP is about 9900... Off-topic might get us sent to Off Topic Siberia! Lol.
    01-03-18 12:02 AM
    Careful! OP is about 9900... Off-topic might get us sent to Off Topic Siberia! Lol.
    Hmm I wonder if this qualifies9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3440.jpg
    rayporsche and idssteve like this.
    01-03-18 12:06 AM
    I say you don't have to worry about it too much.
    1- If you are off topic, you are in the right place so no worry.
    2- If you are on topic, that makes you being off topic because this is the off topic place, which thus puts you back to 1.
    So yeah, your bottle qualifies.

Happy Off Topic.
    01-03-18 01:21 AM
    I say you don't have to worry about it too much.
    1- If you are off topic, you are in the right place so no worry.
    2- If you are on topic, that makes you being off topic because this is the off topic place, which thus puts you back to 1.
    So yeah, your bottle qualifies.

Happy Off Topic.
    That's true so now we can be on topic or sooooooooooooo off topic after all we all in 'Rehab", like Steve said this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. That been said we should start a thread on the other side making reference to this one for the uninitiated that may need some of the valuable & useful information that can only be found on this one.
    Now back to the off/on topic thingy, I've just sold my last Iphone and frankly I feel liberated it is just like my available time went up about 40%, the rooted & seriously molested Galaxy Note I lend to a friend so 2018 it's going to be strictly BBOS & BBOS10, I get to play with my favorites now while liberating one hand in the process, if people only knew how cool it could be.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-dscf5155.jpg
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-dscf5968.jpg
    01-03-18 07:22 AM
    That's true so now we can be on topic or sooooooooooooo off topic after all we all in 'Rehab", like Steve said this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. That been said we should start a thread on the other side making reference to this one for the uninitiated that may need some of the valuable & useful information that can only be found on this one.
    Now back to the off/on topic thingy, I've just sold my last Iphone and frankly I feel liberated it is just like my available time went up about 40%, the rooted & seriously molested Galaxy Note I lend to a friend so 2018 it's going to be strictly BBOS & BBOS10, I get to play with my favorites now while liberating one hand in the process, if people only knew how cool it could be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5155.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	432890
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5968.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	432891
    Very nice! My Moto E4 has been security wiped and awaits being sold or maybe given away, and as soon as I obtain a 9930 or Q10 my iPhone 5s will be relegated to “iPod mode.”
    rayporsche and RaybanRJ like this.
    01-03-18 07:26 AM
8,754 ... 298299300301302 ...