???
    The thread was started by another member, who cancelled his account and walked away from the Forums.

After receiving the report about the thread being way off topic, I expected to be able to delete several posts and get back to my holiday party. To my surprise, I saw that a number of pages of posts would be involved. You had a brief discussion acknowledging you were knowingly off topic, yet continued. It seemed to make more sense to leave all as is, move it to OT and let you continue on as you will.

Anyway, there is no conspiracy at work here. Nor does censorship apply -- simply the Rules and Guidelines you all agreed to upon becoming members. Community Rules and Guidelines
    @Ecm: you might have read it already from Ralph, aka RaybanRJ (or Rayphon, lol) that he started this read. I and other members who frequent this thread can confirm that. Or you can see it yourselves in the second post where Ralph was quoted and his name is still there.
    I don't know how it happened but Anon 'hijacked' Ralph's place as the OP and replaced his name in many of his post. Ralph had to change to RaybanRJ.

If it can helps changing your mind and bringing our thread back, I picture this thread as a bar where we hang out every Friday night, except that everyday and anytime could be the Friday night depending on when we have some free time. There at the bar we don't just drink and talk about alcohol and drinking, as we would get drunk so fast or find that others are dead boring. But no matter what subjects we are talking about, we would always eventually roll back to the two most frequent topics. One is to do with drinks and drinking but less famous, and the other is every guys' favourist. This is the same with our thread, where we always come back to our Bolds and staying Bold while supports are dropping off and the challenge is growing.

If there were such a bar and such a mean that we, from different corners of the earth could all get there within 20-30 minutes time then we would go there to meet and chat and show off our Bolds, and also have some heated political discussion or other talks. But there would never be a bar fight. The last guy (who hijacked Ralph name) tried but we quickly learned and left him fought to himself. But if we were going to that bar, there would be one thing we could never do as we do in the forum, from the thread, which is going from our thread to other threads and device forums to discuss, to give advice and help. I frequently go to the BBOS forum because of this thread. From here I check the other threads and other legacy device forums as well. I believe that's how it goes for some others here. And if this thread is not in its forum, we may eventually leave the legacy forums.

Yes people can start a new thread to discuss a specific topic or need and stick to it per Rules and Guidelines. But that would be bone-dried boring which make Crackberry no more than the big heavy manual that went in the box of the RIM 850/950. There is no life or no 'human' in it. Show me any thread that has gone this far by abiding strictly and mechanically to the Rules and Guidelines.

If you read through some more pages, you would find not only tips and tools and helpful tricks but also posts which are so inspiring that would make you wanting to buy a new Bold. They came from people who could write codes and app, or professional whose 9900 appears to grow out from his left palm, or writer / blogger who started his own Boldy blog, just to name a few of the fan and enthusiast. These are 'smart people' - term borrowed, or stole, from Steve - who can be very useful and helpful to users of the legacy device. These include people I would recommend to be Blackberry Ambassadors or Champions. Some of them in their personal and professional life have silently done more than Alicia Key.

I am not saying that the mods and ambassadors and champions and Q&A teams of Crackberry are not helpful, but most if not all of you have moved on already to other OS/platform. I saw Nguyen1, who was so excited about his new 9300 and started a thread in the Curve 3G forum, being jokingly mocked up by an well-known member, ambassador I believed. And then looking back here to day I could say that in the whole Crackberry there is no other more helpful and friendlier group than the 'smart people' in this thread. If I could describe this threat/group in one word, that got to be INSPIRING.

Needless to say again of the civility here as other members have already mentioned. I would also not taking the worse situation in of some other threads in other forums or here for reasoning. What happened here is the problem of this thread. I also guess that you don’t have time to look more into this thread. It’s understandable that it is not what you do, and that just like any of us you have other things to do and other thread to tend to. But please see that I and a couple of other ‘Trusted Member’ have voiced here for the restoration of this thread. If the title ‘Trusted Member’ means anything, then trust us that this thread is not something to be lost or forgotten about – I hate to ever have to use the title for weight, but I am sure about this one.

So, much appreciate if you could kindly put this thread back where it was in the Bold forum.

I take that we have also learnt our lesson here, that we could be comfortable where we are but we don’t forget that we are in someone else’s space and we do respect the owner’s rules. Most importantly, even when the owner closes his eyes and ignores our bit of straying off, there are other visitors who would simply press the report button and don’t bother to care what the real spirit of the thread is.

To complete my statement, I am all Bold and keeping enough for the next 20 years, if the batteries can keep up.
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20180102_085340.jpg  
    01-02-18 01:13 AM
    "!In short, I guess I'm disappointed that the "human" mechanisms that has proven so successful in this thread weren't treated as a model of civility for other threads to aspire to. Instead, we got sent to rehab. As if civility needs rehabilitation."

This Bold thread keeps me involved, mostly because of the civility and broad depth of knowledge of other members on different topics. Many of us use other handsets and tech together without any political or tribal conflict, and the 'Resurgence' topic is a model of how fora can operate without heavy-handed moderation. If the 'moderation' became any more heavy-handed, there would be at least one less poster.

Mobile Nations and CrackBerry survive only through the contributions of posters. Sure there, has to be 'moderation' but it has to be moderate.

If anything the Resurgence thread is a prime example of individuals working together outside of the 24 month landfill Android cycle to keep older but still valuable BlackBerry tech working through group support.

Crackberry would be unwise to ignore such valuable contributions. I trust they find this post meaningful. :-)

To add some Bold content, the 9900 and other BIS phones are still amongst the most secure and privacy-oriented smartphones available. That aspect alone makes sure plenty of us continue to use the platform.
    01-02-18 01:27 AM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3391.jpg

This has to be the most INSULTING thing I have ever read in here! I never saw this in Tapatalk and I wouldn’t have seen it if I didn’t go to desktop mode.

So because this was a popular thread in the 9900 forum we are penalized for talking too much!!!

Unbelievable!!

“Meaningful” posts ONLY? Most people in a Crackberry will not find the 9900 “meaningful” to them so how is this defined?

If someone (and many have) compared a 9900’s keyboard to a Priv’s keyboard, is the PRIV not “meaningful” because it is off topic and not STRICTLY about the 9900!?

Again unbelievable! If this is how contributers will be treated in here there is no logic to it after how long we have been active in here and that counts for nothing obviously.

Another slap in the face!
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 01-02-18 at 02:12 AM.
    rayporsche and ColinsCity like this.
    01-02-18 02:00 AM
    hahahaha so now we are in 'Rehab & Off Topic'.........it must be a sign of the times or the new era if you will. The migration and assimilation is running deep as I clearly and openly been saying it in various posts before this one. I've been here since 2008 and still can remember how good it was to log in and exchange opinions respectfully and more important share knowledge with friends, having a BlackBerry without participating in the Crackberry Forum platform used to be like oil and water, a no mix solution and for some still is a necessary & vital part of owning such a device. Now the story is quite different and most people seem to forget why we ended up here in the first place. As this metamorphosis evolves sometimes I wonder if they will even change the name of the forum and since it seems like nobody can concretely confirm exactly what is going to happen specifically with the BBid in terms of signing or usage at the end of the already stated 2 years, we must be doomed right ? move on or we risk having a pile of bricks.......hahahaha......

Most of us here would agree that the '9900:Resurgence of popularity' thread is more meaningful than most and very informative in many ways. Some intelligent and cool dudes keep it going and relevant in many ways like RaybanRJ, littlebuff, Newfangled, idssteve just to name a few and the list goes on and on and on but again it seems like the 'purge' is in place even though they'll tell you differently actions and comments speak louder. The other day in another thread somebody stated that AT&T was shutting down BIS at the beginning of 2018, that only reinforced my 9900 preference and I started using it on a daily basis along with the P9981 which is not as sweet but it does looks good and matches my daily ride. So like I said it before it is just a matter of choice and preference and if or when they shut down BIS is going to be ok, life will definitely continue, there is life without BIS out there already, I guess that the catch would be the BBid sign-in requirement after those 2 years are up as I've pondered before.

So in the line of remaining meaningful enough I am including a couple of pics of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 housing exchange from black to white, which color do you prefer ?

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-screenshot1340.jpg
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-screenshot1342.jpg
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-screenshot1341.jpg
    Last edited by rayporsche; 01-02-18 at 08:57 AM.
    01-02-18 08:41 AM
    Saddest that I'm most surprised at how long this thread persisted relatively unmolested. I've long interpreted CB attitude toward legacy, and especially 9900 users themselves, as disturbingly analogous to the Dursley's attitude toward the orphaned Harry Potter. Lol. Our 9900s are, after all, "orphaned" offspring of RIM. We've at least enjoyed a relatively "safe space" here in our little cupboard under the stairs... Lol. So long as that cupboard was in the 9900 forum, we could at least question why 9900 hating trolls were in the 9900 forum to begin with. Now that "the Dursley's" have committed us to "rehab" for "irrelevance", how will we defend our "safe space"? We don't even have Hogwarts to flee to. Lol.

Oh well. It's "their" forum. "They'll" do with it what they want. Other than patronage of CB store, I certainly haven't paid for any "privileges". That's how it works when "someone else" is doing the paying. The google/android market model is what we have to look forward to.

I don't envy the thankless job of mods and, since I've never offered to help with that myself, I'm certainly in no position to critique their decisions. I just wonder how many folks in the "rehab" forum really care about all of the 9900 relevant treasures contained in this thread? OR, how long it will be before 9900 hating trolls discover we can no longer question their motives for hating 9900 in a 9900 dedicated forum? We'll see, I guess.

Btw, back on topic, I frequently find 9900 superbly operable with gloves. Takes a little getting used to but it CAN be done, even in quite cold weather. Maybe not as cold as Ralph's part of the world but... Lol. Question for Ralph: how does iPhone touch functionality compare with 9900 trackpad using frost nipped finger tips?

Lol.
    rayporsche and anon(10321802) like this.
    01-02-18 09:14 AM
    Is this whole locked down single-thread-only topic now moved to the off-topic lounge? How totally weird.

I have always preferred white BlackBerry Bolds. Black is nice too, though.

If the CrackBerry Team ever wanted to make sense we would have a TOPIC in which to post various threads of discussion about maybe not just the Bold, but BBOS7 in general.

It would once again be a useful website in which to exchange valuable information as well as to sing the praises of BlackBerry and just have a good time.

But they are obviously Very Busy policing the place and trying to keep law and order.

I come to search out 'Today's Topics' because there are far more categories than there are new posts.

I have current questions about dealing with my Bold but I'm supposed to search 200 pages of a single thread to see what everyone's been talking about in here in case somebody's already mentioned it.

That just isn't right but you know what nobody can MOVE my post to the Off-Topic room now, although I'll probably see it get deleted.

What is CrackBerry for at this point in history, what do we want it to be?

Now more than ever we have to have this place to go to, to be able to help each other figure out how to go forward. I got my Keyone here and it's good, but I want my Bold to be my main phone / hotspot until death do us part. Already experiencing some extra data-guzzling from having to make the temporary switch. The Bold is still the best for those of us who do not have our data on the cheap, just one more reason to love it.

Why did this thread get moved?
    01-02-18 09:14 AM
    My paths crossed with the last post so I think I'm seeing what's going on here and its totally creepy and makes it a downer to come here to find this going on.

Times have changed, haven't they?
    rayporsche and littlebuff like this.
    01-02-18 09:20 AM

I don't envy the thankless job of mods and, since I've never offered to help with that myself, I'm certainly in no position to critique their decisions.
    I believe too much in Freedom to ever be a mod. Sometimes power/authority can get to anyone and people can and will overstep their boundaries. If I am wrong about this then every thread that gets off topic when they are normally 99.99% ON TOPIC, should get shuffled and moved to another corner like this just was, but that’s not usually the case.

So someone “reported” a post in here, probably because they didn’t like what someone said about a certain political leader that has the ability to make decisions to effect how our devices will be functioning in a couple of years, so what. If everyone got offended at every little thing then we may as well just close the internet and lock it all up. There are things said that I see in the General forum that could be reported, much worse, and it goes on forever and no one cares.

Actually since we are in the off topic forum now we SHOULD be able to talk about anything we want, like previously mentioned, since it is deemed OFF TOPIC now.

As for using gloves I honestly don’t think I have ever tried using gloves in cold weather in the 9990. I generally don’t like using gloves but this is something I will report back to you if I ever try it
    01-02-18 10:25 AM
    What is this? 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3335.jpg
    01-02-18 10:28 AM
    I believe too much in Freedom to ever be a mod. Sometimes power/authority can get to anyone and people can and will overstep their boundaries. If I am wrong about this then every thread that gets off topic when they are normally 99.99% ON TOPIC, should get shuffled and moved to another corner like this just was, but that’s not usually the case.

So someone “reported” a post in here, probably because they didn’t like what someone said about a certain political leader that has the ability to make decisions to effect how our devices will be functioning in a couple of years, so what. If everyone got offended at every little thing then we may as well just close the internet and lock it all up. There are things said that I see in the General forum that could be reported, much worse, and it goes on forever and no one cares.

Actually since we are in the off topic forum now we SHOULD be able to talk about anything we want, like previously mentioned, since it is deemed OFF TOPIC now.

As for using gloves I honestly don’t think I have ever tried using gloves in cold weather in the 9990. I generally don’t like using gloves but this is something I will report back to you if I ever try it
    You obviously ticked off somebody, wasn't me because I enjoy the discourse and freedom. If you figure out the problem, we'll feed it to our gators in the pond...
    RaybanRJ and rayporsche like this.
    01-02-18 10:36 AM
    You obviously ticked off somebody, wasn't me because I enjoy the discourse and freedom. ...
    Don’t worry, I know you do
    01-02-18 10:40 AM

True, now I have an idea for you ; just for fun since you started this one why don't just start another thread in the BlackBerry 9930/9900 forum titled saaaaay.........
    '9900:Resurgence in 2018!' and we as a collective could start building up what we had here even if we must 'copy & paste' & quote a lot of what we've already said here while making sure to make reference to this one including title and/or link each and every time we post. This is not the way it should be but after all we Bold/Legacy users still have 2 more years of relevance even by BlackBerry standards, just imagine how annoying that would be hahahahaha........

Now to the BlackBerry 9900/9930 gloves use thingy, I stand with you in the use of gloves in cold weather but if I ever do they will definitely need to match the Bold 9900/9930 color that's in use at the time. It is 2018 and the BlackBerry Bold refuses to die right ?
    01-02-18 10:54 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3391.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	432850

This has to be the most INSULTING thing I have ever read in here! I never saw this in Tapatalk and I wouldn’t have seen it if I didn’t go to desktop mode.

So because this was a popular thread in the 9900 forum we are penalized for talking too much!!!

Unbelievable!!

“Meaningful” posts ONLY? Most people in a Crackberry will not find the 9900 “meaningful” to them so how is this defined?

If someone (and many have) compared a 9900’s keyboard to a Priv’s keyboard, is the PRIV not “meaningful” because it is off topic and not STRICTLY about the 9900!?

Again unbelievable! If this is how contributers will be treated in here there is no logic to it after how long we have been active in here and that counts for nothing obviously.

Another slap in the face!
    That language is confusing and purely subjective. What one person considers meaningful, another may consider post-padding drivel. Just like "on-topic" is subjective. I still don't understand why the thread was moved. It is and always has been about the 9900.
    01-02-18 10:58 AM
    What is this? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3335.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	432859
    They are kinda of in that same route wouldn't you say ?

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-screenshot1350.jpg
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-screenshot1351.jpg
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-02-18 11:07 AM
    True, now I have an idea for you ; just for fun since you started this one why don't just start another thread in the BlackBerry 9930/9900 forum titled saaaaay.........
    '9900:Resurgence in 2018!' and we as a collective could start building up what we had here even if we must 'copy & paste' & quote a lot of what we've already said here while making sure to make reference to this one including title and/or link each and every time we post. This is not the way it should be but after all we Bold/Legacy users still have 2 more years of relevance even by BlackBerry standards, just imagine how annoying that would be hahahahaha........

Now to the BlackBerry 9900/9930 gloves use thingy, I stand with you in the use of gloves in cold weather but if I ever do they will definitely need to match the Bold 9900/9930 color that's in use at the time. It is 2018 and the BlackBerry Bold refuses to die right ?
    True, but you can bet that NOW if the Resurgence 2 thread gets even slightly off topic (which happens with EVERY thread in CB) they they will probably just dump it in here again.
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-02-18 11:07 AM

At the first mention of anything not related to the 9900/9930, they could just move the new thread to Rehab & Off-Topic.

I wonder if we could prevent it from being moved if we all end each of our posts with a little blurb about how amazing the 9900 is...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever the above text may state, this post is indeed related to the BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900 - the very best example of brilliant engineering and design from the iconic Canadian company Research in Motion.
    01-02-18 11:08 AM
    They are kinda of in that same route wouldn't you say ?

Name:	screenshot1350.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	432861

Name:	screenshot1351.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	432862
    I remember seeing that special edition 9900 some years ago and I believe it was $5000 at one time.

Hmm I could probably make a box like that and put my Stormtrooper 9900 in it and sell it on eBay for $4000
    01-02-18 11:10 AM
    Bold 9900 housing exchange from black to white, which color do you prefer ?

Name:	screenshot1340.jpg 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	432853

Name:	screenshot1342.jpg 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	432854

Name:	screenshot1341.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	432855
    I prefer a white 9900 actually, I really miss my white 9780 that I bought an all gold chassis for, have you seen that video? I can post.

BTW is that a windows phone in your first pic, the one plugged in? It doesn’t look like an apple lightning charging cable so it’s either an android or Windows phone?

Just curious.

UH OH! I went OFF TOPIC and mentioned a windows phone and a 9780, both of which have NOTHING to do with the main title of this thread!!!! May God have mercy on my soul!

My bad.

Now this thread will get moved to the Windows section for miscellaneous rambling.
    anon(10321802) and ColinsCity like this.
    01-02-18 11:17 AM
    At the first mention of anything not related to the 9900/9930, they could just move the new thread to Rehab & Off-Topic.

I wonder if we could prevent it from being moved if we all end each of our posts with a little blurb about how amazing the 9900 is...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever the above text may state, this post is indeed related to the BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900 - the very best example of brilliant engineering and design from the iconic Canadian company Research in Motion.

Cool, already copied & pasted in the notes app and will use it every time, also will definitely include anything related to the 9900 in every post even if it's been discussed already quoting whatever whenever possible and would definitely take a look at that reporting thing and how it works, can we report a thread that we consider to be off topic or is it just a post ? who does the reporting ? does anybody knows how all that goes ? because even when we don't really live in a democracy nowadays the regulations and corrective actions should be applied equally right ? we should chill it is Christmas !

So we do have 9900 and 9930.............................................. ..........................................

anon(10321802) and RaybanRJ like this.
    01-02-18 11:21 AM

I’m starting to think they actually want the death of the older legacy posts in here because they want the company to look more modern and move forward into the future with the newer android devices.

People always ignore the history but history is the reason we are here, and that can apply to anything.
    01-02-18 11:22 AM
    I prefer a white 9900 actually, I really miss my white 9780 that I bought an all gold chassis for, have you seen that video? I can post.

BTW is that a windows phone in your first pic, the one plugged in? It doesn’t look like an apple lightning charging cable so it’s either an android or Windows phone?

Just curious.

UH OH! I went OFF TOPIC and mentioned a windows phone and a 9780, both of which have NOTHING to do with the main title of this thread!!!! May God have mercy on my soul!

My bad.

Now this thread will get moved to the Windows section for miscellaneous rambling.

hahahaha........we are in 'Rehab' now remeber !

That's a Z10 in the first pic accompanied by a fully operational Bold 9000 and of course the Bold 9900 in pieces....

anon(10321802) and RaybanRJ like this.
    01-02-18 11:25 AM
    hahahaha........we are in 'Rehab' now remeber !

That's a Z10 in the first pic accompanied by a fully operational Bold 9000 and of course the Bold 9900 in pieces....

How is THIS for some BLING!!!!!

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3400.jpg

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3401.jpg

UH OH!!!! I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE STARTED A BRAND NEW THREAD FOR GOLD 9780’s IN HERE AND NOW I WILL BE BANNED FROM CB!!!!

My bad
    01-02-18 11:36 AM
    Wowblingy blingy !!!! I guess you should have buddy then again it is blood related to the 9930/9900 so you should be fine and if not more 'Rehab' it is......

anon(10321802) likes this.
    01-02-18 11:39 AM
    I am about to report this thread for being ON-topic. This is the Rehab & OFF-TOPIC Lounge, Boldies! If you keep this up, this thread won't belong here either.
    01-02-18 12:02 PM
    I am about to report this thread for being ON-topic. This is the Rehab & OFF-TOPIC Lounge, Boldies! If you keep this up, this thread won't belong here either.
    Very true! We are in violation of the terms and agreements for talking about the 9900 and other legacy devices in this forum!

OH NO!!!! I MUST BE Severely reprimanded because I don’t know what I’m talking about anymore!!!!
    ColinsCity likes this.
    01-02-18 12:11 PM
8,754 ... 297298299300301 ...