Yup I have Premium.
    You should be fine, you should try it out if you can, just to make sure, I have a Spotify account but it's a free account now, I have started to use Anghami much more haha.
    12-31-17 04:03 PM
    You use Duck Duck Go, PARANOID much? Haha
    I don't like my searches tracked or results served to me based on what Google thinks I want to see. If that's paranoia, then so be it.
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-31-17 04:05 PM
    As the 9900 is no longer the topic of discussion, the thread has been moved to the Off Topic/Rehab forum.
    I disagree with this and kindly ask that it be moved back to the 9900/9930 forum where it belongs.

This thread has always been about the 99XX and is enjoyed by passionate, enthusiastic users and fans of the device. The conversation may stray into off-topic territory from time to time, but it is always related to the 99XX in some form or fashion and always gets back on track.

The vast majority of posts are and will continue to be related to the 99XX. It doesn't make sense to have this thread in Off Topic/Rehab.
    12-31-17 04:19 PM
    I don't like my searches tracked or results served to me based on what Google thinks I want to see. If that's paranoia, then so be it.
    But the search results are so limited on DuckDuckGo it’s just ridiculous....

At least from the ONE time I tried it : p
    12-31-17 04:51 PM
    You should be fine, you should try it out if you can, just to make sure, I have a Spotify account but it's a free account now, I have started to use Anghami much more haha.
    Never heard of that one, Anghani. So you think if I login with my 9900 to Spotify, it wouldn’t have any effects on the iOS logins? Like I mean certain apps like Snapchat for example, they only allow you to log into one device at a time and then you have to switch back it’s kind of a pain. But if Spotify allowed you to be logged into a BlackBerry and an iPhone then that would be great.
    12-31-17 04:55 PM
    Hmm. New digs, huh? Quite a surprise!

I wonder if the "Moved" notice will stay at the top of the 9900 thread? I hope so. People often pop into this thread to ask for help.

Perhaps, however, it's better that people post help questions in new threads in the 99xx forum. It's a lot easier for other people to find the information later if the help request is properly titled. I know I've posted information in this thread and then struggled to find it again.

Ralph, we're not even close to the number of posts or views in the CB 1M Challenge! But nobody's posting repeatedly to build up the post count here....
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-31-17 05:07 PM
    My travel kit, I never go anywhere without it. Are anyone’s JM-1’s batteries older than mine? They last just as long as when new but take longer to charge now. Seems to take less time to charge if I do not use my pod charger.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3325.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3326.jpg

Keyboard still like new and “clicky” as ever.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3327.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3328.jpg
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-31-17 05:07 PM
    I use DuckDuckGo for both of these reasons too -- but mostly because I don't want tailored search results. It also has /lite and /html versions that work fast on old devices.
    12-31-17 05:09 PM
    Never heard of that one, Anghani. So you think if I login with my 9900 to Spotify, it wouldn’t have any effects on the iOS logins? Like I mean certain apps like Snapchat for example, they only allow you to log into one device at a time and then you have to switch back it’s kind of a pain. But if Spotify allowed you to be logged into a BlackBerry and an iPhone then that would be great.
    I used to have Spotify on my iPhone before I sold it, I remembered that I could be logged into both on my phone and laptop however it would only play on one device, for instant I would get a message saying "cannot play the same thing on both devices, continue playing on current device" and I would say yes and it would play on the device I want, it didn't require me to sign out so you should be OK with trying to sign into the BlackBerry App. Anghami is basically arab Spotify, it has all the latest and even exclusively released arabic songs to the app which is great for me because I love the songs, there are english singers on it too and you can listen for free with some ads popping up like on Spotify but you can also get interactive and record reactions to you listening to the song and follow other users that you have favorite artists in common with and download the songs to your phone.
    12-31-17 05:24 PM
    Hmm. New digs, huh? Quite a surprise!

I wonder if the "Moved" notice will stay at the top of the 9900 thread? I hope so. People often pop into this thread to ask for help.

Ralph, we're not even close to the number of posts or views in the CB 1M Challenge! But nobody's posting repeatedly to build up the post count here....
    This thread has been a good “HUB” for anyone that also has a general question or wants to share something about their 9900 but does NOT want to start a NEW thread for it because unfortunately all too often we see new threads and the person doesn’t even return for the answer.

Since it is only the very few that actually post to the 9900 forum (or all of CB for that matter) and because we all know each other, (it’s not like it is 2011 anymore with a New question about every little thing)I don’t think we are going to be more likely to start new threads for every little thing that comes to mind.

I liked this thread where it was supposed to be because it is like a “General” thread or HUB for things related to the 9900. Even the title is a loose general suggestion that it is still a popular and loved device.

If say......I have a question for you about the keyboard you sugggested, or anything I would feel idiotic starting a brand new thread for that. Just an example.

This thread was PROOF to all the dissers in the 9900 forum who came and tried to mock us.

Many times I have started a new thread somewhere else only to have it immediately shut down and locked with comments like “IRRELEVANT!” Or “DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT” because someone else had posted it. It is impossible to keep track of everything everyone else posts. I don’t need that kind of attitude man. This was also the one thread that people commented saying there were never any trolls in here, and that’s probably because there is strength in numbers.

That’s why I liked our forum, it was more relaxed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR INDEED!
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 12-31-17 at 05:36 PM.
    12-31-17 05:25 PM
    I used to have Spotify on my iPhone before I sold it, I remembered that I could be logged into both on my phone and laptop however it would only play on one device, for instant I would get a message saying "cannot play the same thing on both devices, continue playing on current device" and I would say yes and it would play on the device I want, it didn't require me to sign out so you should be OK with trying to sign into the BlackBerry App. Anghami is basically arab Spotify, it has all the latest and even exclusively released arabic songs to the app which is great for me because I love the songs, there are english singers on it too and you can listen for free with some ads popping up like on Spotify but you can also get interactive and record reactions to you listening to the song and follow other users that you have favorite artists in common with and download the songs to your phone.
    Hmm interesting
    12-31-17 05:32 PM
    Hmm interesting
    By the way, there is an Anghami app in the BlackBerry World store, it works on the 9900 and you don't have to have a paid subscription to use it, it works pretty good too which is nice.
    12-31-17 05:51 PM

I actually didn’t say this thread had more, I think it was Collins that said this thread probably has the highest count.

But I said we will probably make the rehab/off topic popular
    12-31-17 06:54 PM
    I actually didn’t say this thread had more, I think it was Collins that said this thread probably has the highest count.

But I said we will probably make the rehab/off topic popular
    Yeah it was me who said it probably had the highest count, especially in the off topic category and I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the top topics in the 9900 section, especially within recent years. I think only the KeyOne could possibly get 1 million readers.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-31-17 06:57 PM
    Yeah it was me who said it probably had the highest count, especially in the off topic category and I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the top topics in the 9900 section, especially within recent years. I think only the KeyOne could possibly get 1 million readers.
    It’s 2018 there in the future, how about getting me the lotto numbers and then sending them back to me in 2017!!
    12-31-17 06:58 PM
    It’s 2018 there in the future, how about getting me the lotto numbers and then sending them back to me in 2017!!
    Haha yes, we're in 2018 now for the last hour, whatsapp on the 9900 is still working, so I'm hoping that article you posted was true in that it would still let users use it until the service self-destructs
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-31-17 07:01 PM
    From reading the last few pages I would say that this forum is definitely back on topic. Ive been keeping up with it for the last year and have learned so much from the other contributors. I myself have 3 Bold 9900s although only my white one currently has a sim installed. Today I’m carrying a Pearl 9100 which I guess puts me “off topic!” Anyhow, hopefully the moderator will return these posts to their rightful place which will benefit everyone.
    12-31-17 07:10 PM
    From reading the last few pages I would say that this forum is definitely back on topic. Ive been keeping up with it for the last year and have learned so much from the other contributors. I myself have 3 Bold 9900s although only my white one currently has a sim installed. Today I’m carrying a Pearl 9100 which I guess puts me “off topic!” Anyhow, hopefully the moderator will return these posts to their rightful place which will benefit everyone.
    Always feel free to jump in and good to meet ya
    12-31-17 07:13 PM
    I guess that makes me 'off-topic' too. I've been using my Pre3 for a couple of weeks again, and I think I'm going to stick with it for a while. The keyboard isn't quite as good as the Bold 9900, but I cured it of it's double-typing problem using a method learned here, and webOS is so easy to hack at that I've fixed the reddit app and developed a cool patch to an RSS reader.

Nguyen has been using a Palm Pixi a bit lately too. Palm devices are getting quite hard to find. That's one really nice thing about OS7 devices: they're still plentiful and cheap! I just wish more of the apps were open source, so we could keep them going easier.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-31-17 09:52 PM
    That man is the biggest ***** ever, and huge hypocrite
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017...-tech-of-2017/

"Least favorite: Facebook

"This pick is too obvious—I know it is. But I believe Facebook reached new lows in 2017, and they're so low, I can't imagine picking anything else. It's not about politics or fake news. It's about aggressive hostility to every user—something no tech company should ever get away with.

"Facebook is bloated with pointless features. It's trying to perform every kind of tech-related online service, from shopping to news. Because it's so dominant, it gets away with driving out better products and services from would-be great tech companies on both the Web and mobile.

"This was the year of Facebook video. Facebook paid video-production companies pennies to produce hours and hours of terrible live video filled with brand integrations. The social media giant used its News Feed algorithm to reward publishers who just created terrible infographic videos that literally showed article text in big fonts against a video background. Think of the human hours wasted watching those videos instead of reading articles—or watching videos that are actually good.

"This was also the year of Facebook doubling down on its philosophy that it should decide what information is relevant to you, the user, and what's not. Here's a hint: Facebook picks the information that has the most money behind it. On Facebook, users aren't the customers—they're the goods being sold. I don't think we should put up with that from tech products in 2018. And yet, I'm not optimistic it's going to get any better."

I'd never use WhatsApp, even if it didn't hoover up all your contacts when you install it, because it's run by WasteCrook.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    12-31-17 10:20 PM
    I joined CB about this time of year, 2008. Lurked about a year before that. In the 9 years since joining, I've NEVER experienced a thread better dedicated to collaborative civility on CB. Or anywhere else, for that matter. Especially regarding our 9900!

Before this thread, 9900 forum was routinely trolled and derided. With little to no moderator mediation. Arguably, on at least a couple occasions, with moderator encouragement. Imo. 9900 users were subjected to demeaning condescension by trolls who had NO interest in 9900 and didn't understand, or care to understand, WHY 9900 users used 9900! This thread provided irreplaceable opportunity for truly understanding. Something that could NOT happen by strict discussion of the hardware alone. Establishing a relationship of understanding frequently involves occasional discussion of "the weather". Or some other "off topic" topic just to establish civil comfort level with each other's humanness. Before returning to serious but CIVIL discussions. A technique I've employed during countless business, personal and even legal discussions to great success throughout my life. Establishing that EVERYone at the table is, in fact, HUMAN and subject to SOMEthing that us humans have little if any control over (like weather) is frequently a critical step toward establishing mutual respect for each other's human odyssey. Respect that, in practice, actually keeps the reason for the meeting as "mission one" rather than degenerating into unproductive name calling. As has been TOO routine in in this forum.

In short, I guess I'm disappointed that the "human" mechanisms that has proven so successful in this thread weren't treated as a model of civility for other threads to aspire to. Instead, we got sent to rehab. As if civility needs rehabilitation. Lol.

Happy New Year!!

(Assuming such wishes aren't interpreted as "Post Count Padding", lol... )

And thanks for the single most civil thread at CB, imo. We might only have one more new year to celebrate with our beloved 9900s. (back to topic? Haha)

Don't be sad that it's gone. Be glad that it ever happened!
    01-01-18 06:21 AM
    I joined CB about this time of year, 2008. Lurked about a year before that. In the 9 years since joining, I've NEVER experienced a thread better dedicated to collaborative civility on CB. Or anywhere else, for that matter. Especially regarding our 9900!

Before this thread, 9900 forum was routinely trolled and derided. With little to no moderator mediation. Arguably, on at least a couple occasions, with moderator encouragement. Imo. 9900 users were subjected to demeaning condescension by trolls who had NO interest in 9900 and didn't understand, or care to understand, WHY 9900 users used 9900! This thread provided irreplaceable opportunity for truly understanding. Something that could NOT happen by strict discussion of the hardware alone. Establishing a relationship of understanding frequently involves occasional discussion of "the weather". Or some other "off topic" topic just to establish civil comfort level with each other's humanness. Before returning to serious but CIVIL discussions. A technique I've employed during countless business, personal and even legal discussions to great success throughout my life. Establishing that EVERYone at the table is, in fact, HUMAN and subject to SOMEthing that us humans have little if any control over (like weather) is frequently a critical step toward establishing mutual respect for each other's human odyssey. Respect that, in practice, actually keeps the reason for the meeting as "mission one" rather than degenerating into unproductive name calling. As has been TOO routine in in this forum.

In short, I guess I'm disappointed that the "human" mechanisms that has proven so successful in this thread weren't treated as a model of civility for other threads to aspire to. Instead, we got sent to rehab. As if civility needs rehabilitation. Lol.

Happy New Year!!

(Assuming such wishes aren't interpreted as "Post Count Padding", lol... )

And thanks for the single most civil thread at CB, imo. We might only have one more new year to celebrate with our beloved 9900s. (back to topic? Haha)

Don't be sad that it's gone. Be glad that it ever happened!
    I messaged the big Boss Man in here about it, and I would leave the final word up to him. This summer Kevin called us “awesome” for keeping the spirit of the 9900 alive, and hopefully he would be more reasonable when it comes to understanding that any thread can and will go off topic temporarily , even if the peripheral issues were directly related to the 9900 and all mobile use.

This thread doesn’t belong in this forum.
    01-01-18 10:14 AM

Before this thread, 9900 forum was routinely trolled and derided.

In short, I guess I'm disappointed that the "human" mechanisms that has proven so successful in this thread weren't treated as a model of civility for other threads to aspire to.
    This thread was civil when all others were complete and utter chaos, especially if the topic was “Legacy.”
    01-01-18 10:26 AM
    They're talking about the New York Times app being end of life on BlackBerry 10 in another thread. That was always one of my favourite bonuses of the OS7 browser: free NY Times

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-01-18 08:50 PM
    In New Zealand Getting BIS is quit an ordeal. Only one of our networks still provides the service. Vodafone NZ can provide “Blackberry data services” while Spark no longer does and 2degrees never did. Trouble is no one at Vodafone has any clue as to what BIS is. Nor do most of them know what a Blackberry device is. To get BIS you either have to phone the “Enterprise “ department or in my case I ask the man in our local Vodafone shop to add the service. Luckily for me he is one of the few people in New Zealand who actually had a BBOS phone and remembers what to do. You can’t even find “Blackberry add on” in the add on section of the the my account self help page. He does always ask me why I want it? “Is it for the compression?” He recently asked me. I tried to explain that I just like the phone - a bold 9900. When I show him the phone in the shop filled with The latest Apple and Samsung phones he just doesn’t get it.
    Anyway, with all that said I just wonder if Vodafone even know that they still provide this service or is the BIS gateway just some long forgotten software running on an old server in Vodafone HQ? I kind of hope so. That way they won’t be tempted to turn it off.
    anon(8063781) and RaybanRJ like this.
    01-01-18 10:58 PM
8,754 ... 296297298299300 ...