Wait, ARE WE ALLOWED TO MENTION THE PRIV ANYMORE IN THIS THREAD????

Ok so do you think Whatsapp is being killed off for the PRIV now too or just some error?
    Well most of us have a second phone in this thread, my second phone is an android blackberry i don't think it's being phased out of the Priv, the Priv still runs Android 6 which is very compatible with Whatsapp. What i think is happening is there is an influx in messages and broadcast messages throughout the eastern countries wishing happy new year because its already 2018 for over 10 hours already in the eastern countries. There is sometimes an outage with whatsapp and instagram, i'm guessing tonight will be the night it happens with all the posts and messages all happening at once. It used to be that the cell networks would experience a slow down or outage during new years but since most people rarely use SMS anymore it won't be much affected tonight

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-31-17 02:13 PM
    Well most of us have a second phone in this thread, my second phone is an android blackberry
    Oh great, you just HAD to mention Android Blackberries and now it will be moved to the Android Berry section
    Berry Happy 2 likes this.
    12-31-17 02:15 PM
    Also remember that I started this thread
    ???
    The thread was started by another member, who cancelled his account and walked away from the Forums.

After receiving the report about the thread being way off topic, I expected to be able to delete several posts and get back to my holiday party. To my surprise, I saw that a number of pages of posts would be involved. You had a brief discussion acknowledging you were knowingly off topic, yet continued. It seemed to make more sense to leave all as is, move it to OT and let you continue on as you will.

Anyway, there is no conspiracy at work here. Nor does censorship apply -- simply the Rules and Guidelines you all agreed to upon becoming members. Community Rules and Guidelines
    12-31-17 02:17 PM
    ???
    The thread was started by another member, who cancelled his account and walked away from the Forums.

After receiving the report about the thread being way off topic, I expected to be able to delete several posts and get back to my holiday party. To my surprise, I saw that a number of pages of posts would be involved. You had a brief discussion acknowledging you were knowingly off topic, yet continued. It seemed to make more sense to leave all as is, move it to OT and let you continue on as you will.

Anyway, there is no conspiracy at work here. Nor does censorship apply -- simply the Rules and Guidelines you all agreed to upon becoming members. Community Rules and Guidelines
    That other member was me I made a new account.

And I made a new account after a break when things got “out of hand” with someone and no one did anything about it.

But.....we policed ourselves and things went smoothly afterwards like always.
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 12-31-17 at 02:33 PM.
    12-31-17 02:18 PM
    ???

Also realize that many threads go off topic and then get back on track even though the topics were related to everything about the 9900. Also realize that people report threats just because they don’t like them and want them closed or moved. It’s just a vendetta sometimes by people.

Also realize that many many many times in the last two years of this thread going off topic, it happens and it gets back on track. That’s LIFE.

Yes I was a big boy and admitted to going off topic, who is going to do that in the general Forum, how many people would own up to it and be SORRY about it!
    ColinsCity likes this.
    12-31-17 02:19 PM
    Oh great, you just HAD to mention Android Blackberries and now it will be moved to the Android Berry section
    Haha, at least it will be easier to discover in the Android section

RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-31-17 02:21 PM
    ???

How many people do you know with a 9900 with a black screen on a white body in this forum?
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-31-17 02:25 PM
    How many people do you know with a 9900 with a black screen on a white body in this forum?
    My 9900 is one of a kind, a unique special little “snowflake” haha I believe David Tyler rreferred to it as the storm trooper 9900.
    ColinsCity likes this.
    12-31-17 02:27 PM
    My 9900 is one of a kind, a unique special little “snowflake” haha I believe David Tyler rreferred to it as the storm trooper 9900.
    Haha yes, it looks so cool, by the way, bringing this topic back to the 9900, the keyboard in my black 9900 doesn't work properly, sometimes when I press the buttons close to the trackpad the trackpad light flickers and some buttons need to be pressed hard or twice to get registered on the screen, I think I'll have to replace the keyboard.
    12-31-17 02:30 PM
    Haha yes, it looks so cool, by the way, bringing this topic back to the 9900, the keyboard in my black 9900 doesn't work properly, sometimes when I press the buttons close to the trackpad the trackpad light flickers and some buttons need to be pressed hard or twice to get registered on the screen, I think I'll have to replace the keyboard.
    Could be a loose connection on the keyboard plug in.
    12-31-17 02:31 PM
    Could be a loose connection on the keyboard plug in.
    It would probably be easier to replace the keyboard haha
    12-31-17 02:32 PM
    Might not be too easy to find an authentic blackberry keyboard like the one I got on Amazon thanks to Shuswap (did I spell that correctly) And before I ordered off Amazon I tried 2 electronics places and none of the cheaper Chinese ones would work for some reason.
    12-31-17 02:34 PM
    If anything we will rejuvenate the rehab/off topic forum now with our 9900 talk.

This is like putting a chandelier in an outhouse. Some things just don’t belong.
    12-31-17 02:35 PM
    If anything we will rejuvenate the rehab/off topic forum now with our 9900 talk
    It will probably be the most viewed topic post in that forum, i doubt any off topic post could reach 360k views

12-31-17 02:37 PM
    Does Ireland have Amazon or eBay? Have you tried looking for an authentic 9900 keyboard?
    12-31-17 02:41 PM
    Does Ireland have Amazon or eBay? Have you tried looking for an authentic 9900 keyboard?
    We have an irish ebay site but no Amazon, though we are allowed to buy from the Amazon UK website. That being said i've bought from the french and german amazon sites with the same account, a lot of items are different prices on each site, i was trying to buy some 90s eurodance CDs one seller was selling it more expensive than it should be and on the other website it was under $3 from the same seller. I've been watching a black 9900 keyboard on eBay for over a year, i always knew the keyboard would die in that phone because it was already a clearly used device, but i didn't need to buy the replacement because i found the White 9900, something i've always wanted.

12-31-17 02:46 PM
    We have an irish ebay site but no Amazon, though we are allowed to buy from the Amazon UK website. That being said i've bought from the french and german amazon sites with the same account, a lot of items are different prices on each site, i was trying to buy some 90s eurodance CDs one seller was selling it more expensive than it should be and on the other website it was under $3 from the same seller. I've been watching a black 9900 keyboard on eBay for over a year, i always knew the keyboard would die in that phone because it was already a clearly used device, but i didn't need to buy the replacement because i found the White 9900, something i've always wanted.

Ah ya I forgot about the new white one.

Check out “Synwave” on Spotify or YouTube, I’m kinda into that. It’s like the ‘80’s music you would hear on Miami Vice but it is all new and very “Electro/House” in style.
    12-31-17 02:49 PM
    Collins so think I figured out why you had a WhatsApp issue on your PRIV, I just got this tweet notification from Reuters and there was a global outage

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3323.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKBN1EP0LC
    12-31-17 02:51 PM
    Ah ya I forgot about the new white one.

Check out “Synwave” on Spotify or YouTube, I’m kinda into that. It’s like the ‘80’s music you would hear on Miami Vice but it is all new and very “Electro/House” in style.
    I love the white 9900, i have wanted it for years, the networks never got the white versions of the BlackBerry's unless it was the Curve's. i was able to buy the white housing for my 9700 so i had a white BlackBerry for a while and i really wanted the 9900 in white when it came out but it never came to the networks here. I'm listening to the Synthwave songs on youtube, they sound great

RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-31-17 02:58 PM
    Collins so think I figured out why you had a WhatsApp issue on your PRIV, I just got this tweet notification from Reuters and there was a global outage

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3323.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	432816

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKBN1EP0LC
    I think that's been the second Whatsapp outage in a few months, maybe they need to lose users to stop the outages happening?

RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-31-17 02:59 PM
    I love the white 9900, i have wanted it for years, the networks never got the white versions of the BlackBerry's unless it was the Curve's. i was able to buy the white housing for my 9700 so i had a white BlackBerry for a while and i really wanted the 9900 in white when it came out but it never came to the networks here. I'm listening to the Synthwave songs on youtube, they sound great

So you never heard of Synwave before?

Do you use Spotify on the 9900 by any chance?
    12-31-17 03:10 PM
    So you never heard on Synwave before?

Do you use Spotify on the 9900 by any chance?
    Yes i heard it, but usually only referred to as Electro, a turkish singer used this style in some of her albums in 2007-2009
    I don't think i used the Spotify app on my blackberry, but i used Deezer before, Also a radio station that plays my music has an app in the BB World Store their name is Londons Energy Radio.

12-31-17 03:13 PM
    Yes i heard it, but usually only referred to as Electro, a turkish singer used this style in some of her albums in 2007-2009
    I don't think i used the Spotify app on my blackberry, but i used Deezer before, Also a radio station that plays my music has an app in the BB World Store their name is Londons Energy Radio.

Well just be aware that SynWave is brand new music but in the style of the ‘80’s. A new style or category.

I kept the Spotify app on my blackberry 9900 but I’ve never actually logged in and tried it because everything works good on my iPhone and iPad for that and I connect with my Bluetooth Bose speaker. But I was just curious If Spotify might be an app that still works because eventually I might need it on the 9900.
    12-31-17 03:16 PM
    Well just be aware that SynWave is basically brand new music but in the style of the ‘80’s

I kept the Spotify app on my blackberry 9900 but I’ve never actually logged in and tried it because everything works good on my iPhone and iPad for that and I connect with my Bluetooth Bose speaker. But I was just curious If Spotify might be an app that still works because eventually I might need it on the 9900.
    From what I've read is that if you have a premium account it will work because when it was designed in 2012 you could only log in if you had a premium account. Deezer allowed you to sign with a free account.
    12-31-17 03:24 PM
    From what I've read is that if you have a premium account it will work because when it was designed in 2012 you could only log in if you had a premium account. Deezer allowed you to sign with a free account.
    Yup I have Premium.
    12-31-17 03:58 PM
8,754 ... 295296297298299 ...