Check your inbox Chuck, let me know if my vid plays
    Played just fine..
    12-30-17 06:15 PM
    Unfortunately for many, losing 1/10 of 1% is acceptable loss, regardless of reasons...
    And that's very unfortunate, they are still supporting some Android 2 versions, and android 2 was clunky, laggy, slow and still in developing stages really, they still support this because the reason is they can still access certain things on that operating system that would be impossible in the blackberry Operating systems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-30-17 06:17 PM
    It’s all about $$$ to them and if the guy at the top only cares about money they will do what they have to, even though the infrastructure is built and working like a Swiss watch.

I can’t get my friends to even consider using BBM anymore so I deleted it off my iPhone a long time ago. So now if I go back to the 9990 the only texting based communication would be regular SMS texting.
    iPhone only users will never download a blackberry app, some are even reluctant to use google apps in case they infect their beloved battery deficient devices with android haha

rayporsche likes this.
    12-30-17 06:19 PM
    iPhone only users will never download a blackberry app, some are even reluctant to use google apps in case they infect their beloved battery deficient devices with android haha

Haha well BBM did work pretty “ok” on iOS but I don’t think I ever had a single problem with BBM on any B.B. phone. I will say that “Channels and Groups” were pretty nice on the iOS BBM app. You could do and see more a lot faster.
    12-30-17 06:24 PM
    Haha well BBM did work pretty “ok” on iOS but I don’t think I ever had a single problem with BBM on any B.B. phone. I will say that “Channels and Groups” were pretty nice on the iOS BBM app. You could do and see more a lot faster.
    The Groups are one thing that will slow down the BBOS devices, but i never had an issue on BB10 with groups or channels. BBM works great on Android, the google play store does show it has been downloaded hundreds of millions of times so that's good too.

12-30-17 06:32 PM
    <snips>
    I can’t get my friends to even consider using BBM anymore so I deleted it off my iPhone a long time ago. So now if I go back to the 9990 the only texting based communication would be regular SMS texting.
    Amen . I can't get any of my contacts to move away from Whatsapp and into something that's not controlled by Zuckbot. They all moved off Skype a few years ago, they won't use SMS because it costs 1p a message, they don't give a spit about Internet privacy or data harvesting and they won't move to independent Signal or Telegram, or BBM, because they don't accept that there's a need for an electronic life outside Facebook.

In some ways electronic communication has made life more isolating and two-dimensional - especially as we can mostly achieve a lot more in a two minute phone call than in fifteen minutes of ping-pong texting.

The biggest cultural shift for me has been in making appointments to meet friends, usually planned at least a day ahead. Now, I'll get a text saying 'what are you doing, wanna meet up?' fifteen minutes beforehand, when I'm already busy. So meeting chums gets harder as they move into the instantaneous world of unplanned digitised social chaos.

It's kinda like dealing with ADHD children all the time. :-)
    12-31-17 01:34 AM
    Amen . I can't get any of my contacts to move away from Whatsapp and into something that's not controlled by Zuckbot. They all moved off Skype a few years ago, they won't use SMS because it costs 1p a message, they don't give a spit about Internet privacy or data harvesting and they won't move to independent Signal or Telegram, or BBM, because they don't accept that there's a need for an electronic life outside Facebook.

In some ways electronic communication has made life more isolating and two-dimensional - especially as we can mostly achieve a lot more in a two minute phone call than in fifteen minutes of ping-pong texting.

The biggest cultural shift for me has been in making appointments to meet friends, usually planned at least a day ahead. Now, I'll get a text saying 'what are you doing, wanna meet up?' fifteen minutes beforehand, when I'm already busy. So meeting chums gets harder as they move into the instantaneous world of unplanned digitised social chaos.

It's kinda like dealing with ADHD children all the time. :-)
    Haha well as for me I HATE when people FaceTime me, you might not even be dressed and it’s worse than the “pop in” at your door in real life! You got to keep a tidy house too because they might be taking screen shots and not telling ya

With our cell plans we pay so much here that they have included free SMS for years now. As for Facebook it’s true, people I know mostly use Facebook Messenger app over WhatsApp, IMO. At least the notification in Facebook Messenger doesn’t scare the bleep out of you at 2 am if you forgot to set to “Do Not Disturb.” The Whatsapp notif is epic loud.

Lol @ Zuckbot
    12-31-17 01:41 AM
    Suzi you’ll appreciate this story...

Mobile games found using mic to track users' TV habits
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.Hs_j3
    12-31-17 01:53 AM
    Who thinks WhatsApp will shut down once it strikes midnight 31st or if they will wait until the end of the day in the 31st? If any of us believe the first option, i will let you know in a few minutes as midnight is approaching in Ireland, about 33 minutes left to see if my whatsapp capabilities are shut down.

There's been a rather good CB post by a WhatsApp developer that outlines what you can expect (best explanation I've seen so far)

Personally, I don't use WhatsApp, but this may of interest to others /blackberry-10-os-f269/9-days-whatsapp-9-days-blackberry-1133492-post13102617/

Edit: Ha, just realised that Chuck Finley69 got here first, so apologies for duplication
    12-31-17 03:36 AM
    I dig how it glows a bright green when the battery is full (powered down of course)

Too bad all devices didn’t do this!

Attachment 432792
    I've not seen that before, but then, my 9900 is rarely powered down

Is that a new charging pack bundle? I've just bought another cradle to keep my 9900 'on charge'
    12-31-17 04:06 AM
    Suzi you’ll appreciate this story...

'No worries! Users can opt out any time!' Funny how we accept gizmos like Alexa and Google Voice into our homes then put that Amazon alarm clock-thing with a camera into the bedroom. Funny also how Zuckbot tapes over his laptop webcam.

My mother told me never to talk to strangers. At least with the BisBerries you're reasonably safe from Google/Alexa/Siri sucking up your biometrics.

Paranoid? Moi? :-)
    rayporsche and RaybanRJ like this.
    12-31-17 05:32 AM
    I've not seen that before, but then, my 9900 is rarely powered down

Is that a new charging pack bundle? I've just bought another cradle to keep my 9900 'on charge'
    I think I got it about a year ago, or more.
    12-31-17 09:50 AM
    'No worries! Users can opt out any time!' Funny how we accept gizmos like Alexa and Google Voice into our homes then put that Amazon alarm clock-thing with a camera into the bedroom. Funny also how Zuckbot tapes over his laptop webcam.

My mother told me never to talk to strangers. At least with the BisBerries you're reasonably safe from Google/Alexa/Siri sucking up your biometrics.

"The data is anonymized! You have nothing to worry about!"

That sounds good at face value. Except research has repeatedly shown that individuals can be reidentified using anonymized data. But you won't read anything about that in the GooFaceAppleZon privacy policies or terms of service.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=reidentify...ta&t=hf&ia=web
    12-31-17 10:00 AM
    "The data is anonymized! You have nothing to worry about!"

That sounds good at face value. Except research has repeatedly shown that individuals can be reidentified using anonymized data. But you won't read anything about that in the GooFaceAppleZon privacy policies or terms of service.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=reidentify...ta&t=hf&ia=web
    You use Duck Duck Go, PARANOID much? Haha
    12-31-17 11:13 AM

When I drove home for Christmas I was listening to a radio talk show about a girl who said she was just talking in the room to a friend in person about “1920’s Flapper Dresses” she wanted to buy for a party, and 20 minutes later she checked her Instagram and there were adds for Flapper dresses! So if it is true that they are using our devices to listen to us and cater adds to us, it is beyond acceptable IMO. I don’t mind if say.......I Google a search, type it in, and then I can always expect to see ads in Facebook for whatever I was looking for (Amazon is efficient at putting the ads to Facebook) but to use my phone to listen for key words is pretty beyond creepy. (But supposedly there is no proof of this and according to the Interview Facebook is denying doing this)
    12-31-17 11:20 AM
    As the 9900 is no longer the topic of discussion, the thread has been moved to the Off Topic/Rehab forum.
    12-31-17 01:01 PM
    We're just taking a break.

Posted via CB10
    RaybanRJ and Frehley like this.
    12-31-17 01:32 PM
    We're just taking a break.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

All of the topics we talk about like Net Neutrality, Google snooping, are all relevant to our little 9900 community, and we still talk about the 9900, we were just YESTERDAY. It’s the holidays, people stray off topic occasionally but the main point is we all get along. Reminds me of Zuckerberg killing Whatsapp and FB for BBOS, it’s just more rules and censorship and personally I’m tired of it. If it wasn’t for this thread NO ONE would even be mentioning the 9900/9930 anymore.

Not going to worry about it. They can ban me if they want if there is absolutely no tolerance for straying off topic a bit. The problem is if you post about things like Net Neutrality in the General forum those threads are like a blood fest, no one knows anyone and it’s just a fight, threads get locked. Here we had a tiff (and that’s still a form of communication) and we all made up and became better friends. Look at Chuck and I, we were always at odds and now net buddies.

So whatever
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 12-31-17 at 03:24 PM.
    rayporsche and Frehley like this.
    12-31-17 01:48 PM
    As the 9900 is no longer the topic of discussion, the thread has been moved to the Off Topic/Rehab forum.
    Most replies have a correlation to the 9900, a discussion about whatsapp and facebook is a direct topic of the 9900, to move it to an "off topic" forum is an effort to take away credibility of the 9900 users and make it seem like nobody wants to use them anymore.

anon(10321802) and rayporsche like this.
    12-31-17 01:52 PM
    Veering "off topic" i've noticed that in the last few hours Whatsapp has been giving me a vague notification on my Priv saying "You may have new messages" and when i send messages it shows the message as pending for 1-2 minutes before delivering. I wonder if it has something to do with millions of New Years messages and broadcasts from the eastern countries ?

RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-31-17 01:55 PM
    Most replies have a correlation to the 9900, a discussion about whatsapp and facebook is a direct topic of the 9900, to move it to an "off topic" forum is an effort to take away credibility of the 9900 users and make it seem like nobody wants to use them anymore.

Also remember that I started this thread because if anyone even mentioned the 9900 in the general forum we were torn to pieces, mocked and made fun of for using such an old Blackberry. I agree with you and I personally think it’s much better we have our own little corner of blackberry like we do in the 9900 forum to talk about these things without being bashed.
    12-31-17 01:56 PM
    Also remember that I started this thread because if anyone ever mentioned the 9900 in the general form we were torn to pieces, mocked and made fun of for using such an old Blackberry. I agree with you and I personally think it’s much better we have our own little corner of blackberry like we did talk about these things without being bashed.
    Exactly, and it looks like somebody wants to take away any credibility of this forum, even though last year it was featured as a very prominent and growing forum on the Crackberry website. There are millions of BBOS users still using these phones, if the users ever search online they should come across this first and be able to find solutions to any problems they're having or to ask a question, i even got granted Trusted Member status by Mobile Nations because of my contributions to this forum and helping people set up Gmail on the 9900.

12-31-17 01:58 PM
    Exactly, and it looks like somebody wants to take away any credibility of this forum, even though last year it was featured as a very prominent and growing forum on the Crackberry website. There are millions of BBOS users still using these phones, if the users ever search online they should come across this first and be able to find solutions to any problems they're having or to ask a question, i even got granted Trusted Member status by Mobile Nations because of my contributions to this forum and helping people set up Gmail on the 9900.

ah, don’t worry about it. It won’t make a difference. It will kill the thread and that’s probably what they want.
    12-31-17 02:03 PM
    Hey Collins keep us posted if Whatsapp still works smoothly after midnight ON THE 9900
    12-31-17 02:07 PM
    Veering "off topic" i've noticed that in the last few hours Whatsapp has been giving me a vague notification on my Priv saying "You may have new messages" and when i send messages it shows the message as pending for 1-2 minutes before delivering. I wonder if it has something to do with millions of New Years messages and broadcasts from the eastern countries ?

Wait, ARE WE ALLOWED TO MENTION THE PRIV ANYMORE IN THIS THREAD????

I wonder if it is like what Apple is trying to do, they try to cover every update for EVERY device they have all at once and it is causing issues. So I wonder if the WhatsApp fiasco is starting to cause issues for other devices that use it as well.

Ok so do you think Whatsapp is being killed off for the PRIV now too or just some error?
    12-31-17 02:09 PM
8,754 ... 294295296297298 ...