...Besides 1/2 of Canada is down here right now anyway. First rounds on me...
    The other half is here in Arizona!
    12-30-17 02:09 PM
    The other half is here in Arizona!
    If Canadians were say......banned from going down there and not contributing to your economy when it crashed in 07/08 then those places like resorts would have probably been abandoned by now.

I will never forget seeing million dollar houses in Florida up for sale when the economy tanked and who bought them? CANADIANS, and those people were so happy to get ANYTHING they could for their houses because they had nothing left. Many sold for around 250-350,000.

Thank God Canada had stricter banking regulations and none of that “EZ” loan crap and then the payments get higher and higher and eventually no one could afford their mortgage payments. (Sometimes govt. regulation can protect people as well)

Hotels, resorts, goods and services, stores, boat rental etc all benefit from tourism.

Just sayin’
    12-30-17 02:53 PM
    If Canadians were say......banned from going down there and not contributing to your economy when it crashed in 07/08 then those places like resorts would have probably been abandoned by now.
    Good grief, Ralph -- what made you think I was _complaining_?
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-30-17 03:05 PM
    Good grief, Ralph -- what made you think I was _complaining_?
    To be honest I’m never sure anymore considering the massive debate we just had a few days ago.

Just more of an FYI post really, but don’t misunderstand it as aggression.

In other news, it’s taking about 12 hours to charge my BlackBerry battery, my newest one which is actually from the end of 2015. I’m going to condition the other two later and I hope they’re OK. Never took this long before.
    12-30-17 03:07 PM
    To be honest I’m never sure anymore considering the massive debate we just had a few days ago.
    It's a looong way from posting some under-publicized facts about a particular government policy to somehow wishing Canadians would go home... Heck, I sing the Canadian national anthem every time a hockey team visits from the Great White North!
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-30-17 03:45 PM
    It's a looong way from posting some under-publicized facts about a particular government policy to somehow wishing Canadians would go home... Heck, I sing the Canadian national anthem every time a hockey team visits from the Great White North!
    Hahahaha hey check your messages in here
    12-30-17 03:46 PM
    I dig how it glows a bright green when the battery is full (powered down of course)

Too bad all devices didn’t do this!

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3314.jpg
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    12-30-17 05:12 PM
    Who thinks WhatsApp will shut down once it strikes midnight 31st or if they will wait until the end of the day in the 31st? If any of us believe the first option, i will let you know in a few minutes as midnight is approaching in Ireland, about 33 minutes left to see if my whatsapp capabilities are shut down.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-30-17 05:27 PM
    Who thinks WhatsApp will shut down once it strikes midnight 31st or if they will wait until the end of the day in the 31st? If any of us believe the first option, i will let you know in a few minutes as midnight is approaching in Ireland, about 33 minutes left to see if my whatsapp capabilities are shut down.

Lol I did post an article where they think the basic functioning will carry on BUT some other features might not

What is your date set to?
    12-30-17 05:30 PM
    Lol I did post an article where they think the basic functioning will carry on BUT some other features might not

What is your date set to?
    Oh, so they think that it will still continue to work just not get anymore updates? My date is set to the date it is December 30th 2017 haha
    12-30-17 05:33 PM
    Oh, so they think that it will still continue to work just not get anymore updates? My date is set to the date it is December 30th 2017 haha
    Hold on I’m trying to find that article I read before in the B.B. section of Appy-Geek, I did find this where supposedly the entire B.B. app world will be killed, but maybe I read it wrong, see what you think.....

WhatsApp Bids Adieu to BlackBerry OS, Windows Phone 8.0
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.HrcyS

So basically don’t delete any apps because you cannot get them again?
    12-30-17 05:37 PM
    Hold on I’m trying to find that article I read before in the B.B. section of Appy-Geek, I did find this where supposedly the entire B.B. app world will be killed, but maybe I read it wrong, see what you think.....

WhatsApp Bids Adieu to BlackBerry OS, Windows Phone 8.0
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.HrcyS

So basically don’t delete any apps because you cannot get them again?
    There has been a few discrepancies in the reporting of this I noticed, this article is basically saying it will work if you have already a registered account but you can't re-register, so if you have to re-load the OS whatsapp will not be an option anymore. This is what happened with Viber for me and Line, I had to re-load my OS and couldn't reactivate my accounts. Thankfully I will be able to use the android apk on my Classic, I found an instagram apk that works on my Classic, it's so smooth and fast and even opens the instagram stories.
    12-30-17 05:41 PM
    FOIND IT COLLINS

might not be as bad as you think ( but who really knows)

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_3316.jpg

WhatsApp Halts Windows Phone 8, BlackBerry OS Support
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.HrT7g
    12-30-17 05:42 PM
    There has been a few discrepancies in the reporting of this I noticed, this article is basically saying it will work if you have already a registered account but you can't re-register, so if you have to re-load the OS whatsapp will not be an option anymore. This is what happened with Viber for me and Line, I had to re-load my OS and couldn't reactivate my accounts. Thankfully I will be able to use the android apk on my Classic, I found an instagram apk that works on my Classic, it's so smooth and fast and even opens the instagram stories.
    Right.

I never had smooth running Viber or Line on my 9900 but Whatsapp always was perfect! In fact the most “perfect” apps I ever used on my Blackberries, Whatsapp and Facebook were both killed by Zuckerberg. That’s like owning a perfectly running Ferrari and you are forced to return it because it’s a few years old!
    12-30-17 05:45 PM

I will never forget seeing million dollar houses in Florida up for sale when the economy tanked and who bought them? CANADIANS, and those people were so happy to get ANYTHING they could for their houses because they had nothing left. Many sold for around 250-350,000.

Thank God Canada had stricter banking regulations and none of that “EZ” loan crap and then the payments get higher and higher and eventually no one could afford their mortgage payments. (Sometimes govt. regulation can protect people as well)

Hotels, resorts, goods and services, stores, boat rental etc all benefit from tourism.

Just sayin’
    I wasn't complaining. I did offer to buy first round. If RJ promises to behave, I might even offer second round too...
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-30-17 05:45 PM
    I wasn't complaining. I did offer to buy first round. If RJ promises to behave, I might even offer second round too...
    I hear Kentucky Bourbon is supposed to be good, but trust me if you get into a bar fight you want me on your side.
    12-30-17 05:48 PM
    Since there's plenty of speculation among everyone trying to mince words spread through a number of articles, I'd just like to clear up exactly what is going to happen with the BlackBerry 10 client*:

The December 31, 2017 date has not changed. It is for real this time. However, since I know that many of you will "run to town" on the forums if the app doesn't die in your face at the stroke of midnight, here's how things are actually going to happen (at least on BlackBerry 10):

Once the date passes Dec 31 2017, the app will go into "deprecation" mode. It will still continue to function for a short grace period, but some behaviors will change. Most importantly, you will no longer be able to re-register your account with the app. That means if you delete and reinstall it (or install it on a different phone), it will no longer allow you to verify your phone number and complete the setup process.

After the grace period, which is approximately two weeks after the published date, the app will go into "expired" mode. At this point it will stop functioning as a usable WhatsApp client, and thus will no longer connect to our servers. (Around this same time, our servers will stop allowing the client to connect as well.) However, once it is expired, the BlackBerry 10 client app may still allow you to access your existing message content on your phone. This behavior should be similar to what was seen by everyone who forgot to update their app the last time our published expiration date had passed.

Note: If you want to try the "Export for Android" feature that's been mentioned in some other threads, please do it (or at least try to do it) before your app is cut off. Part of the initial setup process for this feature requires a connection to our servers.

(* The client being referred to here is the native "WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10" application. None of our language refers to the Android client, because it has never been an officially supported option. The Android client may continue to work past this date, but no effort has been or will be made to ensure compatibility. As such, it could break at any time. Therefore, to continue using WhatsApp, switching to a real Android phone is strongly recommended.)
    This is from actual WhatsApp developer who explains in detail what to expect.....
    12-30-17 05:51 PM
    I hear Kentucky Bourbon is supposed to be good, but trust me if you get into a bar fight you want me on your side.
    I've always EXPECTED to have you on my side... We can always disagree and still be CrackBerry family. I've always been about freedoms, whether I agree or not, inalienable right....
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-30-17 05:53 PM
    I've always EXPECTED to have you on my side... We can always disagree and still be CrackBerry family. I've always been about freedoms, whether I agree or not, inalienable right....
    Like up here, firearms are a “privilege” and it can be taken away, but in the US you have the second Ammendment so it is a right (We also have mandated safety training before we can own a firearm and a special card proving we are not criminals to buy ammo)

But what about driving a car? Is that considered a right or a privilege there?
    12-30-17 05:56 PM
    Like up here, firearms are a “privilege” and it can be taken away, but in the US you have the second Ammendment so it is a @right.”. (We also have mandated safety training before we can own a firearm and a special card proving we are not criminals to buy ammo)

But what about driving a car? Is that considered a right or a privilege there?
    Privileged to drive... My ammo card is Visa or Mastercard...
    12-30-17 05:58 PM
    Privileged to drive... My ammo card is Visa or Mastercard...
    You should see the news here, it has been in the paper and they are asking people HOW CAN THE POLICE STOP DISTRACTED DRIVING, because the police are at a loss. Police have even resorted to riding in city buses and they catch several Texters this way on their cell phones but I submitted a “bounty” idea where if I see a driver texting then someone should take a pic of them and they should lose their car.

Ammo is expensive here because for the last few years supposedly many Americans were “hoarding.” We have a massive hunting industry here and thousands of Americans come up to hunt way up north.
    12-30-17 06:03 PM
    Right.

I never had smooth running Viber or Line on my 9900 but Whatsapp always was perfect! In fact the most “perfect” apps I ever used on my Blackberries, Whatsapp and Facebook were both killed by Zuckerberg. That’s like owning a perfectly running Ferrari and you are forced to return it because it’s a few years old!
    That man is the biggest ***** ever, and huge hypocrite. He covers the webcams on his laptops for security reasons and the only reasons Facebook and Whatsapp got killed is because there are certain security features the apps can't get around in accessing the data on the phones or data snooping like on the other platforms. I never had an issue with Facebook or Whatsapp on any of the Blackberry Operating systems. It's not like there's a lack of blackberry users using these apps, there are still millions of BBOS and BB10 users and i think Whatsapp is probably the most used messaging app that us BlackBerry users can be included on. Whatsapp can't even be considered "cross platform" anymore because the killed it for an entire brand's operating system. i don't even understand why they killed Windows Mobile OS support, they'll say "not enough users" but they're all just excuses. I wonder if they are actually happy with losing millions of users?

RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-30-17 06:06 PM
    That man is the biggest ***** ever, and huge hypocrite. He covers the webcams on his laptops for security reasons and the only reasons Facebook and Whatsapp got killed is because there are certain security features the apps can't get around in accessing the data on the phones or data snooping like on the other platforms. I never had an issue with Facebook or Whatsapp on any of the Blackberry Operating systems. It's not like there's a lack of blackberry users using these apps, there are still millions of BBOS and BB10 users and i think Whatsapp is probably the most used messaging app that us BlackBerry users can be included on. Whatsapp can't even be considered "cross platform" anymore because the killed it for an entire brand's operating system. i don't even understand why they killed Windows Mobile OS support, they'll say "not enough users" but they're all just excuses. I wonder if they are actually happy with losing millions of users?

Unfortunately for many, losing 1/10 of 1% is acceptable loss, regardless of reasons...
    12-30-17 06:09 PM

It’s all about $$$ to them and if the guy at the top only cares about money they will do what they have to, even though the infrastructure is built and working like a Swiss watch.

I can’t get my friends to even consider using BBM anymore so I deleted it off my iPhone a long time ago. So now if I go back to the 9990 the only texting based communication would be regular SMS texting.
    12-30-17 06:11 PM
    Unfortunately for many, losing 1/10 of 1% is acceptable loss, regardless of reasons...
    Check your inbox Chuck, let me know if my vid plays
    12-30-17 06:12 PM
8,754 ... 293294295296297 ...