It’s too late anyway don’t worry about it. I’m more to blame than anyone here so, if they want to delete those posts they can.
    This thread is about everything at this point (~7300 posts in!). I would object to us being censored for straying into politics. We're all capable of being civil and having a thoughtful discussion. We might even learn something from each other The people who post here are great, and I have a lot of respect for the ideas expressed here, even if I don't always agree with them. Everyone's position is based on their own experience.

I may be the only one here (I don't know), but I'm pro-union. I've been a union executive member and bargaining chair. The vast majority of us will never own our own businesses, and have little bargaining power as individuals when confronting large corporations or agencies. I've also found that the people I work with often seem to care every bit as much or more about getting our jobs done, and done well, as the management does. So I'm proud of what I've managed to do for a lot of hard-working and dedicated people.
    RaybanRJ and mushroom_daddy like this.
    12-27-17 06:57 PM
    This thread is about everything at this point (~7300 posts in!). I would object to us being censored for straying into politics. We're all capable of being civil and having a thoughtful discussion. We might even learn something from each other The people who post here are great, and I have a lot of respect for the ideas expressed here, even if I don't always agree with them. Everyone's position is based on their own experience.

I may be the only one here (I don't know), but I'm pro-union. I've been a union executive member and bargaining chair. The vast majority of us will never own our own businesses, and have little bargaining power as individuals when confronting large corporations or agencies. I've also found that the people I work with often seem to care every bit as much or more about getting our jobs done, and done well, as the management does. So I'm proud of what I've managed to do for a lot of hard-working and dedicated people.
    Hey man what was your Reddit name again? DM me if you want.
    12-27-17 07:09 PM
    So I asked my cousin about this because he’s been reading a lot about this lately, anyway here’s what he said.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3afc741461.jpg
    Trust me; I'm not the uninformed one here. I understand the difference between the FCC and the FTC. What few people seem to get is that until 2015, it was the FTC who "rode herd" over the ISPs and telecoms -- not the FCC. The authority has been returned to the FTC, and now a set of regulations (Title II) written in _1934_ can no longer be applied to the ISPs and telecoms.

Obama's flunky, then-FCC chair Tom Wheeler -- who, btw, always thought Title II was too heavy-handed and worked for _years_ to forge a compromise -- went along with Obama's power grab and voted for the FCC to regulate under Title II.

Again, if you're interested in what actually went down, I'm happy to send you some articles -- and not from "scary Fox news" or whatever you are choosing to label -- ironically, in Trumpian fashion -- as fake news.
    12-27-17 08:00 PM
    Trust me; I'm not the uninformed one here. I understand the difference between the FCC and the FTC. What few people seem to get is that until 2015, it was the FTC who "rode herd" over the ISPs and telecoms -- not the FCC. The authority has been returned to the FTC, and now a set of regulations (Title II) written in _1934_ can no longer be applied to the ISPs and telecoms.

Obama's flunky, then-FCC chair Tom Wheeler -- who, btw, always thought Title II was too heavy-handed and worked for _years_ to forge a compromise -- went along with Obama's power grab and voted for the FCC to regulate under Title II.

Again, if you're interested in what actually went down, I'm happy to send you some articles -- and not from "scary Fox news" or whatever you are choosing to label -- ironically, in Trumpian fashion -- as fake news.
    Sure post me the link and I’ll foreword it to him. He knows more about all this than I do.
    12-27-17 08:07 PM
    Sure post me the link and I’ll foreword it to him. He knows more about all this than I do.
    You betcha.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-27-17 08:12 PM
    If I have to buy a 9930 to stop the political debates I will!
    12-27-17 09:02 PM
    If I have to buy a 9930 to stop the political debates I will!
    You had one, and you sold it, do you see what happens? This is all your fault! ;-)
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-27-17 09:12 PM
    You had one, and you sold it, do you see what happens? This is all your fault! ;-)
    Oh, so it's "blame Newfangled" now? ;-)
    RaybanRJ and David Tyler like this.
    12-27-17 09:51 PM
    Ha! "Blame Newfangled..." !! Lol. Quite a lot to fit on a T shirt... Lol.

Growing pains of an infant technology? Worth pondering the spirited debates a century ago as industries, governments and cultures wrestled with the then infantile motorized personal transport technology... Haha... Things like speed limits and even which side of the road to drive were far from sorted out. Here we are a century later...
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-28-17 12:13 AM
    Ha! "Blame Newfangled..." !! Lol. Quite a lot to fit on a T shirt... Lol.
    Yup! He had a NEW IN BOX 9900, remember.....then he sold it (I think)

I mean that’s kinda like owning a DaVinci painting and eating a pizza off of it or something ^_^
    12-28-17 12:16 AM
    Haha... Pretty safe to say you're liking your previous two 99's? Lol. In my industry we call that "repeat customer". 99's charms are enchantingly addictive.
    yes, im liking other two. have given one to my relative and other was having some issues.

thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-28-17 04:26 AM
    i badly need help with setting up whatsapp.

i tried whatsapp from app world and beta version but it always says "Unfortunately whatsapp no longer supports this deviice"

anyway to get it through?

tried with old sim and new sim too.

12-28-17 04:30 AM
    Didn't I read somewhere that you could set the 9900 clock back a few years, then setup whatsapp and it would work? Whatever you do, do it fast before end of year...
    12-28-17 08:26 AM
    Didn't I read somewhere that you could set the 9900 clock back a few years, then setup whatsapp and it would work? Whatever you do, do it fast before end of year...
    perfectly worked, thanks a lot!

RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-28-17 08:42 AM
    Hey man what was your Reddit name again? DM me if you want.
    I'm "visiblink" on Reddit.
    12-28-17 09:23 AM
    Things like ... which side of the road to drive were far from sorted out.
    In BC, you drove on the right side of the road on the mainland (where American influences were more predominant) and on the left side on Vancouver Island (where British influences were stronger). Apparently, getting on and off the ferries was an experience!
    12-28-17 09:27 AM
    In BC, you drove on the right side of the road on the mainland (where American influences were more predominant) and on the left side on Vancouver Island (where British influences were stronger). Apparently, getting on and off the ferries was an experience!
    Lol... Some folks in the world still prefer driving on the "wrong" side... Lol. . Only thing worse would be chaos generated by a transition to the "proper" side... Lol.

Recall a story (by Paul Harvey or??)... An elderly wife saw live aerial footage of some car driving the wrong direction on a stretch of interstate she knew her elderly husband would be driving thru. She called him to alert him... he exclaimed "...they're ALL driving the wrong direction!!!"... Lol

Technology inevitably leaps ahead of humanity's best intentions, at some point. Humanity itself is still steep up the learning curve of life... Lol.

My 99 lives most time in left hand primarily because it does most of my numeric heavy lifting. Other use cases result in different priorities for others. Diversity is a wondrous thing!!
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-28-17 10:29 AM
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-28-17 01:24 PM
    See the fruit?
    No further comment needed.
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-25542414_923437964479489_9074961511718995978_o.jpg  
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-29-17 06:04 AM
    See the fruit?
    No further comment needed.
    Haha... Note the year...

Is that what's left of BBW? Is that what's left of BBW staff on the scaffold?? Sure hope that fellow gets a chance to go inside and check on BBW server ONE of these years... lol.
    12-29-17 08:44 AM
    perfectly worked, thanks a lot!
    In about two weeks, it will never work again.
    12-29-17 11:42 AM
    After about a year without BIS I'm back! Kept my Bold but put it away for awhile. Recently switched back to Koodo and I'm in BIS bliss again! Gmail, check. Google calendar, check. Twitter (via Uber Social), check. Web, sort of. I've got Opera Mini install, but I prefer the native browser. However on the native browser I'm getting lots of "There was a problem establishing a score connection" pop-ups. No doubt this is due to old certificates on device. Is the a cure? Probably not lol.
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-29-17 11:57 AM
    After about a year without BIS I'm back! Kept my Bold but put it away for awhile. Recently switched back to Koodo and I'm in BIS bliss again! Gmail, check. Google calendar, check. Twitter (via Uber Social), check. Web, sort of. I've got Opera Mini install, but I prefer the native browser. However on the native browser I'm getting lots of "There was a problem establishing a score connection" pop-ups. No doubt this is due to old certificates on device. Is the a cure? Probably not lol.
    Even the regular Twitter app works beautifully. Did you have to resend the service books?
    12-29-17 12:14 PM
    Even the regular Twitter app works beautifully. Did you have to resend the service books?
    The Twitter app wasn't working for me. Gives me a network error (don't have it handy at the moment).

Didn't have to resend the service books as I was with Koodo the last time I had BIS too. Though as I type this I may have installed, what is it called, the service book floating around for people without BIS that you install yourself. Going to have to check that out later. I just popped the sim back into my iPhone as I've got some time to spend in the local arena while my son has hockey practices and I'm going to watch some Amazon Prime Video. But I'll play with the service books and Twitter later. lol, my phone's a real Frankenstein. I've got an unlocked Rogers mobo (boots with the Rogers logo still) inside a brand new (when I bought it last year) T-Mobile body/screen/keyboard, running on Koodo's network. Still, I love it!
    12-29-17 12:45 PM
    The Twitter app wasn't working for me. Gives me a network error (don't have it handy at the moment).

Didn't have to resend the service books as I was with Koodo the last time I had BIS too. Though as I type this I may have installed, what is it called, the service book floating around for people without BIS that you install yourself. Going to have to check that out later. I just popped the sim back into my iPhone as I've got some time to spend in the local arena while my son has hockey practices and I'm going to watch some Amazon Prime Video. But I'll play with the service books and Twitter later. lol, my phone's a real Frankenstein. I've got an unlocked Rogers mobo (boots with the Rogers logo still) inside a brand new (when I bought it last year) T-Mobile body/screen/keyboard, running on Koodo's network. Still, I love it!
    Yeah but sometimes the problem is like I would pop the Sim between the iPhone and the 9900 also but occasionally with the Sim in the 9900 the emails would stop and usually resending the service books right on the 9900 did the trick, but one time it didn’t and when I had to phone Rogers, thank God I had a girl who started with Rogers in 2010 or so and she remembered from years before how to send the service books from the service provider. After rebooting I had a flood of emails come into my 9900.

You can try resending your service books anytime I believe by going to your email account on the 9900 and then click the BlackBerry dotted button for options and then there is a a clickable “send Service Books”

Ha ha yeah my 9900 is unlocked when I bought it, mine has the Rogers logo also but I’m glad that Rogers is my company otherwise I’ll be looking at a Telus or sasktel logo probably.
    12-29-17 12:52 PM
8,754 ... 291292293294295 ...