I love it already, it is a huge difference in comparison to the Q10 i had, if this had been my first BB10 device i don't think i would have returned to the 9900, i love the keyboard on the Classic, i did increase the font size to 12 so the Remember Notes is more similar to the BB7 memopad which is what i needed.
    In Europe it's still really hard to find a cheap Classic in black that isn't totally scratched and battered, getting a pristine, practically new white Classic for $60 is something of a christmas miracle haha. Once it reaches 100% full charge it's going back in the box and getting wrapped until Monday

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    New toy for Xmas! Nice. It looks great.
    12-23-17 09:32 AM
    New toy for Xmas! Nice. It looks great.
    Thanks yes a very nice toy for christmas and to use Whatsapp on when they finally stop it on BBOS. The price was a christmas miracle haha.

12-23-17 09:34 AM
    Yep, abandoning toolbelt on Q10 stranded far too many legacy users. Imo. If toolbelt Classic with 10.3.3 had ushered in BB10, in 2013, I'd predict most legacy users would have migrated. Possibly enough to jumpstart BB10's app ecosystem?? Who knows... Things might have turned out quite differently. ??? Nvrkno. Lol.

Truly is remarkable that BIS just keeps working after all these years and they feel no need to charge a price for that. Especially VZW who never fails to scheme some way charge extra for EVERYthing. Lol. Just too nad that that existing BIS infrastructure couldn't be rolled in to a security oriented niche product...??? Oh well... Lol.
    It's actually too bad they couldn't make BIS work with a regular data plan (and thus be carrier independent) and license it off to some independent operator, like they did with BBM and the phones. It's amazing that you can still have hundreds of thousands of subscribers (possibly millions) and not be profitable. A startup would kill for a recurring subscriber base like that.

Anyways, it's completely unrealistic with no new BIS phones available, and the subscriber base doomed to shrink continuously into nothingness. But realism has never been a prerequisite for posting on CrackBerry.
    12-23-17 09:44 AM
    Not aiming to pile on Classic but as a heads up... which day, month, year is selected in Classic's Calendar below? (3Feb2018). Lol. Latest update, btw.

Good thing they never enabled the Time Travel check box!!! Little wonder their development team missed launch date!!!
    Heads up! Lol...

Attachment 432601
    After it rebooted I checked it, it says December 23rd 2017
    12-23-17 09:48 AM
    Oh wow haha, i didn't check the calendar before installing the latest update, it's currently rebooting now it was definitely a 10.3.3.3xxx number.

Well, it can be worked with. Just be aware and double check... if you even use month view. Lol.

First time I noticed was about half a year into my Classic as secondary carry. Our IT guy had been after us to "quit living in the past and move up to modern"... lol. I popped up calendar on conference room 100" display in preparation for scheduling meeting and noticed the fubar. Most at the table continued discussing other things and didn't notice so I quietly shut it off and switched to 99 over Playbook HDMI. Already set up for other things. IT guy leaned over and whispered something like "you gotta give up the past SOME day, Steve...". Lol. I waited till after the meeting and pointed out the obvious amateur hour programming snafu and asked him to please point out a date when the future becomes the past... ROTFLMAO!!! He's said NO more about "the past" since. Haha.
    12-23-17 09:49 AM
    After it rebooted I checked it, it says December 23rd 2017 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e195ea22fa.jpg
    From that point, slowly scroll down to select 3Feb... but stop on that row... it'll finally catch up and correct itself if you scroll to the row containing 4Feb.

Then you can scroll backward to similar effect. It can be worked with, just gotta be aware...
    12-23-17 09:54 AM
    I find it amusing when people sell their old smartphones on eBay and forget to wipe the memory. Especially a Blackberry. My last purchase, the owner not only didn't wipe the memory, but his contacts were all there, so were his apps, his notes, his videos, his pictures. Lots of pictures, mostly of birds. And best of all, his 8GB card was still in the device! Bonus, thanks! Well, he did sell it "as is..."
    anon(8063781) and RaybanRJ like this.
    12-23-17 10:25 AM
    I find it amusing when people sell their old smartphones on eBay and forget to wipe the memory. Especially a Blackberry. My last purchase, the owner not only didn't wipe the memory, but his contacts were all there, so were his apps, his notes, his videos, his pictures. Lots of pictures, mostly of birds. And best of all, his 8GB card was still in the device! Bonus, thanks! Well, he did sell it "as is..."
    My LifeDrive came loaded with documents, music, podcasts, appointments, etc. People must not worry about privacy much.
    12-23-17 10:33 AM
    ...And I even refused to relinquish my Classic to strangers for new battery install. Lol. How do you wipe a Classic with fried battery? ?? I bought a new one. Old one still waiting to find time to repair it myself. Lol.

Biggest privacy concern for me is contacts. Guess I feel responsible to clients who trust me with their info... go figure...
    12-23-17 11:53 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...698839e201.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f9a7212af0.jpg

Hey everyone, the white Classic arrived today, it still has the shrink wrapping that comes with the new devices, even on the camera lens, I think I was very lucky to get this phone for £50 ($60 usd) especially on eBay where the cheapest is around $200 for a white model. The material of the back is the same as the back door on the white Bold 9900, I think it looks even better than the Black Classic. That being said, I'm going to continue using the 9900 everyday until BIS stops working, but I will have WhatsApp set up on the Classic for when the BlackBerry version no longer works.
    Classy like my white 9780 was (before the full gold chassis of course)
    12-23-17 12:13 PM
    I remember always thinking my God it takes forever to wipe a BlackBerry clean, but then I appreciated it when I read an article about why blackberries take so long to do that and that’s because they scour the entire device and every corner of the Device to make sure everything is fully wiped. So that is a good thing. They also mentioned that if you’re going to trade or sell your old android or iOS device you may as well drill holes in it because anything can be recovered supposedly.
    12-23-17 12:19 PM
    What can I do on 99 that CAN'T be done on k1? Sort of like asking what can be done with my Porsche that CAN'T be done with my F350 Crew Cab Dually. I CAN drive that F350 up coastal Hwy 1. Porsche is better suited for Hwy 1. Porsche can cover the same miles in half the time. Assuming I don't get ticketed or arrested. Lol. F350 is better suited for hauling & towing stuff. Pretty basic application of the right tool for the right job.

What does my 99 do better than k1? In a word: Work. Specifically, fielding messages & calls, working spreadsheets. Collaborating with coworkers & colleagues. Troubleshooting with client personnel. Etc, etc. Like my f350, K1 CAN do these things. Like my porsche, 99 can do these things in half the time. For me. And that is allowing for a GENEROUS "learning curve" handicap. I'm still learning K1 and developing technique but really can't yet achieve even 1/4 of the work load on K1 that I get done with 99. So far. And that's just comparing single handset with single handset. There's no way I'd ever contemplate double fisting two K1's simultaneously. That use demands single handed proficiency from both handsets. 99 is absolute master of single handed proficiency. Classic's toolblelt makes it pretty single handed friendly also. The two combined, one in each hand, simultaneously, can field hundreds of collaborative messages in a 12hr day... AND, I still have some energy at day's end.

99's un-distracted single handed proficiency also gets leveraged when I'm not in the office, trying to live a life. I get a LOT of work done with 99 over meals, for example. NOT with the wife, tho!! Lol. Simply because 99 can be FULLY operated without ever involving my right hand. Ever. I've gone days at a time without even touching 99 with my right hand!! I've yet to visualize a pathway to achieving that single handed performance level with k1.

And then there's TYPING! K1's KB is surprisingly good, for what it is. BUT, that keyboard is stuck under a glass slab that makes the size of the thing too large for maintaining a solid, wiggle free, grasp while typing. Imo. Unlike zero force, zero displacement VKB, PKB demands some slight force and some slight displacement to press keys. That force and displacement must be resisted and stabilized in equal & opposite Newtonian ways. K1 is simply too large for solidly stable single handed grasp to provide optimal zero error typing and editing speed & precision. Imo. Classic really is oversized, also, but compensates for editing, at least, by virtue of its toolbelt. A toolbelt that also provides PHYSICAL "end" key! A privacy essential when fielding rapid fire voice calls from frantic clients! Lol. K1's virtual call "end" is a bad joke typical of touch oriented tablets with telephony provisions added on as an afterthought. The first few times one fails to get a call disconnected and the other party listens to "shop talk" might seem funny, at first. Not so funny for privacy oriented professions like legal, medical, etc... Even engineering... Lol. Imo. Pressing the 99's physical "end" key pretty reliably ENDS the call! Pretty much no matter what other app you've migrated to, mid call. Frequently enough to check & update calendar, or contact data, or spreadsheets, or other messages... 99 reliably kills the call. No migrating back to phone app, or other distractions. Assuring k1 kills the call demands distractions in ways that slow other processes. Compounded by quite a few calls, per hour, that inefficiency alone becomes significant by day's end. Distraction of focus from the topic of the voice call is my biggest complaint.

K1 does some things better than 99. Surfing, movie watching, etc, etc... Like my F350, tho, K1 is simply too large for high speed precision. Imo. I do think it could be a fave of mine, tho, if they'd think a little out of the box and fit K2 with a toolbelt!! Fwiw.

BTW, just typed this on 99, in left hand, over dinner with NO distraction from fork hand priorities!
    Ok. 9900 is arguably better for typing. But there is really nothing else for me.

Conference Calls: BB android software automatically detects conference call logins and allows me to hit "join now". 9900 has to be manually programmed for conference calls. I have never had a problem hanging up a call on the k1...not sure what your point is there.

Email: the bold is surprisingly bad at email management. Maybe it was better with BES, but with BIS and MS Exchange read status does not sync. Gmail is even worse...for those of us who prefer to archive rather than delete, each email requires four touches: Menu- A - scroll to archive- hit Y for Yes.

Work: all of my files for work are on onedrive. Easy to get to on a K1...Unobtainable on the 9900.

Navigating to client office, finding restaurants, submitting expenses, tracking flight status...I think things were better with blackberry travel, but all gone now. And there is no (good) substitute for Google maps.

I bought a bold (2, but a different story) because I love the form factor, and the keyboard. I hoped it could work as my email device...but I think it will be no more than a fun novelty.
    12-23-17 12:20 PM
    ...And I even refused to relinquish my Classic to strangers for new battery install. Lol. How do you wipe a Classic with fried battery? ?? I bought a new one. Old one still waiting to find time to repair it myself. Lol.

Biggest privacy concern for me is contacts. Guess I feel responsible to clients who trust me with their info... go figure...
    I that as their responsibility not mine. I don't give out my personal email or phone to clients. Their fault if they choose to mix the two.
    12-23-17 12:25 PM
    How do you wipe a Classic with fried battery? ??
    New battery or sledge hammer
    12-23-17 12:29 PM
    Haha Verizon is just like Vodafone in Ireland, their prices for Data are insane, Vodafone does own some shares in Verizon so their policies must be mutually agreed and influenced. The Classic seems to be a really good phone, i really like it, but i wont be prematurely retiring the 9900 just yet, i'm going to get every single day of usage out of it before it stops working, and it will stop because a 9900 without BIS is basically an electronic notepad haha.

When you know who eliminates Net Neutrality you can bet that all the prices for everything with mobile phones is going to skyrocket. The problem is most of the companies that we rely on like Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Instagram Gmail everything is based in the US so when they do that it’s going to affect the entire WORLD for data and monthly price plans. And they want to make more $ by charging EXTRA to use the major apps and services so they make more $ at the top. I’m already paying $105 per month (Spotify and AppleCare added) but I might have to go back to the 9900 after this current plan is done, unfortunately there wouldn’t be much time left with BIS when the contract is up.
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 12-24-17 at 12:27 PM.
    12-23-17 12:32 PM
    Haha thats always something i've had a fear of when selling a phone on eBay, i recently sold my iPhone 6 and got a good amount of money for it. This Classic came completely clean, and even though it's used and the price was low it seems to be very lightly if not ever used.

12-23-17 12:36 PM
    When you know who eliminates Net Neutrality you can bet that all the prices for everything with mobile phones is going to skyrocket. The problem is most of the companies that we rely on like Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Instagram Gmail everything is based in the US so when they do that it’s going to affect the entire WORLD for data and monthly price plans. And they want to make more $ by charging EXTRA to use the major apps and services so they make more $ at the top. I’m already paying $105 per month (Spotify and AppleCare added) but I might have to go back to the 9900 after this current plan is done, unfortunately there wouldn’t be much time left with BIS when the contract is up.
    It could affect other countries, but i saw online that Europe doesn't have full net neutrality, some countries have certain provisions but nothing like the net neutrality laws that got reversed in the US. I definitely don't think Ireland has net neutrality because the different internet providers all charge different rates and all have different speeds and they can throttle the speeds if they choose.

12-23-17 12:40 PM
    It could affect other countries, but i saw online that Europe doesn't have full net neutrality, some countries have certain provisions but nothing like the net neutrality laws that got reversed in the US. I definitely don't think Ireland has net neutrality because the different internet providers all charge different rates and all have different speeds and they can throttle the speeds if they choose.

But like I said the problem is the websiteS we use are American and they want to charge everyone for it. It will affect everyone I believe. A lot of companies like Apple and FB are against it because they know a lot of people won’t be able to afford it and it will take away sales. So we will see.
    12-23-17 12:43 PM

I can also see him putting a fee on every country and their service provider For using those services and then the cost will be passed down to the consumer, thats you and me. Without even getting into tariffs that he is putting on us, needless to say not many people in Canada are going to be buying American cars/parts very soon because of this and that money helps the American economy too. They are basically hanging themselves, the economy and driving away customers, not to mention increase pricing will affect everything.
    Last edited by RaybanRJ; 12-23-17 at 01:10 PM.
    12-23-17 12:47 PM
    But like I said the problem is the websiteS we use are American and they want to charge everyone for it. It will affect everyone I believe. A lot of companies like Apple and FB are against it because they know a lot of people won’t be able to afford it and it will take away sales. So we will see.
    Apple is such a funny company, they get their legal tax breaks in Ireland, yet charge the irish consumers the most money for the iPhone's i think the iPhone X 256GB is about 1,200€ if not even more, some networks charge close to 1,300€ without contract or as a pre-paid option. The UK got it bad since last year with Brexit as the excuse, basically they increased the price so that they wouldn't lose out on the same amount of profit because the british pound decreased in value, Apple will always continue to raise the prices and they don't care, however Facebook could definitely see the biggest hit, a lot of people are just casual users and wouldn't think twice about deleting it if they started charging to use it.

RaybanRJ likes this.
    12-23-17 12:47 PM
    Apple is such a funny company, they get their legal tax breaks in Ireland, yet charge the irish consumers the most money for the iPhone's i think the iPhone X 256GB is about 1,200€ if not even more, some networks charge close to 1,300€ without contract or as a pre-paid option. The UK got it bad since last year with Brexit as the excuse, basically they increased the price so that they wouldn't lose out on the same amount of profit because the british pound decreased in value, Apple will always continue to raise the prices and they don't care, however Facebook could definitely see the biggest hit, a lot of people are just casual users and wouldn't think twice about deleting it if they started charging to use it.

I think the iPhone 10 is $1300 Cdn but I believe all the prices are generally fixed and adjusted to be the same in every country, other than deals of course.
    12-23-17 01:12 PM
    Ok. 9900 is arguably better for typing. But there is really nothing else for me.

Conference Calls: BB android software automatically detects conference call logins and allows me to hit "join now". 9900 has to be manually programmed for conference calls. I have never had a problem hanging up a call on the k1...not sure what your point is there.

Email: the bold is surprisingly bad at email management. Maybe it was better with BES, but with BIS and MS Exchange read status does not sync. Gmail is even worse...for those of us who prefer to archive rather than delete, each email requires four touches: Menu- A - scroll to archive- hit Y for Yes.

Work: all of my files for work are on onedrive. Easy to get to on a K1...Unobtainable on the 9900.

Navigating to client office, finding restaurants, submitting expenses, tracking flight status...I think things were better with blackberry travel, but all gone now. And there is no (good) substitute for Google maps.

I bought a bold (2, but a different story) because I love the form factor, and the keyboard. I hoped it could work as my email device...but I think it will be no more than a fun novelty.
    Importance of typing depends on how much you do.

I do conference calls ALL the time... Not sure what's "manual" about it...?? Might be that verizon has automated it on mine? Idk.

Whether "soft end" bites depends on a lot of factors. Out of an office of 28 coworkers, fielding hundreds of calls per day, it caught us about 5 times (that we know of) over about a 9 month period. We laughed off the first 4. 5th time wasn't so funny. Migrating from phone app during a call to check schedule or update spreadsheet (have you tried spreadsheet editing on 99?) opens the possibility for failing to adequately migrate back to phone app and legitimately end the call. For us. Yes, obviously "operator error" but we've NEVER, to date, experienced one SiNGLE failure to end a call on our fleet of 99s. That we know of, at least. Lol.

I don't generally do webmail, and certainly not Gmail, so not much help there. We also archive our emails automatically "elsewhere" so no input from me required. That sounds like more of a Gmail irritation than a bold one, to me. But no real surprise Gmail works smoother on k1, I suppose. Hotmail does work fine on mine... What little I use of it...

HTML has gotten "clunky" of late but i don't mind and truly prefer it that way. That alone might not work for you. I'll take 99's sms/mms over k1's anyday... but personal preference.

We use onedrive and dropbox quite a lot. Its a third party app so we mostly use it to exchange spreadsheets of TBs. Maybe the time Putin wastes reading those might make less time for other mischief. Lol. I've been told that, even tho dropbox is working on my old 99, it's app is no longer available so... BUT "Cloud Explorer for Onedrive" gets the job done and is available, as of a couple days ago.

I still use BB maps quite a lot... Mostly as a second opinion. Pretty basic compared with k1's Gmaps, but it has no trouble finding local restaurants, lodging, clients, etc. Just no "street view". Still like the second opinion for sanity check on routing.

Again, yes you CAN end the call on K1. Yes you CAN archive emails on 99. I simply enumerated things that fit my, personal, priorities. With more info about your priorities, I might have structured things differently. Obviously, 9900 isn't optimally suited to Google dominated universe. My Porsche isn't optimally suited for hauling rigid conduit. It CAN do it, I suppose (with widows down?? Lol), but F350 is better optimized for that task. I suspect K1 is better optimized for telling Gmail not to erase your emails. Only you can prioritize your preferences.

Whatever the theories, I manage to wind up with a DRASTICALLY shorter "tado" list after a day with 99 than after a day with K1 or Classic. I attribute MOST of that disparity to form factor but I'm perfectly happy to accept cognitive inadequacies as my excuse. Lol. Anyone who knows me knows that it's not for lack of personal effort, tho.
    12-23-17 02:22 PM
    New battery or sledge hammer
    Haha... A certain politician tried that... Lol. It's worked for her so far, i suppose. Lol. You might have to get somewhat lucky with that sledge to hit the relevant chip, tho. Always pondered possibilities for microwave ovens but no experience. Lol. Impurities might wreck a batch of steel in a blast furnace...haha. A 1" rose bud should turn the thing into smoking molten puddle in short order... Hack THAT... Lol. This getting sadistic. Think I'll just put a new battery in it. When time permits... Lol.
    12-23-17 03:11 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...698839e201.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f9a7212af0.jpg

Hey everyone, the white Classic arrived today, it still has the shrink wrapping that comes with the new devices, even on the camera lens, I think I was very lucky to get this phone for £50 ($60 usd) especially on eBay where the cheapest is around $200 for a white model. The material of the back is the same as the back door on the white Bold 9900, I think it looks even better than the Black Classic. That being said, I'm going to continue using the 9900 everyday until BIS stops working, but I will have WhatsApp set up on the Classic for when the BlackBerry version no longer works.
    Man, that is a real steal. Love to get one like this.
    12-24-17 12:41 AM
    Do any BB phones have an FM transmitter? I'd like to listen to some radio theater audios on a car without bluetooth capabilities. One solution is just to buy an FM transmitter that plugs into the 3.5 jack on the phone.
    12-24-17 09:51 AM
8,754 ... 287288289290291 ...