It was different situation when Ralph turned into Anon and then Ray. It was sound, like old cassette tapes being played repeatedly over one another until Ralph, Anon, and Ray were blended into Ryphone. Ever since it always takes me a while to remember who Ray is.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I have a small collection of Rayban Wayfarers, Miami Vice is my favourite show and I watch it everyday hence the name. But lately I have acquired another pair .....(that now has custom Purple polarized lenses)

rayporsche likes this.
    12-09-17 11:50 PM
    Started attempting to right hand K1. Reverted to right handing Classic just keep up. No problem now. K1 really, REALLY NEEDS a toolbelt!!! Lol.
    Still getting used to my KEYone, it's a monster sized device, compared to my other BlackBerrys. I suspect it will be some time before it becomes my #1 carry. In the meantime, what's my SIM card in, what's my daily driver? -- the Bold 9900 of course!
    12-10-17 03:23 AM
    If anyone can draw, pls make a cartoon of Steve with the Bold in his left hand and Classic in his right, each of his eyes is looking to the respective direction of each phone, and sipping coffee up from the cup on the table with a straw.
    That is the picture which popped up in my mind after reading the post above, an eyes-wide-apart alien looking guy who is being multi-functioned.

It was different situation when Ralph turned into Anon and then Ray. It was sound, like old cassette tapes being played repeatedly over one another until Ralph, Anon, and Ray were blended into Ryphone. Ever since it always takes me a while to remember who Ray is.

Posted via CB10
    Haha... NOW I know why I found a coffee mug with a straw in it on my desk this morning! Lol. Hmm... Great idea, actually... haha... no doubt SOMEone here at work will derive a cartoon next... haha...

Since Ralph has gone into "witness protection", what do we do with our "Blame Ralph!" T-shirts & mugs??? Lol.
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    12-10-17 08:09 AM
    Still getting used to my KEYone, it's a monster sized device, compared to my other BlackBerrys. I suspect it will be some time before it becomes my #1 carry. In the meantime, what's my SIM card in, what's my daily driver? -- the Bold 9900 of course!
    Yeah. Classic is oversized BUT toolbelt tames it. Optical trackpad and toolbelt truly represented giant leaps in UI proficiency. So sad BB surrendered those so eagerly. K1 desperately needs that great equalizer, imo.

Of course the greatest equalizer would be to shrink that monster into a 9900 chassis... lol.
    12-10-17 08:21 AM
    Of course the greatest equalizer would be to shrink that monster into a 9900 chassis... lol.
    There's a group of Chinese Thinkpad users at NB51.com who have made their own updated motherboard for the Thinkpad X61 ( https://www.notebookcheck.net/Enthus....194630.0.html ), and another group who have long been working on an open motherboard for the Nokia N900 ( Neo900 ). Maybe there's some crazy, obsessed Bold 9900 user out there who will make us an upgraded board too. I can dream, right?
    rayporsche and anon(10321802) like this.
    12-10-17 09:37 AM

Since Ralph has gone into "witness protection", what do we do with our "Blame Ralph!" T-shirts & mugs??? Lol.
    They are probably worth a fortune on eBay and Amazon ;-)

Autographed copies will cost extra!
    12-10-17 03:04 PM
    Looks like people are starting to keep their phones longer....like 4 or 5 years longer.

Report Suggests Consumers Prefer Software Updates Over New Phones
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.HiIiw
    12-10-17 10:49 PM
    Looks like people are starting to keep their phones longer....like 4 or 5 years longer.

Geez, Ralph, you're making us sound average
    RaybanRJ and littlebuff like this.
    12-10-17 11:14 PM
    Geez, Ralph, you're making us sound average
    No, we're not average, we are different ---- Bold users don't get any 'software updates', we just prefer our old devices as they have never been bettered
    12-11-17 01:14 AM

http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.HiIiw
    Lol, I led that trend. My first Bold went for 5 and a half year. And I charge it up from time to time and use it during some weekends when hanging out with the BB fan here.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-17 07:58 AM
    Whatcha talkin' bout Willis ? only 4 or 5 years ?
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-bberry.jpg
    12-11-17 04:25 PM
    Whatcha talkin' bout Willis ? only 4 or 5 years ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBerry.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	432258
    Haha... at least someone else doesn't set the fork down to operate a handset... even that ancient one... lol

AND... "No Mom, I DONT think i'm addicted to my BlackBerry... I AM addicted to getting things done!" GOOD Blackberrys are essential part of that... . Lol.
    12-12-17 10:11 AM
    Couldn't agree with you more Steve and that's probably why I'm still rocking a 9900 & Q20 as my daily devices. I do own many different ones with the same DNA & perhaps more bling and some with different fruit-DNA as well but still. And when I say same DNA I mean same DNA, like a proper old school BlackBerry, no hybrids or a mixed result of a drunken night partying & experimentation if you will, I know I know many call it progress or evolution. Some people just don't understand why and think I'm weird and refuse to move on but that's perfectly fine, if they are happy with what works for them that's cool, I am happy with my choice and what works for me................
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-berryrunsdeep.jpg
    anon(10321802) and idssteve like this.
    12-12-17 11:50 AM
    I've DOWNGRADED from my 9900 now. I acquired an ATT 9300. My first 9300 has the incorrect band, so I got another for $1 + S/H and will save the first one as backup. A good deal, especially as the 2nd phone was in pretty darn good shape! I had a moment of panic though - I did a security wipe of the contacts (the previous owner didn't delete anything!), but when the phone restarted, it got stuck on the Terms and Conditions page. Normally, on a 9900, I could just use the touch screen to scroll, but not on the 9300. And the trackpad wouldn't recognize my commands! I was afraid that I had bricked the phone. After looking through the forum, I can across a solution - CAPS and scroll, and the trackpad worked again. Whew! Something so simple...and yet it took hours...

I downloaded kindle, advanced OS/LED, got BIS up and running, and the phone works great. The non-touchscreen means the battery lasts a pretty long time, although I tap on the screen from time to time, forgetting that won't do anything. The 9330 is also lighter than the 9900 and fits more comfortably in my palm, for what it's worth. Oh...and it's freezing here lately; phone works just fine, unlike some *cough* X phone...

For fun, I also got a palm pixi plus while I was at it. OH BOY. Not activated. That's a whole 'nother story, and I think I'll post a "how-to" thread on WebOSNation so other newbies like me won't go through the labyrinth of dead links and useless tips I had to wallow through to get the pixi up and running properly...
    12-12-17 01:36 PM
    Oh...and it's freezing here lately; phone works just fine, unlike some *cough* X phone...
    To be fair they fixed that long ago, and I’m no fan of the X with gesture navigation. I am a fan of trackpads and home buttons.

rayporsche likes this.
    12-12-17 06:13 PM
    Couldn't agree with you more Steve and that's probably why I'm still rocking a 9900 & Q20 as my daily devices. I do own many different ones with the same DNA & perhaps more bling and some with different fruit-DNA as well but still. And when I say same DNA I mean same DNA, like a proper old school BlackBerry, no hybrids or a mixed result of a drunken night partying & experimentation if you will, I know I know many call it progress or evolution. Some people just don't understand why and think I'm weird and refuse to move on but that's perfectly fine, if they are happy with what works for them that's cool, I am happy with my choice and what works for me................
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Berryrunsdeep.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	432268
    Yep. Standard reply to those questioning MY choices while failing to question their own choices...

"It's a Bold thing, you wouldn't understand...". Lol.

(Old CJ enthusiast, myself. Wranglers are still 'ok', tho... lol)
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-13-17 10:47 AM
    Ok, just found a break in a 20+ hr marathon at location on a troublesome section of line. No outlets to charge from... Guess which handset is still standing? Lol. Classic burned down first. Next k1. 99's on her second "fat boy" and still plugging. Without a plug! Lol. I'm punchy. Need a battery pack for ME! Lol. Things are stable. I'm gonna grab 20 winks & let my "toys" recharge. . Old 99 still showing the youngsters how WORK is done! Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 12-14-17 at 01:34 AM.
    12-14-17 01:20 AM
    The news you have probably been waiting for ;-)

BlackBerry announces at least another two years of support for BB10 and BBOS users
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.Hk1Xl
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    12-15-17 12:36 AM
    The news you have probably been waiting for ;-)

BlackBerry announces at least another two years of support for BB10 and BBOS users
    From the article:

Third, we want to reward your loyalty by committing to providing you with at least two full years of additional support for BB10 and at least two full years of BlackBerry network access for BBOS devices.
    Since "at least two years of Priv updates" meant "almost exactly two years of Priv updates", I think it's safe to say that BIS will end in 2019-20.
    12-15-17 12:42 AM
    From the article:

Since "at least two years of Priv updates" meant "almost exactly two years of Priv updates", I think it's safe to say that BIS will end in 2019-20.
    That’s good, at least now we have a deadline for BIS and we don’t have to hear people whining/speculating about it dying every two minutes.
    ColinsCity likes this.
    12-15-17 12:44 AM
    That’s good, at least now we have a deadline for BIS and we don’t have to hear people whining/speculating about it dying every two minutes.
    It's still sad that they're gonna kill off support for the devices. What confuses me about the BB10 devices is will it still work after 2019 for emails, BBM, and sideloaded apps?

Sent from my STV100-4 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-15-17 04:20 AM
    While BIS is supported on the BlackBerry end, carriers may continue to drop support earlier I wonder??
    ColinsCity likes this.
    12-15-17 04:29 AM
    While BIS is supported on the BlackBerry end, carriers may continue to drop support earlier I wonder??
    that's very true, I knew BIS would eventually be discontinued I just never though the BlackBerry World store for BB10 would be discontinued too. I was going to buy a Classic once BIS was discontinued so I just want to make sure that emails and BBM will work in it.

Sent from my STV100-4 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-15-17 04:48 AM
    SOooo.... that idiotic "EOL statement" back in fall of 2011 was only 8 years premature... lol. 20191231 sounds like a good date to retire. Again... lol.

BBW is already pretty dysfunctional. I'll be getting Classic up and running as best possible asap. Funny how the assumption is that BBW costs them money to maintain but they fail to charge adequately for the service! We are not ALL starving high school users! SOME of us would justify 10x pricing for SOME of the products at BBW! What market model are they implementing? Why are they not even attempting to optimize return to share holders by PRICING EOL products into natural extinction? ??? I've NEVER grasped Waterloo's market strategies. ... ???? Lol.

Still, shutting down BB10 and Priv can make sense since, other than BBW (which they seem committed to NOT earning a dime on. Lol), there's precious little revenue generated there after initial sale. Last I heard, BIS was still generating relatively high margin revenue.... are they saying that they intend to pull the plug on BIS revenues at some date certain? Regardless of subscription numbers? Or might that "at least" verbiage indicate possible flexibility based on how much BIS fees they're still generating in two years???

The "legacy derangement syndrome" BB haters around here will, I'm sure, spend the next two years dancing (and 'other things') on what's left of BB's grave while self congratulating each other for their collective contribution to the demise of WORK optimized mobile technology. Lol.

20200101 will certainly be an interesting date. For BBW, "at least". Lol. Might be fun to run a "ball pot" on how long after that date BIS runs? Good date to schedule my 4th (or would it be 5th??) retirement. Haha...
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    12-15-17 06:33 AM
    SOooo.... that idiotic "EOL statement" back in fall of 2011 was only 8 years premature... lol. 20191231 sounds like a good date to retire. Again... lol.

BBW is already pretty dysfunctional. I'll be getting Classic up and running as best possible asap. Funny how the assumption is that BBW costs them money to maintain but they fail to charge adequately for the service! We are not ALL starving high school users! SOME of us would justify 10x pricing for SOME of the products at BBW! What market model are they implementing? Why are they not even attempting to optimize return to share holders by PRICING EOL products into natural extinction? ??? I've NEVER grasped Waterloo's market strategies. ... ???? Lol.

Still, shutting down BB10 and Priv can make sense since, other than BBW (which they seem committed to NOT earning a dime on. Lol), there's precious little revenue generated there after initial sale. Last I heard, BIS was still generating relatively high margin revenue.... are they saying that they intend to pull the plug on BIS revenues at some date certain? Regardless of subscription numbers? Or might that "at least" verbiage indicate possible flexibility based on how much BIS fees they're still generating in two years???

The "legacy derangement syndrome" BB haters around here will, I'm sure, spend the next two years dancing (and 'other things') on what's left of BB's grave while self congratulating each other for their collective contribution to the demise of WORK optimized mobile technology. Lol.

20200101 will certainly be an interesting date. For BBW, "at least". Lol. Might be fun to run a "ball pot" on how long after that date BIS runs? Good date to schedule my 4th (or would it be 5th??) retirement. Haha...
    I think carriers may have notified BlackBerry of intent to shut down BIS on their end. That or either side may have contractual obligations and the EOL statement may give some wiggle room on either side to keep BIS going strictly on "at-will" basis.
    anon(10321802) and rayporsche like this.
    12-15-17 07:00 AM
8,754 ... 282283284285286 ...