Just now loaded my Key1 with a third party "Keyboard Browser" from "play store"... Despite having to admit using a professionally embarrassing name like "PLAY store" (same complaint I had with letting clients see us using a PLAY book... Lol), the gargantuan thing finally supports shortcuts that SHOULD have been OEM, imo. ... INCLUDING "k" for bookmark!! And "t" for top, "b" for bottom. "I" for zoom in, "o" for zoom out, etc, etc, ... Clearly devved by someone favoring appreciation for BB PKB experience. Encouraging. Heartbreaking that it seems to have taken a third party dev to restore "no brainer" BB features that BB devs themselves didn't.)
    I thought that keyboard shortcuts was one of the big 'pro' selling points for the KEYone !?...
    Shortcuts on every key press etc., perhaps that's limited to general shortcuts (e.g., launching apps, calling contacts) and can't be used within applications.

-- posted via CB10 on my Q10 --
    11-13-17 01:12 PM
    -- and it's _performance_ that keeps those paychecks rolling in. Mama appreciates a certain standard of living..!

Yep. Keeps clients, employees, vendors, management... Happy. And very competent competitors perplexed... Lol. My crew has earned more from performance linked bonuses than wages every year this decade. EXCEPT, 2013... The year we abandoned our Bolds. . My biggest fear is that our competitors might discover our Bold secret... Lol.
    11-13-17 01:33 PM
    I thought that keyboard shortcuts was one of the big 'pro' selling points for the KEYone !?...
    Shortcuts on every key press etc., perhaps that's limited to general shortcuts (e.g., launching apps, calling contacts) and can't be used within applications.

I'm still learning the thing but find Home based shortcuts/speed dials are a marvelous k1 feature. This might change with experience but, for now, my convenience key is programmed for home so I can initiate shortcuts, sight unseen. Still experimenting, tho. Easily might have missed something pretty obvious but I found shortcuts within k1 native browser to be somewhat primitive. Space bar scroll is about all I recall. Don't have it with me, right now tho. Keyboard browser provides a pretty respectable pkb experience. Still no match for Bold's mature refinement but... What is?? Lol.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    11-13-17 01:44 PM
    I don’t think many people under 20 would even know what a Blackberry is anymore.
    They also don't appreciate 27" CRT models and the effort it takes disposing of at the county recycling plant... Until you ask your 18 yr old neighbor for help and have to help carry it to his pickup for him....
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-13-17 02:43 PM
    They also don't appreciate 27" CRT models and the effort it takes disposing of at the county recycling plant... Until you ask your 18 yr old neighbor for help and have to help carry it to his pickup for him....
    Precisely why I still have mine from 1999 I bought a brand new Phillips 32 inch CRT and paid almost $1000 for it it’s still the best sounding TV I’ve ever had in my life. Must weigh about 190 pounds and I don’t even want to impose on my friends to lift it out so I’m going to keep on trucking with it.
    11-13-17 02:51 PM
    Stone age big and heavy seems back in style... lol.
    11-13-17 07:58 PM
    Yes, Kindle works just fine on 99s. And OS6, too. I think I'll give up on an epub reader and just convert the files I want to read into MOBI format. It's easier that way.
    11-13-17 09:49 PM
    Yes, Kindle works just fine on 99s. And OS6, too. I think I'll give up on an epub reader and just convert the files I want to read into MOBI format. It's easier that way.
    Kindle works much better on my 9900 than the Q10, which relies on an Android port that has become increasingly bloated, laggy and unusable with time. I've largely given up with Kindle on my Q10
    That's just one more of the many reasons why the 9900 remains relevant in 2017

idssteve and RaybanRJ like this.
    11-14-17 02:35 AM
    Kindle works much better on my 9900 than the Q10, which relies on an Android port that has become increasingly bloated, laggy and unusable with time. I've largely given up with Kindle on my Q10
    That's just one more of the many reasons why the 9900 remains relevant in 2017

On BB10 I recommend Playepub Book Reader. Reads mobi and other formats.
    11-14-17 06:31 AM
    On BB10 I recommend Playepub Book Reader. Reads mobi and other formats.
    Thanks for the recommendations. I appreciate that there are alternative e-readers, and some of these may work well on BB10. However, I buy a lot of e-books from Amazon and have Kindle working well on several other devices, including my 9900, PlayBook & Android slab, I am therefore most interested in options that easily allow me to sync my current Kindle e-book when I swap devices. I think that a BB10 version of Kindle might remain available in some regions but it doesn't appear on the UK BlackBerry World app store.

11-14-17 04:25 PM
    Sitting here over breakfast reviewing a couple dozen pdfs sent thru couple dozen individual email msgs. K1, Classic and 9930 at hand. K1's monster size should make it "logical choice" for pdf viewing... Still have to zoom & pan to see these pdfs. Misserable without setting fork down to involve right hand. Classic is much easier to single handedly zoom & pan... BUT, every time I return to hub to select next msg, the goophy thing starts at the top of the message list. Forcing me to scroll, and/or sort, thru dozens msgs to get back to the next one in sequence... Maybe there's an option to "open where it left off", or something... ??? Easier to just grab 99, pop up pdf, hit "I" a few times to zoom in, pan around & view & read with trackpad, ... THEN simply hit back button a few times to return to the msg list at the msg I'd just opened, scroll down to next msg in line, open and read and easily return to the NEXT msg in line, and so on, and so on...

Returning to the previous msg in the list is just another example of a "tiny" refinement that really makes things unobtrusively productive on 99...

Back to work...
    rayporsche and mushroom_daddy like this.
    11-19-17 05:36 AM
    Sitting here over breakfast reviewing a couple dozen pdfs sent thru couple dozen individual email msgs. K1, Classic and 9930 at hand. K1's monster size should make it "logical choice" for pdf viewing... Still have to zoom & pan to see these pdfs. Misserable without setting fork down to involve right hand. Classic is much easier to single handedly zoom & pan... BUT, every time I return to hub to select next msg, the goophy thing starts at the top of the message list. Forcing me to scroll, and/or sort, thru dozens msgs to get back to the next one in sequence... Maybe there's an option to "open where it left off", or something... ??? Easier to just grab 99, pop up pdf, hit "I" a few times to zoom in, pan around & view & read with trackpad, ... THEN simply hit back button a few times to return to the msg list at the msg I'd just opened, scroll down to next msg in line, open and read and easily return to the NEXT msg in line, and so on, and so on...

Returning to the previous msg in the list is just another example of a "tiny" refinement that really makes things unobtrusively productive on 99...

Back to work...
    These are the things I like most about OS7. It was so well thought out.

To me, OS7 is the pinnacle of PalmOS development. Yep. You read that right. BlackBerry took everything that was good about the old PalmOS -- the Win 3.1-style design philosophy, the suite of PIM features (calendar, contacts, notes and memos), Outlook Sync, built-in Documents to Go integration -- and made them all better. Much better. Then they added that great keyboard. Thank goodness. I was never good at Palm's Graffiti.

It's funny. In 2013, BlackBerry tried to emulate Palm's webOS. Now Apple's doing it. Plus ca change....
    11-19-17 10:35 AM
    I am currently using an iPhone as my daily driver. It does everything I need fairly well, but I still have to pick up my Classic regularly, if only for the joy of typing on a physical keyboard.

And I still have the occasional urge to get a Bold 99XX again, except I quickly talk myself out of it because my current carrier doesn't support BIS and BBOS 7 doesn't have some of the very basic functionality I need, like full ActiveSync support for multiple calendars.

One of the things that seems to have locked me into iOS is iMessage. All of my immediate family are on iPhones and most of them are non-technical. They wouldn't use a third party IM like Signal or Telegram even if I set it up for them, but they use iMessage because it's built into the OS and "just works". These days, I prefer to use end-to-end encrypted IM instead of SMS, and iMessage allows me to do that with the largest number of family and friends right out of the box.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    11-22-17 07:38 AM
    I am currently using an iPhone as my daily driver. It does everything I need fairly well, but I still have to pick up my Classic regularly, if only for the joy of typing on a physical keyboard.

And I still have the occasional urge to get a Bold 99XX again, except I quickly talk myself out of it because my current carrier doesn't support BIS and BBOS 7 doesn't have some of the very basic functionality I need, like full ActiveSync support for multiple calendars.

One of the things that seems to have locked me into iOS is iMessage. All of my immediate family are on iPhones and most of them are non-technical. They wouldn't use a third party IM like Signal or Telegram even if I set it up for them, but they use iMessage because it's built into the OS and "just works". These days, I prefer to use end-to-end encrypted IM instead of SMS, and iMessage allows me to do that with the largest number of family and friends right out of the box.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    I think you meant to post this in the iMore side. JK LOL
    11-22-17 07:47 AM
    I still cannot get my 9900 with the CB app to recognize my new log-in credentials. The app still worked perfectly and much better than desktop mode IMO.

Still keeping all 3 batteries conditioned.
    11-22-17 09:52 AM
    I still cannot get my 9900 with the CB app to recognize my new log-in credentials. The app still worked perfectly and much better than desktop mode IMO.

Still keeping all 3 batteries conditioned.
    It's not CB... It's just you ... LOL
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-22-17 10:02 AM
    I think you meant to post this in the iMore side. JK LOL
    I can still be a 99XX fan and not use one.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-22-17 10:07 AM
    It's not CB... It's just you ... LOL
    Trust me it’s always me

Yeah I think it is because I created the account in the Tapatalk App and not first on the CB desktop mode. It SHOULD be recognized but I seem to remember having this happen before.
    11-22-17 10:11 AM
    Trust me it’s always me

Yeah I think it is because I created the account in the Tapatalk App and not first on the CB desktop mode. It SHOULD be recognized but I seem to remember having this happen before.
    That's probably it. If you create a Mobile Nations Passport account, it should work.
    11-22-17 10:13 AM
    That's probably it. If you create a Mobile Nations Passport account, it should work.
    I can’t even honestly remember now if I did that this time around but I’m sure I did because I remember trying to login on the desktop version with the same credentials I use for Tapatalk. Once it’s beyond frustration I just basically cave.
    11-22-17 10:15 AM
    I can still be a 99XX fan and not use one.
    Just refrain from starting a "Who Got Their iPhone X??" thread in CB and we'll all be OK.......

ECM can only close threads so fast and the backlash would be swift....
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    11-22-17 10:15 AM
    Just refrain from starting a "Who Got Their iPhone X??" thread in CB and we'll all be OK.......

Naaaa I like the Home Button too much, hate gestures for nav. ^_^
    11-22-17 10:17 AM

No danger, there. I'm using an iPhone 5S and likely will keep using it until Apple ends support for it, at which time I will find the least expensive iPhone available that's still supported by Apple. There are a lot more important things I'd rather spend $1,000 on.
    11-22-17 10:17 AM
    I had the 9700, 9900, q10, Playbook, Classic, and Passport over a period of 5 years. I loved them all for different reasons. All though none of them were perfect.

The 9900 keyboard and trackpad though was pretty glorious and BB7 had the best notification settings (complete with holster options) period.
    RaybanRJ and idssteve like this.
    11-22-17 11:29 AM
    I love to read, so the 9300 is great for me. The battery lasts a long time, easily a week with even casual usage, so I can read kindle stuff for days and days between charges. Almost as good as an e-ink ereader but much more portable! I used to eread on my 9900, but after I got the 9300, that older tech device won me over, even without touchscreen.

I recently took my sim out of the 9900 and put it into my lumia 830 again. I love Win8.1 mobile. It is so fluid, and I'll need the internet access for Black Friday,,.
    11-22-17 06:56 PM
8,754 ... 269270271272273 ...