Good grief, it's early...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    10-21-17 07:46 AM
    You don't sleep in on Saturdays?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-17 09:53 AM

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Haha... it's late, 12 time zones away...
    10-21-17 10:34 AM
    I'm right-handed, and I prefer to one-hand the Bold with the right.

Definitely faster and more precise right handing oversized stuff like Classic, etc... inevitably wind up handing it off, or holstering if Bold is already in left, (usually the case )... to do other things with right hand. I can sign my name left handed but it looks too much like attempted forgery so... lol.
    10-21-17 10:52 AM
    If this continues to be a problem – I do have an archived version of the Tapatalk app v1.4.7.9 (jad and cod files) that I'm happy to share; if you pm me I'll provide a folder share link. I can't remember whether it's a complex install but I'm sure that Shuswap can advise.
    In my experience the Tapatalk app has been very stable (more so than the CB forum app) on my 9000, but as they say 'your mileage may vary'. I do recall that both the CB and Tapatalk forum apps were clunky before I upgraded to to OS 7.1.0.1098, and both were equally capable of locking the handset forcing a 'battery pull'.
    Thanks, I'll try a few more things first. I always had good luck with the CB app on the 99 and that is still the best thing about enjoying the device IMO, but if it is an issue over creating the account on tapatalk then I will read more about if that affects use on the CB app.

One of the things slowing me down is the limit to 5 login attempts and then you are blocked for 15 minutes on the CB app. I went through this issue when I first got the 99, but it might be done in vain if the issue is tapatalk to CB app compatibility.

I am trying both user name and email addy and I have always been able to "get it" eventually.
    10-21-17 12:13 PM
    Just curious does anyone in here use a Fitbit Charge 2?? I am thinking about grabbing one, I like the idea of the heart monitor but I realize it is probably only compatible with iOS or Android.

I want to know if the HR is accurate.

(I might need this because of the stress from getting the CB app to work)
    10-21-17 12:16 PM
    You don't sleep in on Saturdays?
    I had this morning set aside for a 60-mile bike ride <Duff-Man voice ON> OH yeahhhh... <DM OFF>

I'm definitely gonna get caught up on that missing sleep... starting in about 20 mins!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-21-17 02:58 PM
    Any help with being stuck on the message "Restoring BBM" on a 9900?

I've just set it up with BIS on an EE pay-as-you-go sim. I see the little BIS dots in the top right of the display.
    10-22-17 10:38 AM
    Wiped the 9900 and it all seems ok as I didn't upgrade bbm before setting it up this time.

Is there a bbm group, or can someone send me a test message pls. My pin is 2663B2DD

10-22-17 12:56 PM
    Hey I sent you a test message. Kind of weird. I never use BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 10:57 PM
    I made a mistake of passing up few good 9900's that i've seen on ads/listings and now they can't be found anywhere... Anyone here that used/uses Q10 and Bold 9900? How does it compare against 9900?
    10-23-17 04:16 AM
    Yeah, remember you did.
    The lack of tool belt put Q10 behind 9900 though some may say it is better with web browser. For me, due to the lack of update, browsing on Q10 is not that far better than on the Bold.
    Q10 is small enough for one hand operation and for pocketing. Two hand typing would give a bit of strain on the thumbs when moving to the outer keys due to the straight keyboard.
    That's about what I could think of. I used my Q10 for about two weeks then put it in the box, so not much experience. But it is a nice device. My friend replaced the black bezel with a silver one and made it really stand out. A company here plated the bezel with white rhodium or white gold as they called it, and boy it looked sweet.

But what do you expect from a thread full of 9900 die-hard? Q10 is always kind of short comparing to 990#,

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    10-23-17 08:49 AM
    I made a mistake of passing up few good 9900's that i've seen on ads/listings and now they can't be found anywhere... Anyone here that used/uses Q10 and Bold 9900? How does it compare against 9900?
    If your carrier has BIS, or you do a lot of text selection, then the 9900 is the better choice. Oddly, it may also be a better choice if you want to use certain apps. I like the Tapatalk app a lot.

If you don't have BIS on your carrier, you really like the hub for integrated messaging, or you need certain Android apps, the Q10 may be a better choice. The browser is also a little better, but as @littlebuff noted above, it's aging rapidly.

I think the keyboards are equally good, but the physical buttons and trackpad tip the balance on that score to the 9900. I've experienced double-typing on both, but it seems to be more common on the Q10.

The 9900's screen seems clearer to me, and the whites are whiter (the Q10 has a slider to adjust the colour balance, but whites always end up a little blue or a little yellow). The OS layout choices on the Bold often result in larger text (app labels for instance) as well. On the other hand, you can really make the colours pop on the Q10 and the blacks are blacker.

Both have removable batteries and microSD card slots.

The Bold 9900 is easier to disassemble and repair.

All that being said, I think the Q10 is a great Bold 9900 replacement, as long as you know where the differences lie.

Posted via CB10 (and edited a few times)
    Last edited by Shuswap; 10-23-17 at 11:04 AM.
    idssteve likes this.
    10-23-17 10:04 AM
    Rockin' the Bold over here in Europe for a few days. BIS available in Amsterdam and Venice, with both Vodafone and TIM.

Oh, and I gotta say: The "Fat Boy" battery is unbeatable for a long day/night of traveling, calls, and BBMs!

RaybanRJ and idssteve like this.
    10-24-17 01:04 PM
    Rockin' the Bold over here in Europe for a few days. BIS available in Amsterdam and Venice, with both Vodafone and TIM.

Oh, and I gotta say: The "Fat Boy" battery is unbeatable for a long day/night of traveling, calls, and BBMs!

Let's see some travel pics from the Bold
    10-24-17 01:05 PM
    still getting the stuck on 'setting up bbm' issue on my 9900 and 9320

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    10-24-17 01:50 PM

+1 for "Fat Boy" !! SOoo nice to forget charging worries while engaging life!

Equally nice to be able to swap back to OEM thin when wanted. Options are a GOOD thing. .

My K1's endurance almost challenges my "Fat Boy" equipped 99's endurance. K1 is still big & heavy even on short days, tho. Lol.
    10-25-17 04:41 AM
    Let's see some travel pics from the Bold
    Do you have a Bold too?

10-25-17 06:00 AM
    still getting the stuck on 'setting up bbm' issue on my 9900 and 9320
    Check that you have the latest version of BBM installed for your handset (using the BB World app store). Last time I set up a Bold, BBM wouldn't work until I had replaced an older version.
    Presumably your BBID works fine ...
    10-25-17 10:02 AM

My K1's endurance almost challenges my "Fat Boy" equipped 99's endurance. K1 is still big & heavy even on short days, tho. Lol.
    Is it even bigger/heavier than a 9900 with extended battery?
    10-25-17 10:03 AM
    Check that you have the latest version of BBM installed for your handset (using the BB World app store). Last time I set up a Bold, BBM wouldn't work until I had replaced an older version.
    Presumably your BBID works fine ...
    I'm now connected to the internet via cell not wi-fi, I have the bb icon in the top right.

I'm trying to log in with my BlackBerry ID and it says "unable to update blackberry id account while offline"

But I can browse the internet via BIS!

I think I need to update the BBID app or something.
    10-25-17 10:19 AM
    I removed the 8.x version of "BBM" that kept getting stuck, and replaced it with an old 6.x version of "BlackBerry Messenger" via the desktop software. This seems to work! My ID is 2654E786 is anyone would care to message me or add me to a group
    10-25-17 10:22 AM
    Do you have a Bold too?

Is that Irish humour I am supposed to decode?
    10-25-17 10:29 AM
    Is that Irish humour I am supposed to decode?
    No haha, i'm just asking if you're using a Bold 9900 too?

10-25-17 10:56 AM
    No haha, i'm just asking if you're using a Bold 9900 too?

Still trying to connect the CB app on the 99, having issues there but also I am travelling so it is packed away for a few days. Sim is in the iPhone 7.
    10-25-17 11:25 AM
8,754 ... 264265266267268 ...